Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J, one of the reasons we don't particularly get on (on here) is because you don't realise when I'm taking the piss/get my sense of humour. Which is fine, different strokes and all that. However, I think anyone on here who'd met me (and probably quite a few that haven't) would tell you I was 'avin a larf.

Well, all joking aside, I would happily have a drink/chat if you are at any games this season. If not you can fuck off

You are a fucking Aspergers sufferers worst nightmare btw.

There's a few of them on here like :lol:

If you can be bothered, Google FIFA corruption for the latest stuff to have come to light on bribery payments accepted by high ranking FIFA executives. Doesn't seem to be getting a huge amount of press coverage.

If you can be bothered, Google FIFA corruption for the latest stuff to have come to light on bribery payments accepted by high ranking FIFA executives. Doesn't seem to be getting a huge amount of press coverage.

I always assumed Havalange was a corrupt fucker and I've never had any reason to think any other members of FIFA and the IOC aren't too.

You can just imagine the bribers saying "Well Mr Blatter we were bunging your predecssor for years and you mean to say you're a different kind of bloke and you won't take our money?" - yeah right.

Blatter says he is happy that this latest info has come to light.

The cath-word is probably one of the single worst things to happen to the game.

Aye it's fucking appalling. The football nations of the world need to make a stand for anything to happen, I would imagine, and that just isn't gonna happen. They're untouchable. The fact that he can say he's glad it's come to light, when it blatantly exposes the fact that bribery of FIFA officials is known about and accepted BY FIFA tells you how much of a shit he gives.

He's like when they used to do Clinton on Saturday Night Live: "I..... Am... Bulletproof." He couldn't give a fuck what people know or think about FIFA. He's driving the gravy train and noone is stopping him.

"Yeah I'm glad they released it. Cos it means you'll shut the fuck up about it. Have you read it yet? Yeah? Now what dickhead?"

Edited by Gemmill

He only got the presidency because he was good mates with Havelange.

What makes it frankly farcical is the fact that the higher ups at FIFA ACKNOWLEDGE all this bribery was going on. The fact it wasn't strictly *illegal* per se for it to go on in Switzerland when it did makes no difference.

The amount of millions lining these twats' pockets, dodgy marketing companies getting exclusive World Cup rights and the constant sexist/racist/etc shite the idiot comes out with is all beyond belief. Imagine how the game could've been improved if all those millions went towards the causes FIFA are SUPPOSED to be backing. Development of young footballers, goal line technology etc.

He needs a Shearer spot kick to the nuts the corrupt, bumbling, neutral cath-word.

Am desperate for the new season now. Feels just great to be so excited about the club again during pre-season. Really can't wait.

Even worrying about keeping a hold of our key players, getting the three players in that we need, and getting through the Europa League play-off can dampen my excitement.

edit; want competitive football in general to be honest, not just Newcastle. Euro 2012 was very enjoyable and only made me more eager for the new season. I've also found the first few weeks of the season to be some of the most entertaining and interesting to watch as you get to see lots of new players and new tactics, as well as three new (promoted) clubs.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

He only got the presidency because he was good mates with Havelange.

What makes it frankly farcical is the fact that the higher ups at FIFA ACKNOWLEDGE all this bribery was going on. The fact it wasn't strictly *illegal* per se for it to go on in Switzerland when it did makes no difference.

The amount of millions lining these twats' pockets, dodgy marketing companies getting exclusive World Cup rights and the constant sexist/racist/etc shite the idiot comes out with is all beyond belief. Imagine how the game could've been improved if all those millions went towards the causes FIFA are SUPPOSED to be backing. Development of young footballers, goal line technology etc.

He needs a Shearer spot kick to the nuts the corrupt, bumbling, neutral cath-word.

There was a company awarded the exclusive rights to sell hospitality packages for the South Africa World Cup. Guess who one of the owners was: Blatter's nephew. The company massively overpriced their packages / overestimated the demand so they made a big loss on the event. They fucked up, in other words. Recently, Blatter awarded the Asian TV rights for the 2018 and 2022 World Cup to a company. Guess who the president of this company is: Blatter's nephew. That's just the stuff you hear about that's technically legit as well. It's laughable.

Ledley King has retired today.

Feel for him, he was a tremendous players.

I really think that if they hadn't been made of glass, Woodgate and King would have been England's defensive partnership.

Most defenders manage 8 or 9 games if they are lucky

John Charles was never booked or sent off in his entire career (played most of his games as a CB too).

I think Lineker too was never carded.