Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When John Solako comes on SSN with match updates I keep confusing him with Gary Charles .

Anyone know what became of him after his incident at all ? Canny tragic really .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1452792/Ex-England-soccer-star-who-turned-to-alcohol-jailed.html

"Charles admitted dangerous driving, failing to provide a specimen... "

I beg to differ...

"He was sitting among torn-up money and pieces of the car's shattered steering column, and had smeared his own excrement on the interior."

Just read this in an article about Ryan Taylor's injury:

Taylor's team-mates ran out for the Barclays Premier League clash with Aston Villa wearing tracksuits emblazoned with the message 'Ryan Taylor over the wall', a reference to the song the Toon Army sing about his derby-winning free-kick at Sunderland last season.

Pardew said: 'It was Colo's [skipper Fabricio Coloccini] idea, he called me yesterday. We didn't want to say "Get well" because there are people in a lot worse positions than Ryan as a professional footballer.

'It's just nice to have that sort of spirit within the group, and it was just something to say: "We support you Ryan, good luck and come back quickly".'

Great stuff from Colo as captain, he really seems to be loving the job and could be one of the best and most deserving captains we've ever chosen.

Not looking good for Rodgers:

Linky

Liverpool's principal owner, John W Henry, has taken the unusual step of defending the club's calamitous end to the transfer window in an open letter to supporters that appears to condemn Brendan Rodgers' pursuit of Clint Dempsey.

Henry and Liverpool's chairman, Tom Werner, have faced the most hostile criticism of Fenway Sports Group's near-two year reign since Friday, when they failed to acquire a striker despite the manager's decision to loan Andy Carroll to West Ham United the night before. Rodgers had hoped to replace the striker with Dempsey but FSG would not offer more than £4m for the 29-year-old, who ultimately joined Tottenham Hotspur for £6m.

Fulham claim Liverpool offered only £3m for the United States international while a deal for Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge also collapsed due to the striker's insistence on a permanent transfer. The Liverpool manager, who has claimed finances were a factor in Carroll's departure, wanted a loan move before committing to a permanent deal for the Chelsea striker.

"Spending is not merely about buying talent," Henry writes. "Our ambitions do not lie in cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years."

That comment reflects the rift that has developed between Liverpool's owner and their manager in recent days, although Henry describes Rodgers as a "talented young manager and we have valued highly his judgement about the make-up of the squad." The former Swansea City manager was granted control of all football matters upon his arrival at Anfield in June, having resisted FSG's attempts to install a sporting director such as Louis van Gaal before accepting the job, and has now found his judgement undermined on Dempsey. He has been left with just two first-team strikers, Luis Suárez and Fabio Borini, until the transfer window reopens in January.

Having spent almost £30m on new players this summer, albeit with almost £10m recouped in sales and loan fees and with the wage bill slashed under Rodgers, Henry defends FSG's work in the transfer window overall.

He says: "I am as disappointed as anyone connected with Liverpool Football Club that we were unable to add further to our strike force in this summer transfer window, but that was not through any lack of desire or effort on the part of all of those involved. They pushed hard in the final days of the transfer window on a number of forward targets and it is unfortunate that on this occasion we were unable to conclude acceptable deals to bring those targets in.

"But a summer window which brought in three young, but significantly talented starters in Joe Allen, Nuri Sahin and Fabio Borini as well as two exciting young potential stars of the future – Samed Yesil and Oussama Assaidi – could hardly be deemed a failure as we build for the future.

"Nor should anyone minimise the importance of keeping our best players during this window. We successfully retained Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Luis Suárez. We greatly appreciate their faith and belief in the club. And we successfully negotiated new, long-term contracts with Luis and with Martin."

Henry reiterates claims that FSG are still dealing with the fall-out from the disastrous Liverpool ownership of Tom Hicks and George Gillett. Joe Cole, handed a £100,000-a-week contract by the former Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow, remains on the club's books. But he accepts that FSG have themselves erred in the transfer market. The Liverpool owners sanctioned a £120m outlay on new players under the former manager Kenny Dalglish and the former director of football Damien Comolli only to sack Dalglish after one full season in charge.

"We are still in the process of reversing the errors of previous regimes," he adds. "It will not happen overnight. It has been compounded by our own mistakes in a difficult first two years of ownership. It has been a harsh education, but make no mistake, the club is healthier today than when we took over."

The principal owner adds: "We will never place this club in the precarious position that we found it in when we took over at Anfield. This club should never again run up debts that threaten its existence. Most of all, we want to win. That ambition drives every decision. It is the Liverpool way. We can and will generate the revenues to achieve that aim. There will be short-term setbacks from time to time, but we believe we have the right people in place to bring more glory to Anfield."

They bid 3mill for Dempsey....was that anything top do with the 120mill Dalglish pissed against the wall? :lol:

For the owners that employ Mr Moneyball Billy Beane at Boston Redsox theyve either been badly advised (Commoli) or lost leave of their finacial senses. Probably one as a result of the other.

:lol: If Rodgers is a long term plan then they best get ready for a very poor season and no qualification for Europe next season.

I heard on 5Live yesterday that there is a clause in the loan contract of Carroll to bring him back in January.

No but alot of people think we will mix it in the top-6. I think we are staring down the mid-table barrel due to the lack of cover.

I think we have a thread bare squad for European football. We will kick ourselves for letting Guthrie go IMO and even McLovin.

If we get through to the knockout stages, when do they start again after Christmas? I.e good chance of the ACN guys being away?

I think we have a thread bare squad for European football. We will kick ourselves for letting Guthrie go IMO and even McLovin.

If we get through to the knockout stages, when do they start again after Christmas? I.e good chance of the ACN guys being away?

Only if we get drawn versus Division 2 opposition in the cups. Guthrie wanted to leave, we replaced him with a midfielder from Ajax.

IMHO...

Liverpool staff need to learn the art of privacy. Whilst it is exasperating supporting the toon sometimes as we never hear from ashley and very little from llambias, there still remains an element of professionalism about their silence. Liverpool, with that statement, have drawn back the curtains for the viewing public to come and have a look into their window to see how messy their living room is. Bad move, keep it in house and publicly show that the men at the top are behind the manager.

Cristiano Ronaldo is apparently "sad" about his current "professional situation" at Real. In other words, he's not happy with how much he's currently being paid (10m euros per year is his wage from Real). He's now refusing to celebrate when he scores because of how sad this is all making him. :lol:

This utter cunt is playing in a country with 25% unemployment and with over 50% unemployment amongst the young.

How anyone maintains any more than a passing interest in this broken fucking sport is beyond me. I just find myself ticking "mark all as read" on the football forum constantly at the minute, cos I just couldn't give a shite about it.

Cristiano Ronaldo is apparently "sad" about his current "professional situation" at Real. In other words, he's not happy with how much he's currently being paid (10m euros per year is his wage from Real). He's now refusing to celebrate when he scores because of how sad this is all making him. :lol:

This utter cunt is playing in a country with 25% unemployment and with over 50% unemployment amongst the young.

How anyone maintains any more than a passing interest in this broken fucking sport is beyond me. I just find myself ticking "mark all as read" on the football forum constantly at the minute, cos I just couldn't give a shite about it.

Aye, that one cunt means I hate the entire sport