Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was it that invaded the pitch at Darlington on his first ever match? :lol:

I loaned my ticket to a yank mate once. Man United. Think we got beat 2-1, and Kluivert scored a goal that was ruled offside. Except this yank (Howie ffs) didn't have any concept of an offside rule, so was up giving it "Wooooooo! HOT DAMN! Fuck YOU Maaaanchesterrr! FUCKIN-A!" until the little fat bloke next to him pulled him back into his seat.

That was me! First Newcastle match was

The friendly at Darlo, had a run on during the invasion and on my way to greet Cabaye and say "this is my first Newcastle match too", I slipped on the grass and slide tackled a fellow supporter. Luckily he didn't smash my face in.

Then a few weeks later I saw Joey Barton get Gervinho sent off.

That was me! First Newcastle match was

The friendly at Darlo, had a run on during the invasion and on my way to greet Cabaye and say "this is my first Newcastle match too", I slipped on the grass and slide tackled a fellow supporter. Luckily he didn't smash my face in.

Then a few weeks later I saw Joey Barton get Gervinho sent off.

:lol: Well played sir.

Was at both those games you mentioned and remember them (fairly) well baring in mind I was drinking at the beer bars by then. :lol: Haven't a clue what the editor of that Blackburn game did to the sound as the Speedie chants went on for ages and were very loud at the time. I agree about the Derby match, probably the best support I've seen in such adversity, proudest I've ever been to be a Newcastle Utd supporter, quite simply, and I may get some stick about this, some of our younger support who think they're a bit zany could do worse than study their younger counterparts from twenty plus years ago because they couldn't hold a candle to them in my opinion. Steve Sutton was the Derby keeper I think and I think he spent more time watching the stand behind him than he did the pitch in front of him and applauded our fans at the end, not his. David Kelly threw his shirt to the crowd and looked genuinely devastated that this support and this club was very much looking like going down to the third division and possible oblivion, he's right up there with my all time NUFC greats for his extremely important goals and superb attitude when real men were needed at the club. (His goal against Pompey, man, if you weren't there then it's hard to put into words what the emotion was like for the vast majority of the crowd, no half disinterested fans that day).

By the way Stevie, pretty sure that Coddington was from Grimsby. :razz:

And the other side of the coin under sweaty top lip Smith, (including that depressing 0-3 against Notts County where on a very rare occasion I was in the Leazes end next to the few Notts fans)...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSSqQXbzCOo

Charles Dickens 'Lean Times' was a prelude to this season.

I think I might have mentioned before that I have a sweet memory of Notts Co related to that game - we used to sit in the East Stand near the seated away fans and occasionally a few were seated around us if they had a few up. I think that was the game Stimson was sent off in and though he was shite, the SO was a disgrace and I remember asking an adjacent scab if he felt it was fair. He replied that he didn't give a shit as that was 3 wins in a row for them and they were going up and leaving shit like us behind.

I remembered that conversation fondly when we went there in 94 and put 7 past the cunts in the league cup making them look like fat sunday pub league team - they'd already been relegated from the premier of course.

Don't know if you or njs/hmhm (among others of a certain age) have read this, good crack , from hmhm's end of town...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005GGAOFO/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?keywords=Byker%20Books&qid=1384598843&ref_=sr_1_11&s=digital-text&sr=1-11

Aye read it, canny enough read from memory. :good: