Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Feel sorry for the man, deserves respect from the Arsenal fans at least but they have been on a downward slide for a while now and I cant really see them challenging for the title anytime soonn.

Baffles me that they've lacked a proper leader since Viera left and Wenger still hasnt managed to find one.

the way arsenal fans bang on you'd think they're in crisis instead of being a side that always makes the champions league and has lost to a crap lower league side for one of the first times in fucking ages. We never qualify for the champions league and always go out of the cup to crap lower league opposition.

they don't know they're born that lot.

perhaps i'm being harsh on arsenal fans. they can't all be as cuntish as piers morgan

I'm yet to meet one, met plenty of their customers though.

The people who don't remember where they finished last season, couldn't tell you their most likely starting eleven, y'know... those cunts?

I know a handful of Arsenal fans who are all spot on. They appreciate Wenger for what he's done, and while they might not be chuffed to bits with how things are going, they recognise that they aren't bankrolled like Chelsea and Man City.

They're realistic, but the realistic fans don't ring in 5 Live or make banners to hang out at the ground. Can you imagine someone holding a sign up with, "YOU'RE DOING A REASONABLE JOB, ARSENE, SO I'M PREPARED TO GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT GIVEN YOUR PAST SUCCESSES"

I know a handful of Arsenal fans who are all spot on. They appreciate Wenger for what he's done, and while they might not be chuffed to bits with how things are going, they recognise that they aren't bankrolled like Chelsea and Man City.

They're realistic, but the realistic fans don't ring in 5 Live or make banners to hang out at the ground. Can you imagine someone holding a sign up with, "YOU'RE DOING A REASONABLE JOB, ARSENE, SO I'M PREPARED TO GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT GIVEN YOUR PAST SUCCESSES"

:lol:

the way arsenal fans bang on you'd think they're in crisis instead of being a side that always makes the champions league and has lost to a crap lower league side for one of the first times in fucking ages. We never qualify for the champions league and always go out of the cup to crap lower league opposition.

they don't know they're born that lot.

I generally agree, but it's all relative though isn't it? To go from regular cup and title winning to fuck all since 2005 is a crisis of sorts no?

http://www.guardian....-premier-league

Tom if you haven't yet read this I think you'll be really interested.

Trying to tag you but I'm not sure how. :blush2:

Tagging should be in "More reply options" on the right hand side. Cheers Jonny, really enjoyed that! The Milan Lab is still going but its more commercial now - adidas are doing presentations etc focusing on stats and technique as far as I'm aware.Shame as he was obviously getting results.

I generally agree, but it's all relative though isn't it? To go from regular cup and title winning to fuck all since 2005 is a crisis of sorts no?

all relative. they're still a pretty good side. they're just not a great side anymore. i wouldn't call it a crisis. flirting with relegation and actually going down like we have recently is more crisis material. we should be doing as well as arsenal when you look at how much money is put into us both and the size of the stadiums etc. not a lot in it. their great manager makes a big difference. they don't realise how quickly they could become like us if they sack him and get it wrong. the grass is rarely greener unless you've got some oil rich benefactor.

all relative. they're still a pretty good side. they're just not a great side anymore. i wouldn't call it a crisis. flirting with relegation and actually going down like we have recently is more crisis material. we should be doing as well as arsenal when you look at how much money is put into us both and the size of the stadiums etc. not a lot in it. their great manager makes a big difference. they don't realise how quickly they could become like us if they sack him and get it wrong. the grass is rarely greener unless you've got some oil rich benefactor.

Their stadium is just under 20% bigger than ours and their cheapest season ticket is nearly three times more expensive than ours. Their matchday revenue is well above ours. Not to mention the difference in commercial revenues which is only set to increase with their new deal.

I think some of the younger Arsenal fans and the johhny-come-latelys, (they have quite a few), need a bit of a history lesson on their club and so do some of the media. I heard a bit of talksport on the way to work the other day and Mark Saggers, who to be fair isn't a shock jock, was genuinely concerned and moaning a bit that the Gunners have went so long without a trophy or being in contention for the league. I don't see the same concern heading in our direction whenever we get knocked out of a cup. I don't see the see the same concern we've went so long without a trophy. We're a famous big old club too and it's a disgrace, an absolute shame on those who have ran this club that we've went as long without silverware as we have. Getting back to Arsenal, as a lad I don't recall Arsenal being anything other than an average side with the odd decent cup run. They don't get much more through the turnstiles although due to their demographic they can charge a lot more than we can. My heart fucking bleeds for them, Saggers, the poor bastards that they are. :D

Unlike arsenal, we have been conditioned to have low expectations. And tbh, apart from the cup runs and a very brief flirtation with the big boys over ten years ago, you have to go back to Edwardian times for us to be considered a big club. If arsenal don't get their finger out and spend some cash, they'll be also, also rans like us and groom players to sell on as they've done recently. It all starts at the top with a vision to win, we don't have that and neither do they at the moment.

Arsenal, like us, have no chance of competing with the likes of Man Utd (massive commercial income), Chelsea and Man City (both bankrolled).

Funny things is between them their owners probably have enough money to bankroll them if they just put it in.

Funny things is between them their owners probably have enough money to bankroll them if they just put it in.

Most rational football club owners won't just put money in without any chance of return. Chelsea and Man City's owners treat their clubs like playthings. The sooner clubs are forced to live within their means, the better.

Wenger doesn't really spend big though. He still sees Franny Jeffers when he sleeps.