Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football. This will become clear if you listen.

Agreed, I was expecting a near half hour of Geordie football related side splitting mirth.....instead it was 4 vaguely jocular and amiable geezers talking about what we talk about on here, only I could actually hear it. Which is and was fine, but after your disclaimer that some of your pals get paid to tell jokes I was expecting some humour above the level of Sammi Ameobi's "trumpet", fnarr fnarr etc...

Just to defend them a bit; it's very hard to be hilarious. Especially when you're delivering unprepared lines about an often dry subject, through a microphone to no audience.

What do people think though? Good - I'd listen again,

Fine - but not my bag,

Flawed - and here's why

Turboshit - no, seriously it killed joy

Just to defend them a bit; it's very hard to be hilarious. Especially when you're delivering unprepared lines about an often dry subject, through a microphone to no audience.

:good: yeah fair one. But if you want folks to listen again then for me youve got to provide something a bit different, and this was just a bit meh really..

For fuck sake, someone give him some reviews, man. :lol:

They could intoduce a new "top north east football journo's diary" segment, narrated by the author perhaps, for an approprate fee, minus 10% to your agent (i.e. in this case, me :) )

Mackems fizzing at the slit by Craig Bellamy's pre-game bitter comments on NUFC.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/craig-bellamy-sums-the-mags-up.990900/

:lol: They're so fucking desperate to cling on any comments that "justify" their stance, the "I've always loved Bellers me" comments are so fucking pathetic it's untrue. If he opens up and gives them a dose of the 'truth' about their own club next week they'll all be spitting feathers, then again they simply aren't a team that are worth discussing they're irrelevant and have to say things like "it's near Newcastle" when someone asks where they're from when they're on holiday.

I liked Bellamy when he played for us but he is a wanker, his comments smell of someone trying to grab some headlines and it seems to have worked for him.

Always liked Bellamy but he went down in my estimation, not because he spouted bollocks; he's new on tv and retreats to the safety of cliche, but because I thought he understood what Newcastle was actually about. We don't think we're bigger than Liverpool, we just want a hard-working team that entertains us.

To add he was always in the shadow of Shearer and he fucking hated that, even though he played very well. The bitterness is laughable, we were over the moon with the way the club was going and the league position. We just needed to make the step up after that, sacking Bobby fucked that right up. The scum down the road can't say fucking anything worthwhile about it either as when will they ever reach the top four and have a good go in the champions league? They couldn't even dream about it the fucking tramps.

To add he was always in the shadow of Shearer and he fucking hated that, even though he played very well. The bitterness is laughable, we were over the moon with the way the club was going and the league position. We just needed to make the step up after that, sacking Bobby fucked that right up. The scum down the road can't say fucking anything worthwhile about it either as when will they ever reach the top four and have a good go in the champions league? They couldn't even dream about it the fucking tramps.

Aye, his dislike of Shearer may have a bit to do with his comments as well.

Agreed on the mackem point as well, they've barely played in Europe in their entire fucking history let alone the Champions League. Most of us know our place, we're not as big a club as Liverpool, they've won shed loads more but the Mackems are ten rungs behind us the dole wallers.

Aye, his dislike of Shearer may have a bit to do with his comments as well.

Agreed on the mackem point as well, they've barely played in Europe in their entire fucking history let alone the Champions League. Most of us know our place, we're not as big a club as Liverpool, they've won shed loads more but the Mackems are ten rungs behind us the dole wallers.

I'd say you need a longer ladder. ;)

- 3,000 Everton fans

- 2,000 free tickets for the armed forces

38,476 makems in attendance .Do the local tax office still receive free tickets.

Oh and 5,524 pink seats.

Why do you care?

Given that Sunderland have been utterly shit for as long as most of us have been alive that's a decent crowd - especially in the north east which is the most economically neglected area in the country.

As much as they have a comical habit of giving away tickets for nowt it's a good shout to give them to the armed forces IMHO.

Given that Sunderland have been utterly shit for as long as most of us have been alive that's a decent crowd - especially in the north east which is the most economically neglected area in the country.

As much as they have a comical habit of giving away tickets for nowt it's a good shout to give them to the armed forces IMHO.

But who is going to pay for them Tom? Are you?

The people of Sunderland support their team in numbers that few can match in view of their history and economic circumstances. They've been largely unmitigated shit for their entire existance and they still took nearly 3k to Southampton to see them let 8 in. Long may it continue :good:

The people of Sunderland support their team in numbers that few can match in view of their history and economic circumstances. They've been largely unmitigated shit for their entire existance and they still took nearly 3k to Southampton to see them let 8 in. Long may it continue :good:

Then 44k turned up for the next home game, and 2,200 to Palace.

They're a lot of things, but you can't have a go at their loyalty.