Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raheem Sterling has called in sick for training today and told the club that he doesn't want to go on their pre-season tour.

Stroppy wee fucker.

It's fucking hilarious mind, a blow to all the Liverpool fans that still see themselves alongside Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City and it's one they aren't handling well.

It's fucking hilarious mind, a blow to all the Liverpool fans that still see themselves alongside Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City and it's one they aren't handling well.

He'll get pelters when he goes back to Anfield.

Thing that gets me, he's not that much of a game changer for Man City's ambitions. He's not the difference between last season and the title, is he. That being the case, why are they spunking £50m on an Inside Forward, when they need a world class Centre Back and a dominant Midifielder.

Also, Liverpool have improved their chances of pushing for Champions League spots with Milner and Firmino (and probably Benteke), if Sterling's exit pays for their arrival, Liverpool have definitely come out of this with the better deal.

Thing that gets me, he's not that much of a game changer for Man City's ambitions. He's not the difference between last season and the title, is he. That being the case, why are they spunking £50m on an Inside Forward, when they need a world class Centre Back and a dominant Midifielder.

Because money's no object they've had their FFP punishment wiped out and need to add some homegrown players to the squad, might as well be one of the few that could possibly step up to their level.

Because money's no object they've had their FFP punishment wiped out and need to add some homegrown players to the squad, might as well be one of the few that could possibly step up to their level.

Milner's been a key player for them, surely it makes more sense to dance with the horse that brought you* and spend £50m on some foreign star who will definitely improve the squad?

*I may have mixed a metaphor there...

Milner's been a key player for them, surely it makes more sense to dance with the horse that brought you* and spend £50m on some foreign star who will definitely improve the squad?

*I may have mixed a metaphor there...

Sterlings much younger though and Milner wasn't signing a new deal.

If he does sign for Citeh,for a silly £50m,he'll want to be away within 2 seasons.His problem then is going to be with Citeh's valuation because there is no way another Premier League club will pay anywhere near that amount,especially after he has lost interest in life in the northwest within a season.He'll end up at Tottenham where he will be known more for his exploits in London nightclubs than goals scored and good performances on a football field.His agent will be happy though.

Sterlings much younger though and Milner wasn't signing a new deal.

He is younger, but he's worth nowhere near £50m, they could have signed Douglas Costa, or Firmino, or whoever for less than that and paid Milner enough to keep him for another season or two and till had change from £50m.

City's pure desperation to get in English players isn't it, especially after Delph turned them down. His ego is going to be out of fucking control now mind (if it wasn't already).

Aye,

Someone tweeted he actually Rated 2001-2003 Kieron Dyer higher and I agree. :lol:

Man Utd getting Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin for less than that amount :lol:

I know City are trying to get in some UK based players but really..