Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boro are about to name Karanka their new manager. Canny drop down in lifestyle for the bloke going from a city like Madrid to one as hellish as Middlesbrough :lol:

Mendieta still lives in Yarm doesn't he? :lol:

Adrian Durham yesterday in the Daily Mail, "Liverpool deserve to win the league cos of Hillsborough." http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/mail-why-liverpool-deserve-success

Today Adrian Durham signing his book in errrrr Liverpool

:lol: :lol:

What a global cunt that bloke is.

imagesCAWXN08I.jpg

He's looking well these days.

Lad at work was at an event where Paul Merson was the after dinner speaker. Anyway, Merson was telling this story about how him, Gazza, Five Bellies and Merson's brother liked to come home from training, calling in at the supermarket to buy 4 bottles of wine EACH on the way. The wine would go into vases, and they would each put £1k on the table. They would then neck 4 sleeping tablets and start drinking the wine. The last person left awake got to keep the cash.

Good read that Stevie and great to see the goals again. I must be about the same age as you and I know I was there that day but I really can't remember much about it at all. I have vague memories of what was going on at the club at that time but not most of the other things that are still so clear to you (I don't think I ever even knew Dillon was a mackem at the time). There's probably only two stand out memories I have from that season and they are generally how good Gallagher looked until his injury. I really thought he'd be a big star. My other memory is watching the smoggies game on the last day of the seaon on the big screen at the ground.

I think the activities of my late teens and twenties (and thirties tbh) have unfortuntately wiped out some of the memories from back then!

Good read that Stevie and great to see the goals again. I must be about the same age as you and I know I was there that day but I really can't remember much about it at all. I have vague memories of what was going on at the club at that time but not most of the other things that are still so clear to you (I don't think I ever even knew Dillon was a mackem at the time). There's probably only two stand out memories I have from that season and they are generally how good Gallagher looked until his injury. I really thought he'd be a big star. My other memory is watching the smoggies game on the last day of the seaon on the big screen at the ground.

I think the activities of my late teens and twenties (and thirties tbh) have unfortuntately wiped out some of the memories from back then!

:lol: Many of mine too, but they're Shaun Ryder like, in that I can remember everything before and after. The smoggie game on the pitch was fantastic, it felt like a spiritual experience sitting on the pitch.

:lol: Many of mine too, but they're Shaun Ryder like, in that I can remember everything before and after. The smoggie game on the pitch was fantastic, it felt like a spiritual experience sitting on the pitch.

Aye I think it's my earlier memories that are fucked!

That feeling of running onto the pitch was fantastic like. Me and one of me mates then climed up into the Milburn stand at half time. Fuck knows why we made the effort to climb when the rest of the lads managed to walk up the steps!

I got to go on the pitch when they knocked down the old stand to put the Milburn stand up. We were in town shopping so my old man thought it was a great excuse to escape the tedious exercise my mother was putting us through to say we would go to have a look at how the work was going. When we turned up there was a security bloke and a couple of workers there and after a quick friendly chat to the them they let us both onto the pitch to have a look around. :lol: Would never happen now like.

Newcastle fan's book, free on the kindle store for a few days...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Im-Rivelino-halves-Working-Class-ebook/dp/B005GGAOFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384762672&sr=8-1&keywords=i%27m+rivelino

I've not read it like, might be shite.

I've got it already, it's worth a read especially for free!

Latest blog I did yesterday, about when we beat Leeds 5-2. Had over 2,000 hits in 12 hours this. http://moderndaydoilum.wordpress.com/2013/11/17/one-of-the-greatest-days-ever-to-be-a-toon-fan/

Canny read Stevie, was at that game and did a good few aways that season yet despite finishing third saw us win only ONCE away from home. I missed an away win at Port Vale and the next away game was at Wolves in the run-in for promotion so I thought it was typical and I thought my winless streak would continue but we did them 1-0 with a very memorable away win with some top notch piss taking from one of our our lot towards a very spotty, mouthy Wolves fan and his mates. (insults as well as pies were thrown). :D

P.S. Our strip looked much better with the red numbers on the back, no idea why we got rid.

In the biggest news ever, Shola Ameobi just assisted a goal for Nigeria against Italy. Beginning to look very likely that he'll be on the plane to the World Cup if he stays fit. This is the greatest thing to ever happen to football.