Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Steve Kean is on the verge of being sacked. When the team were looking completely clueless and the fans were baying for his blood the owners stood by him. Now he has them in an automatic promotion spot and they decide to get rid. You do have to feel sorry for their supporters.

John Terry: Always the victim

By Eurosport | Early Doors – 1 hour 48 minutes ago

"The FA, in pursuing charges against me where I have already been cleared in a court of law, have made my position with the national team untenable."

That's right, John. It's the FA's fault. It is they who have made your position untenable. Not you. They are to blame for your retirement from the England team.

Blame the FA for carrying out an inquiry into the serious claim that you - when England captain - racially abused another footballer.

It's true, you were cleared in a court of law.

You were cleared by Senior District Judge Howard Riddle, who said: "Mr Terry's explanation is, certainly under the cold light of forensic examination, unlikely."

Judge Riddle said the lack of compelling evidence meant your claim you were not insulting Anton Ferdinand remained "possible" - there was reasonable doubt. But if you think the 'not guilty' verdict amounted to a glowing endorsement of you and your character you simply weren't paying attention.

You admit to using the words 'f****** black c***' on a football pitch, but dispute the context of the remark. Talking of eradicating doubt - how about removing all suspicion of racism by keeping such toxic phrases out of your mouth?

But you're right. Westminster Magistrates' Court cleared you.

You seem to think the FA should have dropped its investigation at that point. But, with all due respect, John, if you truly believe that you are an idiot. And you have struck Early Doors as many things, but never an idiot.

As you know, the FA operates a lower burden of proof - it uses the balance of probability to reach its verdicts. What's more, it has a clear obligation to investigate fully when the captain of the England team is accused of racially abusing an opponent. You must realise this.

Of course, this is not the first time you have found yourself under fire.

You may have seen an article in The Times last October by Matthew Syed, in which he concluded you were either the most misunderstood man in Britain, or... well, not.

Syed cited too many incidents to repeat here, but you may wish to refresh your memory byreading the article here.

Certainly, for a man deemed a natural leader on the pitch, communicating clearly and taking responsibility off it do not seem to come easily to you.

In 2006 you were appointed England captain. You described it as a "once in a lifetime opportunity", little realising how hilariously wrong you were.

In 2010 Fabio Capello removed the armband amid a storm of media speculation about your private life. You later said: "I accepted their decision. But it doesn't mean to say I agreed with it and I never will."

You undermined Capello during England's miserable World Cup campaign with that ludicrous 'mutiny' press conference, yet the following year the Italian made you captain again. He said you had been punished long enough. That surprised those of us who thought you lost the armband not as a 'punishment', but because you had shown yourself to be an unsuitable captain.

In February you lost the captaincy again after police charged you over the Anton Ferdinand incident.

That was not the end of you - it was the end of Capello, who refused to accept the FA's decision. It was also the end of Rio Ferdinand.

The new manager, Roy Hodgson, also showed faith, taking you to Euro 2012 when many deemed you a spent force and an unnecessary distraction in the England set-up. You rewarded Hodgson by playing superbly in Ukraine.

This may be why, for much of your career, you appeared to be made of teflon. For all your failings, you were very good at football. And it is unrealistic to heap intense pressure for results on England managers, then expect them to take a principled stand by leaving out their best defender.

It has often been said that the mud has never stuck to you. But look at the papers today. Look at the reaction of the fans. You were one of the longest-serving England captains. You served your country with distinction for a decade. And yet few mourn your departure, even though it makes our team worse.

To many, you became an awkward embarrassment. A reason to temper our support of the national team. How we would have cringed to see you with lift the European Championship trophy just days before going on trial (luckily, that was never a realistic option). Now you have gone, it is hard to feel anything but relief.

You still have Chelsea. There, the fans hold you in almost universally high esteem. The club has backed you throughout the Ferdinand saga. The fans chant your name with pride and enthusiasm. At Stamford Bridge, there will only ever be one England captain.

They didn't even mind when you got sent off in a Champions League semi-final. They didn't care that you brazenly told a pitch-side reporter you did nothing wrong, in clear contradiction of the video replays. They didn't even mind, when the rest of the team miraculously won the Champions League without you, that you got into your kit, smeared grass stains on your knees and lifted the cup. Who needs dignity when you've got silverware?

Sadly, John, your England career ends with neither.

Edited by Sonatine

Deluded, mental, stupid - think of any word like this times it by a million and you're no where near what a doilum this bloke is....... http://news.williamh...-tune-of-44000/

:lol:

Howay, this needs the touch of "Stevie; the man of a thousand voices"

by the by, where'd he get the £44k from? You feel for his legion of mewling wastrels that've gone without traccccccky B's, Macccccccy D's and pregnancy tests for the past four years so he could save up the wedge.

Thats astonishing. Thats the first time theyve gone into print and dared to criticise Eddie Mitchell and his Russian money laundering mate. Thats a banning for the only local paper from the ground, which may be either an inspired piece of attention grabbing from the Echo or suicide for their circualrion figures as their football coverage is about the only reason to buy the fuckin thing :lol:

Bournemouth have always been somebody's cash cow, haven't they Harry?

ourarry.jpg

Has everyone heard the crack about Kean getting sacked last night but turning up to training this morning? :lol: A man so positive, he tries to see the upside of losing his job by simply continuing to do it.

:lol:

A move right out of the George Costanza playbook. Stevie will he hoping we get him lined up to replace pardiola.

Ffffuuuu

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/vukcevic-critical-horror-car-crash-144224562.html

Vukcevic in 'induced coma' after horror car crash

Hoffenheim midfielder Boris Vukcevic is in an 'induced coma' in hospital after his car collided with a truck in Germany.

I was watching him and Hoffenheim just the other day on ESPN.

Mark Hughes given vote of confidence by QPR board.

So he'll not be there at the end of the season then.

No doubt chums in the media will demand that he's given time and such, but honestly, he's a worse manager than Allardyce.

Anyone ever daydream about how people would chant your name if you were a top class footballer?

I worry mine would be really dull, like Shearer's :(

Anyone ever daydream about how people would chant your name if you were a top class footballer?

I worry mine would be really dull, like Shearer's :(

I did do when I was younger :lol:

Now I dream about racing the Tour of Flanders or Paris-Roubaix :blush2: