Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I'd be annoyed with who chose the players, in this case Baldini.

And I think some of the players brought in will turn out to be good signings, the point is I've heard quite often 'He's spent £100m and they haven't improved over last season', as though he's had an extra £100m worth of quality added to what he had last season, when that simply isn't the case.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any team gone an entire season without an Englishman scoring for them?

It's only S.Taylor, R.Taylor, Williamson that could realistically be expected to chip in with a goal, isn't it? Given Ryan is out for the foreseeable, Williamson has scored a grand total of zero league goals for us and Steven hasn't scored in 3 years, I'm not expecting that trend to change any time soon

(I'm discounting Shola because he's represented Nigeria at International level and such isn't "English")

There was something on the Guardian podcast about that recently, think they said Arsenal 05/06 or 06/07. There's a half fact for you anyway.

I'd be annoyed with who chose the players, in this case Baldini.

And I think some of the players brought in will turn out to be good signings, the point is I've heard quite often 'He's spent £100m and they haven't improved over last season', as though he's had an extra £100m worth of quality added to what he had last season, when that simply isn't the case.

Id be questioning who decided to spend all the Bale money at once. We all know integrating foreign players takes time.

Was meant to get (member) tickets for the Palace away game but they've sold out and I think I mistook the day* they might have gone on sale to members. Anyone know if they'd have all gone to season ticket holders anyway? To make me feel a bit better about that.

Will just get home tickets instead if I can, but they're not on general sale.

edit; * was the third

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Mike Williamson on FIFA14 Ultimate Team for September... Go Willo!

1471951_10152090744789759_581466202_n.pn

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=hgs1RWY1nKBln:pc&sf20497027=1

Post a pic of yourself with a placard saying 'I'm not the fucking Gardener, honest' or send £50 to charity.

Hull City's owner has formally applied to the FA to change the club's name to Hull Tigers after already changing the company name but needs FA permission to change the clubs playing name. Easy peasy then, the FA just refuse him on the grounds of, well, common sense and a decency to the vast majority of interested parties who think this is one step too far. If they play ball with the owner they have no right to claim to be custodians of English football in my opinion.

Didn't the FA admit that the MK Dons situation was a massive mistake and highly unlikely to be allowed again?

Christ, I hope so. If the bellend at Hull gets his way it's a short step to Newcastle SportsDirect United or something equally farcical. Hull Tigers sounds like a baseball team, get to fuck with that.