Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Wickham will be a great player but he needs time to develop & a situation in which he can develop. I don't think Sunderland can offer this, especially after their poor start & today's little suicide.

I'd laugh more if it weren't for the fact that they've still got a better strikerforce than we do.

One injury to Bendtner and they're probably worse off than we are.

Be interesting to see if he can step up - he's their only decent striker (Wickham is potential for the future so harsh to judge him so soon) yet he's still young. It's one hell of a lot of pressure on his shoulders to perform, otherwise he'll have their support on his back. Don't envy him one bit.

I think Wickham will be a great player but he needs time to develop & a situation in which he can develop. I don't think Sunderland can offer this, especially after their poor start & today's little suicide.

Supposedly Bruce courted Wickham and his agent (sure it's his dad) at his villa in Portugal prior to signing him .

He was surely sold on Sunln on a promise of getting a game . To this effect I'd be very surprised if things are 'all well' with players and manager lately.

Don't know why he's not getting his chance personally.

Maybe Bruce's judgement is impaired in some way or another ?

Edit - by that i mean why he persisted with Gyan when now admitting his head had been gone for weeks, yet had CW surely chomping at the bit on the wings. This thing of managers persisting with 'big' buys at the potential detriment of the club is surely a manager floundering at trying to 'prove' to a generous benefactor they know how to spunk their dollars for them.

I'd almost feel sorry for Bruce if he wasn't such a bitter Manc with an unplayed record collection. :D

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Someone just pointed out that they've sold their best two strikers in the space of a year and done a pretty poor job of replacing them. I'll readily admit to being very jealous of them when they could boast about having both Bent and an on-form Gyan up front.

I wasn't because at the time we had Carroll, oh and we smashed 5 past them...

I'm reminded of an early 70's song called Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.

The lyrics may, or may not, have gone something like this:

Where's Assmoah Gyan, where's Assmoah Gyan?

Little baby Don, little baby Don

Far far awaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Far far awaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Last night I heard Brewsie singin' a song

Oooowee, cheesy chips and wheez keeze

Woke up this mornin' and Assmoah had gone

Oooowee, cheesy chips and wheez keeze

(yes, I'm aware it's not Assmoah, but artistic license, my boy, artistic license)

Fernando Torres seems to be gradually turning into a persona non grata in Chelsea. Should he be shipped off - do you reckon he could ressurect his career here? Ignoring the fact that he is excactly the type of player we wouldnt be in for given our new policy on transfers. Just thinking out loud here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Tarantini

After some good performances during the World Cup (he scored a goal in the 6-0 victory against Peru) he was signed by Birmingham City for £295,000. His spell in England was overshadowed by poor discipline, with Tarantini flattening Manchester United striker Brian Greenhoff, and famously ending his 23-game spell in Birmingham by wading into the crowd to punch a heckler.

:D The first Cantona.