• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lad at work had his birthday today - fucker's 22 which means when he was born:

1993 Portsmouth (a)

0-2 (0-2)

Division Two

Whittingham(13), Symons(40)

A midweek trip to Fratton Park saw the Magpies lose their unbeaten record for the year at the ninth time of asking, deservedly beaten by Jim Smith's side.

Kevin Keegan's side remained top of the league but a miserable night when little went right ended with David Kelly crashing an 85th minute penalty against the bar and into the crowd - former Pompey player John Beresford having been bundled over.

I think that was just about the only game I missed that season which negates slightly my comment to the lad that when he was born I was watching Newcastle win the second division.

Lad at work had his birthday today - fucker's 22 which means when he was born:

1993 Portsmouth (a)

0-2 (0-2)

Division Two

Whittingham(13), Symons(40)

A midweek trip to Fratton Park saw the Magpies lose their unbeaten record for the year at the ninth time of asking, deservedly beaten by Jim Smith's side.

Kevin Keegan's side remained top of the league but a miserable night when little went right ended with David Kelly crashing an 85th minute penalty against the bar and into the crowd - former Pompey player John Beresford having been bundled over.

I think that was just about the only game I missed that season which negates slightly my comment to the lad that when he was born I was watching Newcastle win the second division.

Was it was that game or the season before where Quinny smashed his leg up against the post trying to score?....dont think he properly recovered from it before KK sold him tbh...

Was it was that game or the season before where Quinny smashed his leg up against the post trying to score?....dont think he properly recovered from it before KK sold him tbh...

I think that was the year before - that would have been the kind of luck Ardiles had.

Luckily the only time I went to Pompey was the 4-1 in 84.

Premier League aside, virtually a full football programme tonight, the mackems playing QPR at the SOS. Look at this record from Queens Park Rangers away from home - P11 W0 D0 L11 F6 A27. That weren't faakin Harry's fault he were gettin "bored" of it. What a dickhead. Vital he never comes up here, THE worst away record a club can have, yet even so the mackems are so shit QPR might get their first point.

Edited by McFaul

"I don't think there is any coach more sophisticated than me any more," said Allardyce. "That's not trying to criticise any other coaches.

"But there is only Arsene Wenger who has done it longer than me. I'm just as good as everybody at this stage."

Fuck me.

Louis Van Gaal is a bit weird isn't he? :lol:

Allardyce trolled him Wolfy style.

He bought Falcao and Di Maria and the team are performing no better than when Moyes had them, yet the media are giving him a free ride? Edited by TheRollingStones

I think they're performing better but Moyes would've got slaughtered if he was still there and they weren't strongly challenging for the league with that sort of outlay.

I'm not even sure it's really Van Gaal's fault. The truth is, you can't just buy a collection of good players - even world beaters apparently - and turn them into a functional team. You need to take the time to build a philosophy. I think Van Gaal's problem is that he's abandoned his philosophy due to the pressure to get better results. Thus he's compromised the long term for the short.

Man Utd are never going to be what they were until they go through the long and painful rebuilding process properly.