Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the mackems have signed chief sicknote :icon_lol:

I think he's decent to be honest. He does have a recurring problem with tendons, but there's a good player in there. If he stays fit he could be a big success there.

_52734134_pardew.gif

"Those new floodlights, let me tell you, there's wan or two clabs in ther champions league who'd be a wee bit envious of those. I know our fans here are going to lahve 'em. It's a real testament to Mike that he's still enthused enough to go out and put this clab on ther map and our fans have literally, if you pardon my little pun here, the brightest future in the Premier League."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/11/football-manager-computer-game-premier-league-clubs-buy-players

Premier League clubs are to start using the database belonging to the computer game Football Manager to help identify and recruit new signings.

Sports Interactive, the creator of the best-selling game, will begin feeding its extensive information into Prozone Recruiter, an online analysis platform which many of the top clubs use to scout new talent.

Biographical, contractual and positional information compiled by SI over two decades will be incorporated into the Prozone tool, which provides player data and archived video footage of tens of thousands of players from across the world.

“Prozone Recruiter has been built to supplement the intuition of scouts and coaches by delivering detailed performance information on over 80,000 players worldwide,” says Prozone’s CEO Thomas Schmider. “The Sports Interactive database is a highly accurate and valuable resource that will further enhance the recruitment services that we provide. The integration of Sports Interactive data further establishes Recruiter as the most comprehensive recruitment and asset management platform available.”

Sports Interactive’s studio director Miles Jacobson said: “For years we’ve heard stories of real-life managers and scouts using our data to help with the recruitment process. From now on, it’s official…real managers around the world will be finding and comparing players using data and a search system that will be very familiar to players of Football Manager.

“The information gathered by our network of more than 1,300 scouts around the world, combined with Prozone’s amazing performance data, makes this an invaluable tool for any football club that takes player recruitment seriously.”

:lol:

Of course, it makes sense, but there's still something odd about the idea of "serious" football scouts screaming down the phone that the Chairman simply has to buy Tonton Zola Moukoko!