Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://duncanjenkins.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/such-little-thing-makes-such-big.html

Absolutely superb. If you get bored after the first few paragraphs keep reading.

He admits he's a daft twat that makes up transfer lies to get attention.....but we should believe his entertaining story about the triads running LFC?

Either way, just more to laugh at LFC for.

cleardot.gif

"The Asian Football Confederation apologises for an editorial mistake in which the UAE national team was inadvertently referred to by an inaccurate nickname on the AFC's official website. The error, which was mainly because of referral to a popular web-based encyclopedia … was corrected immediately after it was noticed" – the Asian Football Confederation hastily backtracks after calling the UAE football team "sand monkeys", after being misled by Wikipedia

You forget how short a time it has been since Man City were utter dogshit!

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/7381794.stm

Look at that starting XI man

Isaksson, Jihai, Corluka, Dunne, Ball, Ireland, Gelson, Petrov, Garrido, Vassell, Mwaruwari

It was hardly a disaster of a season for them though, they started it really well but fell apart towards the end. Still think they did okay iirc.

You forget how short a time it has been since Man City were utter dogshit!

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/7381794.stm

Look at that starting XI man

Isaksson, Jihai, Corluka, Dunne, Ball, Ireland, Gelson, Petrov, Garrido, Vassell, Mwaruwari

Or not a million years ago in Division 3 with Weaver, Crooks, Edghill, Wiekens, Morrison, Horlock, Brown, Whitley, Dickov, Goater, Cooke

well actually they could have replayed the game, it was abandoned at 6-2 to the ivory coast.

I thought the authorities over there decided that the score would stand at 2-0, rather than replay the game...? Makes no difference to me really, the main thing is that we have Ba and Cisse for as long as it takes for Spurs and Liverpool to sign them.

Just watching the England under21 game, we scored in the last minute and it all kicks off. ESPN saying Serbian fans and players have racially abused Danny Rose.

Staff from both benches having a right punch up.

England players currently not allowed to leave the dressing room by the serbian police!

Was in the steam room at Bannatynes the other week after being to the gym and I was talking to my mate about the Europa league game that night. I was playing hell that we were playing our reserves when we have a half decent chance of winning the competition. I told him it was scandalous we hadnt won a trophy since 1969.

When we came out the steam room my mate asked me if I had noticed who the old bloke sat behind us was? Fucking Bobby Moncur! What are the odds :lol: Must have thought i was trying to be funny

Knew I'd come on here to find a load of anti serb stuff.

Of course, any racist abuse is utterly deplorable and if there is evidence that the Serb fans did so then they should be punished accordingly. And clearly the football crowds unfortunately do have a significant hooligan and racist element to them, like Britain did not so long ago, and depending where you sit in what ground still exists today. Chelsea and Anton Ferdinand, for example.

But then broad generalisations on the behaviour and attitudes of an entire country are racist also. I'm not just talking about xenephobic, knuckle dragging, ignorant and loudmouth dickheads like Stevie dishing out "the worst people in Europe" (I'll pass that on to my family, thank you) but stuff I've read in the press also refer to the Serbian people as one, homogenous racist entity. Every condemnation by most reasonable people of Islamic fundamentalists is rightly qualified with "of course, the vast majority of muslims are tolerant, peace loving and condemn the actions of extremists" yet this is a luxury never afforded to the Serbs, if you want to make them the bad guys in your film/TV series/newspaper articles then it's open season.

Not that it can excuse monkey chants and the like, but these things take time and exposure, too. When he was on his year abroad in Belgrade, my fella and his alkie coursemate would occasionally encounter the one black man in Belgrade. That presumably isn't actually true, but it was only ever the same guy they saw - invariably somewhere near the market stalls at Zeleni Venac - so he stuck in the mind.

There's no question that Serbia needs to "own" its behaviour, as they say on American reality shows, but as Luke says, it's definitely interesting how "grizzled middle-aged Serbian man" is now the go-to archetype for anyone who needs an evil baddie for their show or movie. Alan Rickman must be fuming.