Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I always loved Germany and Germans. Mind that may be because it was a German lady who first let me use the tradesmens entrance.

Indeed the few German friends I've made (and it's been hard work) are flawed but very loveable types.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Coloureds" is as bad as "darkies"...The term now is mixed race I believe. :)

Strangely I'm working with a white South African at the moment who can't understand why coloured is not pc as its seen as being a positive term in SA at least within his lifetime (he's about 30).

Strangely I'm working with a white South African at the moment who can't understand why coloured is not pc as its seen as being a positive term in SA at least within his lifetime (he's about 30).

Think couloureds has that horrible American civil rights tinge to it and went out of favour in the UK in the 80's and 90's. Mixed race doesn't refer directly to colour so is far better. There are more mixed race people in London than in any other city in Europe.

Think couloureds has that horrible American civil rights tinge to it and went out of favour in the UK in the 80's and 90's. Mixed race doesn't refer directly to colour so is far better. There are more mixed race people in London than in any other city in Europe.

You realise that mixed race isn't the same as black?

Parky, why "Mixed Race" for black people? surely they're no more mixed race than a white person is?

Dammit too slow

Edited by The Fish

Black people are black you donkeys. Obama is mixed race as is Tiger Woods. They aren't black - black (Spike Lee, Oprah Winfrey).

For instance althought Depp looks white he is also mixed race as is Keanu Reeves.

In the UK a classic one is Daley Thompson, he's always in the famous 'black people' lists (his mother was white Scottish). Mixed race.

Edited by Park Life

:D

How's Johnny Depp mixed race?

He's said many times that he's partly of native american descent and frankly he doesn't look white-white does he? :)

This mixed race thing is one of the big taboos in Western culture albeit cause many of the famous people are but it isn't talked about much.

Keanu Reeves is part Hawaiian (who are a differnt root race) and he goes on about it so they can't dismiss it.

Edited by Park Life

He's said many times that he's partly of native american descent and frankly he doesn't look white-white does he? :)

This mixed race thing is one of the big taboos in Western culture albeit cause many of the famous people are but it isn't talked about much.

Keanu Reeves is part Hawaiian (who are a differnt root race) and he goes on about it so they can't dismiss it.

I may be misunderstanding your meaning but aren't we all evolved from the same genetic mutation of the first human?

I'm old school, very old. Still refer to Germans as Krauts, Italians as Wops, French as Frogs, Welsh as Dafodils, Scots as Haggis-heads, Irish as Micks, Mexicans as Beaners, etc etc. Mind you it's always in my mind and rarely spoken.

In old South Africa, Blacks were blacks, and Indians etc were coloureds.

I didn't know I was Caucasion until I arrived in America, thought I was white.

I'm old school, very old. Still refer to Germans as Krauts, Italians as Wops, French as Frogs, Welsh as Dafodils, Scots as Haggis-heads, Irish as Micks, Mexicans as Beaners, etc etc. Mind you it's always in my mind and rarely spoken.

In old South Africa, Blacks were blacks, and Indians etc were coloureds.

I didn't know I was Caucasion until I arrived in America, thought I was white.

Hang on, you're white???

guy-opening-door.gif

I may be misunderstanding your meaning but aren't we all evolved from the same genetic mutation of the first human?

Those islands were cut off from the mainstream human race aggregates for a long time.