Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it when I'm proved right. Got the dole through today did you explains your internet access?

Happy to oblige.

Oh the irony of a Newcastle person using the dole as a jibe. Still, if it eases your own feelings of insecurity........

:dunno:

cheer up, you won Capital of Culture! :mellow:

It ain't me that needs cheering up, and we were worthy winners, a great year was had by all.

Aye it was probably the Scouse Internationally acclaimed bin dipping expertise that won it for you. Cunt.

Love it when I'm proved right. Got the dole through today did you explains your internet access?

Happy to oblige.

Oh the irony of a Newcastle person using the dole as a jibe. Still, if it eases your own feelings of insecurity........

It ain't me that needs cheering up, and we were worthy winners, a great year was had by all.

Aye it was probably the Scouse Internationally acclaimed bin dipping expertise that won it for you. Cunt.

They won it because they needed it so so badly. Our city is complete, would be hard to improve the city centre, where with Liverpool, Jesus himself would've had a good 20 year job on to sort things oot owa there.

They won it because they gave more attention to small community projects, allegedly. They already had loads more art galleries etc. than us tbf.

Happy to oblige.

They won it because they needed it so so badly. Our city is complete, would be hard to improve the city centre, where with Liverpool, Jesus himself would've had a good 20 year job on to sort things oot owa there.

You're still the biggest laugh provider on here I see.

Every one who entered into it needed/wanted it badly. We won it because we had the best entry, simple as. That doesn't mean it was the best city out of all those entered (although in my opinion it was/is) but we have a lot to offer any visitor and they came in their millions.

Through the interest in Liverpool of the Duke of Westminster his Liverpool One project has not only added a superb new shopping and leisure facility to Liverpool (now number 5 in the rankings), it has joined the city centre to the waterfront in such an attractive way that other developers have added to it even more. With the opening last week of the new Museum of Liverpool, the largest newly-built national museum in the UK for over a hundred years, the whole area has become a destination in it's own right. There's many a city in this country would give their eye teeth for a waterfront like ours. It's now part of the city centre more than it ever has been and I've not seen many a better city centre outside of London, it's all down to opinion though.

"Researchers also found the increased number of visits to Liverpool had a significant impact on the region as a whole; there were 9.7 million additional visits specially influenced by Capital of Culture, generating a direct spend of £753.8 million across the North West in 2008 alone."

Happy to oblige.

Every one who entered into it needed/wanted it badly. We won it because we had the best entry, simple as. That doesn't mean it was the best city out of all those entered (although in my opinion it was/is) but we have a lot to offer any visitor and they came in their millions.

Through the interest in Liverpool of the Duke of Westminster his Liverpool One project has not only added a superb new shopping and leisure facility to Liverpool (now number 5 in the rankings), it has joined the city centre to the waterfront in such an attractive way that other developers have added to it even more. With the opening last week of the new Museum of Liverpool, the largest newly-built national museum in the UK for over a hundred years, the whole area has become a destination in it's own right. There's many a city in this country would give their eye teeth for a waterfront like ours. It's now part of the city centre more than it ever has been and I've not seen many a better city centre outside of London, it's all down to opinion though.

"Researchers also found the increased number of visits to Liverpool had a significant impact on the region as a whole; there were 9.7 million additional visits specially influenced by Capital of Culture, generating a direct spend of £753.8 million across the North West in 2008 alone."

Shame you're not you boring scouse cunt.

Happy to oblige.

Oh dear.

Happy to oblige.

Oh dear.

You could live till you're 90 and still not give what I consider to be a valid reason for putting some dour Australian bloke up on our screens discussing training methods.

Happy to oblige.

Oh dear.

You could live till you're 90 and still not give what I consider to be a valid reason for putting some dour Australian bloke up on our screens discussing training methods.

Why not just say that in the first place then gobshite?

Thanks for the platform to extol the virtues of my hometown anyway though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14322449.stm

Goal-line technology could be used in the Premier League as early as the start of the 2012-13 season.

The law-making International Football Association Board will rule in March 2012 on whether to approve the system.

If it gets the green light then Fifa boss Sepp Blatter says leagues can use it from the start of the 2012-13 season, if "accurate and affordable".

Premier League boss Richard Scudamore has said England's top flight will use it as soon as it is allowed.

Blatter added that goal-line technology could also be used at the 2014 World Cup.

The Fifa chief opposed goal-line technology for years and appeared to have ended the debate on its future in March 2010.

However, the Swiss re-opened it after Frank Lampard had a legitimate goal ruled out in England's 4-1 World Cup defeat by Germany later that year.

Blatter later apologised for the officials' error, saying it was unforgivable and that it had changed his mind on the matter.

Private trials of different systems of goal-line technology are taking place this year, with the international board to make its decision in March 2012.

If the body approves a system, it will then be brought into law on 1 July 2012.

Blatter was speaking at a news conference in Brazil ahead of Saturday's qualifying draw for the 2014 World Cup, which will be held in Rio de Janeiro.

He also said that it was yet to be decided whether the recent experiment of using two additional referees behind the goal-line, which has been trialled in Europa League games, would be "installed as a general rule".

The experiment will be reviewed further in July 2010 after the European Championships in Poland and Ukraine.

:rip:

Beat me to it. Just found this on the Blackburn site. I dare not watch it as I'm sure it'll be too awful, like that Steven Seagal show that follows him being a policeman.

And 1 or 2 posters are really having a mental about it!

Edited by Billy Castell

PSG dont half seem to be buying players by the bucket load. Sky talking about another three coming in tonight totalling some £65 million. Wonder if these guys are the ones who were said to be sniffing around us a while back.

Might free up Erdinc though.

knowing gulati he will either pick somebody nobody has ever heard of or place an "interim" tag on one of the assistants... many fans seem to be chomping at the bit for klinnsman or jason kreis...

Edited by ohhh_yeah

1642: FOOTBALL - Non-league minnows Havant & Waterlooville have landed a glamour friendly against Spanish La Liga side Real Betis tomorrow after Portsmouth were forced to cancel the clash. Pompey are stuck in America after a catering truck collided with their plane last night, forcing their flight home from their pre-season tour to be cancelled.

:o

Now if we can see some improvements to the U-(insert number here) levels here. I think it is the best hire they could of made. To bad Gulati was so so stubborn and did not do this over 4 years ago.

U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati named Jürgen Klinsmann as head coach of the U.S. Men’s National Team today, making him the 35th coach in the history of the program.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National...-of-US-MNT.aspx

We've signed the fantastically named Peter Goodwillie. Hopefully the vague Wanger Love rumours are true so our line-up can have the forward line of Love/Goodwillie. Shame Julian Dicks, David Seaman and Stefan Kuentz have long since retired. That would be a great innuendo based team.