Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice piece about the death of the penalty box poacher in the modern game

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/18/modern-strikers-endangered-lukas-podolski-arsenal?CMP=twt_gu

Podolski isn't physical enough to lead the line? Has Amy gooner knickers seen Perez play? :lol:

The article would be more accurate if it said Podolski is too fuckin lazy to lead the line iyam.

I know the vast majority without any doubt are dying to shout "fuck England anyway", but I sincerely hope we don't lose to this shower of shite tonight. Hate them as much as they hate my country. Ginger inbred cunts. It's better being bald. They deservedly beat England in 1999 at Wembley but it's 29 years since they beat us up there, a 4-0 England score would make me happy, hand on heart though we're so shit the potential is there that we might get turned over tonight.

Edited by McFaul

I know the vast majority without any doubt are dying to shout "fuck England anyway", but I sincerely hope we don't lose to this shower of shite tonight. Hate them as much as they hate my country. Ginger inbred cunts. It's better being bald. They deservedly beat England in 1999 at Wembley but it's 29 years since they beat us up there, a 4-0 England score would make me happy, hand on heart though we're so shit the potential is there that we might get turned over tonight.

You should get over that really.

200.gif

Podolski isn't physical enough to lead the line? Has Amy gooner knickers seen Perez play? :lol:

The article would be more accurate if it said Podolski is too fuckin lazy to lead the line iyam.

She said he isn't in Wenger's opinion though.

I've always wondered what your average Germans opinion on the wars is? Most people will have grandparents who either joined the nazi's or did nowt to stop it. Are they embarrassed, is it something that's never talked about it or are there still old folks who can't see the problem with it all?

I've always wondered what your average Germans opinion on the wars is? Most people will have grandparents who either joined the nazi's or did nowt to stop it. Are they embarrassed, is it something that's never talked about it or are there still old folks who can't see the problem with it all?

At one level there's always been huge awareness and sensitivity about it - even waving the German flag was seen as excessively nationalistic until this side of the millennium, with the change driven largely by the 2006 World Cup and the football team's recent success generally - but at another level I think a good chunk of the younger generation feel fairly disconnected from it, in the sense of "we know what happened and won't let it happen again but why should we still bear collective guilt for it?" (or, if you prefer, "why are those tattooed neanderthals singing 'Ten German Bombers' at us?"). As for family ties though, yeah, embarrassment doesn't cover it really. I suppose for those who "did nowt to stop it", there's an argument that there was little they really could do as individuals, but it must be awkward if you've got an actual war criminal in your family tree.

Anyway, that's how I'd generally see it - it's become easier for people to talk about the Nazis in a more rational manner as time goes by (rather than simply assuming the burden of guilt and not engaging with why it happened in the first place) as the relics of that era literally die off, but that's accompanied by not wanting their country to only be associated with that era and nothing else.

'If any Englishman tells me he's never called a Chinaman a Chink then he's lying'

:lol:

My dad's not as cosmopolitan or as educated as me and it can be embarrassing you know. He doesn't understand all the new trendy words - like he'll say "poofs" instead of "gays", "birds" instead of "women", "darkies" instead of "coloureds".

My dad's not as cosmopolitan or as educated as me and it can be embarrassing you know. He doesn't understand all the new trendy words - like he'll say "poofs" instead of "gays", "birds" instead of "women", "darkies" instead of "coloureds".

Aye my Dad's been guilty of that, but almost from the other direction; he's so aware of it the sensitivities that'll he search for the correct phrase, but because he's a bit daft he'll get it spectacularly wrong. Every time I mention a gay friend he'll wait till I'm done then tell me about the time he was chatted up by a bloke and responded with "I'm straight, but I'm not narrow". Every time.

Mind, the second time he met my lass they were talking about which permutations of tube lines he was getting back to his hotel and he asserted his way was best with the phrase "Trust me, I'm a gynaecologist... well I'm not but I'll have a look".

Facepalm.gif

a good friend of mine is german and speaks quite candidly about it. tolerance is a big part of today's education over there. but this is an interesting read that echoes some of the points meenzer makes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/10286606/Germany-and-its-Nazi-past-forever-seeking-closure.html

Edited by Dr Gloom

"Coloureds" is as bad as "darkies"...The term now is mixed race I believe. :)

a good friend of mine is german and speaks quite candidly about it. tolerance is a big part of today's education over there. but this is an interesting read that echoes some of the points meenzer makes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/10286606/Germany-and-its-Nazi-past-forever-seeking-closure.html

Frankly it's all hogwash...Just under the surface tolerance they are as ready to go as ever.....The Germanic root race having accepted Christianity very late is still psychosocially with the wald. They are the last forest creatures in europe (perhaps the Norweigans and Finns). For instance putting aside all the guff multiculturalism never really worked here and they secretly hate any non-Germans which comes out after a few pints.

The give away is that they over do everything like Green issues for instance and health food, these are signposts of their deeply derranged natures, whatever they take a shine to they really overdo it....Can't help themselves. Look at the rise of Neo-Nazi's in the East of Germany...It's really organised and not pansies like the Bnp or whatever.

Edited by Park Life