Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huddlestone might be able to mark the less than mobile wrong side of 30-odd Steven Gerrard out of a game but l'd be slightly worried when actually facing someone world class. Which, to be honest, is pretty likely during a World Cup.

Huddlestone might be able to mark the less than mobile wrong side of 30-odd Steven Gerrard out of a game but l'd be slightly worried when actually facing someone world class. Which, to be honest, is pretty likely during a World Cup.

Agreed. But that goes for the whole England squad tbh.

Posession is the name of the game in international football. He's very good at keeping it.

Maybe Gerrard had an off day but he still seemed pretty mobile to me when i've seen him play recentyl. Bruce is doing a fine job at Hull so far this season.

To be fair to Gerrard he's doing sterling work for my Fantasy Football team.

FOOTBALL - GREGORY APPOINTED CRAWLEY BOSS

Crawley announce the appointment of John Gregory as manager.

Former Aston Villa manager Gregory, 59, has signed an 18-month contract with the League One club, having last managed in England in 2007.

More recently, Gregory has managed in Kazakhstan and Israel.

:lol: John Gregory there, what a wazzock

1. 1615:
    WORLD CUP DRAW

England have been placed in pot four for Friday's World Cup draw but could yet find themselves moved to pot two.

The four pots for Friday's World Cup draw are:

Pot 1: Brazil, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay.

Pot 2: Algeria, Cameroon, Chile, Côte d'Ivoire, Ecuador, Ghana, Nigeria

Pot 3: Australia, Costa Rica, Honduras, Iran, Japan, Korea Republic, Mexico, USA

Pot 4: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, England, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia.

Whats the Bold bit about then?

Whats the Bold bit about then?

Nine countries in pot 4 and seven in pot 2, so one will get switched to pot 2 before the draw begins.

That country will then be guaranteed to meet one of the South American teams from pot 1.

Just call me Jérôme Valcke.

Nine countries in pot 4 and seven in pot 2, so one will get switched to pot 2 before the draw begins.

That country will then be guaranteed to meet one of the South American teams from pot 1.

Just call me Jérôme Valcke.

but why?

Why are there 7 in one and nine in the other, why not have 8 in each from the off? That is the question I'm asking.

I threw a clementine at a work-mate's balls today. I was quite pleased with myself for the rest of the day.

Because that's how the continents stack up after you've removed the top seeds. No actual draws done today, just confirmation of the ranking- and continent-based allocations. They're saving their balls for Friday.

Because that's how the continents stack up after you've removed the top seeds. No actual draws done today, just confirmation of the ranking- and continent-based allocations. They're saving their balls for Friday.

Alreet Jerome, no need to show off !!

PL-spend-summer-2013-net-by-club.jpg

'He's spent over £100m!!!!!!' schtick a little unfair?

People are concerned about the quality he's gotten with the 100M, the net spend doesnt have anything to do here.

For instance Pards bought Henderson for 50M, Carlton Cole for 25M and Andre Santos with the remaining 25M you'd be pretty pissed wouldnt you even if we'd sold Shola for 105M and had a net spend of -5M?

Has any team gone an entire season without an Englishman scoring for them?

It's only S.Taylor, R.Taylor, Williamson that could realistically be expected to chip in with a goal, isn't it? Given Ryan is out for the foreseeable, Williamson has scored a grand total of zero league goals for us and Steven hasn't scored in 3 years, I'm not expecting that trend to change any time soon

(I'm discounting Shola because he's represented Nigeria at International level and such isn't "English")