Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First proper test of Arsenals title credentials on Sunday.

Moyes needs to start beating some top half opposition.

Would love Arsenal to wipe the floor with them.

I think they have well and truly established their credentials, its a big test as you say but anyone still dismissing Arsenal's chances of the title are being harsh.

I think they have well and truly established their credentials, its a big test as you say but anyone still dismissing Arsenal's chances of the title are being harsh.

The MOTD folk continue to insist they haven't got it in them, which does strike me as odd when they are playing so well and have the most experienced manager in the league and none of their competitors have a manager more than a season into the job.

They're probably just unwilling to admit they went way OTT after the first game of the season when Villa whooped them.

I've had them as my pick since before a ball was kicked. Thought the naysayers could argue against the easy start, but would have to admit they look like contenders after this weekend if they add a Man U away scalp to the Liverpool and Spurs home ones they have.

Any team that can beat Dortmund away have to be taken seriously. They may have had an easier start but they have made use of it whilst the other contenders (Chelsea, Citeh and Manure) have stuttered. I still fancy Chelsea, especially if they add to their striking options in January, but I think Arsenal have to be considered at this stage.

absolutely buzzing rigjt now.' my local just won its 1irst ever home match in the playoff. qnd it was agaimst the scum up north.. my voice is wrecked my daughter will have a story tp tell for years tocome no more whiskey for me tonight time to opem meself a bottle of porter and try to ro.l a honey dipped blunt. we shipped 5 goals passed those bastards Kings of Cascadia indeed we are. Portland we love you so and wherever you go we will follow uuf where is my tunes?

:D Football, there.

Aye I'd like to see Arsenal batter them like. I keep hearing people dismissing Arsenal as "they always fall apart" which is odd as wenger has already won the prem multiple times. They have a genuinely good side especially with ozil in there and Giroud looking a real handful every game.

BT Sport have won the exclusive rights to show CL football from 2015. There's soon going to be zero live football on terrestrial TV.

Would be a shame if ITVs coverage wasn't dogshit

BT Sport have won the exclusive rights to show CL football from 2015. There's soon going to be zero live football on terrestrial TV.

And by extension, no Adrian Chiles. Every cloud...

Almost £3m per game? Wines!!!

I expect another ITV digital tbh...at the the moment they don't charge if you've got their broadband service to watch online, so I expect that to change but if you're watching online whats to stop you watching on a stream?...

BT made about £2bn profit last year.

If anything, expect another Sky...

Yep, fair one. I think they'll lose money on every game they broadcast though by not selling enough advertising. England's top division had over 100 years to establish it's "brand". European football doesn't have the same appeal to your average punter iyam and I think they've paid over the odds for a product theres relatively little market for. So they'll be propping up the BT sport deals with the profits from the rest of the business....be interesting to see how long they go on with that.

BSkyB also points out that European football represents only around 3% of viewing on its channels, compared with around 18% for the Premier League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/24882293