Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he's got a bit of an ego on him already

That's rare... In young English footballers... Especially those whose father's have a bit of an ego too.

Thought this would go in the small time blather.

http://www.safc.com/.../gad-nufc-1908?

Greatest Away Days: Newcastle 1 Sunderland 9

Published: 14 June, 2013

by Ashley Houghton

safc.com looks back on a memorable away day.

To coincide with the launch of Sunderland's brand new away kit, safc.com asked fans to reflect upon THEIR favourite away days.

The first in the series is the Black Cats record breaking victory over rivals Newcastle united.

In the history of the game only Wolves have equalled Sunderland’s 9-1 record away win in the top flight of English football.

Newcastle, who went on to win the Championship in the 1908/09 season, were put to the sword by a ruthless Black Cats performance.

Billy Hogg opened the scoring for Sunderland after just eight minutes as he saw off multiple Newcastle challenges before sliding past Jimmy Lawrence.

The Magpies’ equaliser came from the penalty spot as England cap Albert Shepherd converted past L.R. Roose in the Sunderland goal.

George Holley restored the visitors’ lead just three minutes after the trestart after some fine wing-play by Arthur Bridgett.

Hogg grabbed his second-goal ten minutes later as Sunderland exerted their dominance on the game.

A further ten minutes passed before Holley registered a hat-trick with his second and third goals coming on 63 and 67 minutes respectively.

Holley’s third was a neat finish from a Jackie Mordue cross.

With the score at 5-1 Bridgett got in on the act; the left winger scored with two blistering strikes within four minutes of Holley’s third.

Mordue made it 8-1 on 70 minutes before Hogg grabbed his hat-trick to grab Sunderland’s ninth goal of the game.

76 minutes of the game had passed when the Black Cats declared with the result inevitable.

Sunderland: Roose, Forster, Milton, Daykin, Thomson, Low, Mordue, Hogg, Brown, Holley, Bridgett.

Att: 56,000

:lol:

article_2224702_15BDC827000005.jpg

"Ah wuz theya when we done tha Mags 9-1."

:lol: fucking hell. A great away day that no one living was at.

I remember when we beat them 5-1 and after I mentioned it 2 days later to a mackem he replied "you're still fucking going on about that!" A week later he said it wasn't that embarrassing as they beat us 9-1 once :lol: .

Think that game was before subs and the offside rule, and I was heard Newcastle ended the game with about 8 players as they got kicked off the park.

Bet you were wondering what happened to the previous occupant of Joe Kinnear's orifice office?....well, funnily enough, this week...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343167/Ex-Newcastle-Dennis-Wise-sues-Tony-Jimenez-failed-golf-course.html

Jiminez looks like one of those goons who Ashley employed to patrol Level 7 a few years back...

Oh and Psycho fails to get his contract renenwed by the FA.... if Glen Hoddle isnt brought in to coach the U21s till Hodgson retires in a blaze of mediocrity the FA want shooting with shit...he may have learned to be nice to millionaire spoilt bastards by now, and to a man all his ex charges that have commented say he's a brilliant coach.

FOOTBALL FIXTURES

PREMIER LEAGUE OPENING DAY FIXTURES:

Saturday, 17 August 2013

Barclays Premier League

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Chelsea v Hull

Crystal Palace v Tottenham

Liverpool v Stoke

Man City v Newcastle

Norwich v Everton

Sunderland v Fulham

Swansea v Man Utd

West Brom v Southampton

West Ham v Cardiff

Stoke chairman Peter Coates has taken a swipe at the Premier League for handing the Potters a long trip to Newcastle on Boxing Day.

Stoke usually play a North West or Midlands team on December 26 and faced Liverpool last year and Aston Villa in 2011.

The Potters must then travel to Tottenham two days later and Coates is not impressed.

"Yes, Newcastle away on Boxing Day," said the Stoke supremo.

"I'm really looking forward to spending Christmas night in Newcastle.

"They seem to find them for us, don't they? But I suppose there is nothing we can do except get on with it."

Coates admits that new boss Mark Hughes faces a tough start with Liverpool, Manchester City and Arsenal up in their first five games.

"Liverpool on the opening day and then City and Arsenal by September 21 is a tough start," he said.

"Crystal Palace will also be up for it in our first home game and West Ham are always difficult to beat, particularly at home.

"Playing the bigger clubs early on has its merits because they haven't always settled down, but that doesn't always work because Chelsea got off to a flyer last season and then dropped off."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co...8#ixzz2Wl1MA7bl

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I'm baffled, I'd be a damned site happier to spend my Christmas in Newcastle than in Stoke. Fuck it, I'd be happier spending my Christmas night getting fisted by a Rhino in the middle of the Battle of the Somme, than in Stoke.

Edit:- Damn you PL

Edited by The Fish

I just found out today that Dave Whelan was a character witness for Stuart Hall in court. Fucking hell. :lol:

Are all owners contemptible humans?