Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what point are you too far gone though? Especially with the number of games over Christmas on the form he's had WBA in this year they'd be totally in the mire by new year, 7 wins in 34 games in 2013 isn't good enough for a team who want to be at least mid table and certainly aren't fancying relegation having spent a bit this summer.

I'm surprised at everyone's surprise tbh.

This, they've been horrific this year. Agree with Brock about Lukaku as well. They spent a good amount this close season and haven't seen any improvement.

They only bought Anichbe and Sessegnon in the summer, hardly blockbuster signings. You take Lukaku out of most sides in the PL and it's going to leave a massive gap. My surprise is because I thought that guiding them to their highest ever PL finish last season would buy him a bit more time.

They only bought Anichbe and Sessegnon in the summer, hardly blockbuster signings. You take Lukaku out of most sides in the PL and it's going to leave a massive gap. My surprise is because I thought that guiding them to their highest ever PL finish last season would buy him a bit more time.

Broke their transfer records for both those players and he spoke out quite negatively at the end of the window regarding the clubs business which the chairman didnt like and issued a statement about himself.

Spurs vs Liverpool is the feature match for Sky today.

So who do they have as pundits? Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard and Graeme Souness, ffs.

And who were the BT pundits yesterday? McManaman and David James with Michael Owen on commentary.

HMHM can stick his Man U bias up his arse.

:lol:

Broke their transfer records for both those players and he spoke out quite negatively at the end of the window regarding the clubs business which the chairman didnt like and issued a statement about himself.

And who were the BT pundits yesterday? McManaman and David James with Michael Owen on commentary.

HMHM can stick his Man U bias up his arse.

If you think that I reckon there's no Liverpool bias then you haven't been paying much attention. There's Liverpool pundits everywhere. Doesn't mean Man U don't get blanket coverage though. ;)

Its two different things...fuck knows why all the ex lfc players get these pundint gigs, but nothing stops them or anyone else in the media and subsequently the public in general from referring to manu as "united"....that's a far bigger issue than who gets to talk banal and inaccurate shit to the nation iyam, regardless of who it is or who they played for they all do it.

Shearer really nails his colours to the mast doesn't he? :jesuswept:

Jamie Redknapp and Souness both played for Spurs as well. I think their fans view Alan Smith commenting on their games like we view Niall Quinn doing ours though. :lol:

Its two different things...fuck knows why all the ex lfc players get these pundint gigs, but nothing stops them or anyone else in the media and subsequently the public in general from referring to manu as "united"....that's a far bigger issue than who gets to talk banal and inaccurate shit to the nation iyam, regardless of who it is or who they played for they all do it.

You can stick your 'united' patter up your arse. Everyones sick of hearing about it round here. ;)

You can stick your 'united' patter up your arse. Everyones sick of hearing about it round here. ;)

I've always found comments like "ooh I hate Paul Merson on sky sports" to be among the more serious matters for debate on here myself....

Is 7th not where Tottenham should be as a club? They're a 6th-10th club in every way in the same sad way we are while Ashley is here. Maybe Levy is as deluded as their fans.

historically, you're right but they did just spunk £90m in the summer and have been in and around the top 4 in recent years.

historically, you're right but they did just spunk £90m in the summer and have been in and around the top 4 in recent years.

Made a net profit in the summer though, it was not a £90m net gain of talent, while the teams around them have added to their squads without losing too much.

Not excusing their performances btw, but rather than 'He's spent £100m and performances have been poor', a less snappy but fairer summary would be 'Someone has chosen to sell £100m worth of talent from his squad and replace it with £100m worth of other talent, and he hasn't been able to get the players he's been given performing well'.

I fancy Fat Sam to be the next to get the chop, and the result of Wednesday's Spurs v West Ham game might be the final nail in the coffin.

Can't see it, Noelie. Not yet, anyway. Fat Sham's got too many friends to spread his bullshit.