Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Aye he mentioned it earlier. He seemed to question our right to complain about our record since January without any mention of the record itself, and this fuckers a journalist paid for presumably balanced viewpoints?

You still in Kinson mate? ..... Just seen a bloke in a Northern Rock black and white strip pushing a trolley round Sainsburys in Poole, wasn't you was it? :)

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing about Barclay demanding apologies for Pardew is that he was agitating against him back in 2012.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/sport-comment/brave-new-world-or-have-the-toon-just-been-loony-8381172.html?origin=internalSearch

Almost CTesque.

Which you wouldn't blink at for a troll. He's supposed to be a journalist though.

Was it Barclay who said something along the lines of "Newcastle fans would rather be moaners than owners" when the supporters trust was trying to buy the club. He's as smug as he is ill-informed.

What a load of shite. Rogers has as much input in transfers as Pardew does.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-science-muppet-show-4559695

It's the same at most premier league clubs

http://www.football365.com/mailbox/9546192/A-Whacking-Great-Load-Of-Rodgers-Out-

If we've learned one thing recently it's that other fans and pundits shouldn't stand in judgement on the supporters of another club.

I have to assume that the sack Rodgers campaign has about as much support among Liverpool fans as the BackPardew one had within Newcastle though.

http://www.football365.com/mailbox/9546192/A-Whacking-Great-Load-Of-Rodgers-Out-

If we've learned one thing recently it's that other fans and pundits shouldn't stand in judgement on the supporters of another club.

I have to assume that the sack Rodgers campaign has about as much support among Liverpool fans as the BackPardew one had within Newcastle though.

Generally I'd agree but the premise of this Rogers Out campaign appears to be factually incorrect

Nope, not having that, we're well within our rights to mock, deride, lambast and kick sand at the fans of other clubs.

Especially when they're calling for the head of a competent manager who damn near won the title for them.

You know all too well that Pardew's form is measured over years, not simply the last four games, so should Rodgers'. He did brilliantly with Swansea, then fair with Liverpool, then brilliantly with them. They're missing 80% of their goals from last season. While Balotelli hasn't replaced Suarez, he's suffering not just because he's not as good as Suarez, but he's having to lead the line alone, without the goal FRET of Sturridge to take some of the pressure off him in his first season with Liverpool.

The fans of that club are fickle; lauding King Kenny and his brilliant signings,to blaming their failures on the Italian (whose name escapes me), Lauding Rodgers as a genius on his appointment, then bemoaning his ability and clamouring for Benitez's return, then once again Rodger's is a mastermind, now he's shit.

Pardew was never wanted at Newcastle, he began to change minds with the 5th place, but he's reverted to type and any good will he fostered in that glorious season has evaporated through turgid football, smug preening on tv, or blaming fans for costing Newcastle the points.

They're 3 points off 4th and their goal hero of last year is close to a return. They can fuck right off.

Edited by The Fish

Fish you do this every time when it comes to lfc supporters, that Twitter account has 2k followers and you appear to be taking their opinion as representative of the entire lfc support :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

I wouldn't at all be surprised if it were Man U fans behind that Twitter account.

True enough, but a quick browse of RAWK would suggest it would be more likely that a Liverpool fan is behind it.

One is even suggesting that pundits and commentators' negativity is fuelling the crowd's negativity which in turn is affecting the players. So, again, it's a media conspiracy against them.

Staggering lack of realism amongst that lot.

Fish you do this every time when it comes to lfc supporters, that Twitter account has 2k followers and you appear to be taking their opinion as representative of the entire lfc support :lol:

I blame him living in London and going 'native'.

This Boro goal the lad scored on Saturday is my favourite goal this season, the quickness of his feet are just incredible. He only beats two players but what a goal.

I love this goal so much, takes me back to playing for the school, but people rarely get away with them against professional defenders.

Doing well the Smoggies like. But The Championship being as it is, there's about 2 points between 14 teams. Villa though :lol: watched the Spurs game and, despite Spurs being shit for 70, they never really looked like scoring a second, even though Benteke's sending off didn't help. This might actually be the year they go down and what a shame that would be, eh?

Can't see Villa going down. I reckon the bottom three will be the same as is now; Burnley, Leicester and QPR for the drop.

Just think Benteke, Agbonlahor & Weimann will get enough goals between them to keep Villa safe.

I'd love to see the back of them and think if they were to get relegated it'd be a while before they returned. Their squad isn't good enough to stroll through the Championship, they don't get great attendances and they don't play an attractive brand of football.

It should be a shame that a grand old club like Villa has become such a nothing team, but it's not a shame because they're so fucking boring I can't summon the effort to care about their survival.

I didn't realise the money situation was so troublesome for them, :dunno: fuck 'em. Won't Lerner spunk a bit more cash down the drain to ensure they stay up?

I thought they had a few good young lads coming through?

He's put the club up for sale so he's going to have to do something to ensure they stay in the PL and retain their value. I think his hope was that Benteke would return to form and fitness and begin knocking them in for them because besides him they really have no one else. It was an Ashley style gamble that has backfired.