Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Journal is saying the site by the St James metro is the subject of a 47m development application. I assume that would be the permanent end of the pipe dream of ground expansion.

Aye, his reasoning is ridiculous. If Carver improves us by one place, taking us up to tenth (where Pardew had us before he left) then he deserves the job. There's absolutely no depth to his thought whatsoever.

I had a player on the school team I coach tell me much the same last year and I hoyed him the fuck off the team on the spot. It was offensive enough hearing it from a 14-year-old; having a multi-million pound footballer tell you he can't be arsed is unacceptable and I reckon KK did the right thing.

EDIT: But Cole's attitude is just a symptom of the ridiculous player power that's come about because of the ridiculous money in football. When you've assembled a team of 25m+, world-class stars, there's no question of dropping a player on that kind of money to the reserves, because the owner is going to want to see return for his money. It's easier to replace the manager than it is to replace a Torres or Bale.

Edited by acrossthepond

Imagine not being bothered enough to play in one of the most exciting sides of your generation...

Even if you're tired, as he claims, wouldn't you want to pull on the shirt and just put in a shift?

Saying that, I don't remember Cole doing much graft* at the best of times.

*I mean defensively, I know he made plenty of runs

West Ham's recent shitness has made them go from "faakin European certainties innit", to one of the clubs in the league with the poorest form. They're only four points above us, and our last game of the season is against them at home. That could quite easily being the incredibly interesting decider in the globally renowned, "Battle for Tenth". Hope we lose if it guarantees Cruddas Park head doesn't get the job.

On the Cole thing, I suppose he could argue if he was feeling a bit off then it might be sort of better for the team to have someone else who was 100%. Probably wasn't his thinking but I hate having to think badly of someone I really liked.

(See also Beardsley's brown tonguing of Ashley)