Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Well whenever i end up lining up for my club vs newcastle (which is the standard of you vs InvernessCT) i'll cross that bridge when i come to it :)

but it's nice to see that you've now adopted the your league is shit, doesn't matter and a piece of piss for any team > pub/club standard stance we've been trying to drum into you

horray :D

Generalising again dear bhoy. I never came on here with the attitude the spl was good, i even posted as much. I know we cannot compete with the english league, but not because England produces much greater talent than Scotland, more that it can afford to buy in the best foreign talent.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generalising again dear bhoy. I never came on here with the attitude the spl was good, i even posted as much. I know we cannot compete with the english league, but not because England produces much greater talent than Scotland, more that it can afford to buy in the best foreign talent.

It does still produce better talent though :lol:

Official axed for ticket comment to Lescott

January 15, 2013

The assistant referee who was caught on camera telling Joleon Lescott to thank Manchester City fans at the Emirates Stadium has been axed from Tuesday's FA Cup third-round replay between West Bromwich Albion and Queens Park Rangers.

John Brooks was seen on television after the final whistle of City's 2-0 away win at Arsenal on Sunday urging Lescott to go over and acknowledge the travelling supporters.

Referring to the row over high ticket prices which saw the Premier League champions return 912 tickets - almost a third of their 3,000-seat allocation - Brooks told Lescott: "They've paid 62 quid over there, go and see them".

Brooks' comments were picked up by a camera on the pitch and subsequently attracted plenty of attention.

However, The Independent reports that Professional Game Match Officials Limited, the body which controls the assigning of officials for matches, was displeased by one of its staff members getting involved in such a matter, and has removed him from duty for Tuesday night's match at the Hawthorns.

Brooks has been replaced by Dave Bryan, who will be part of the matchday team of officials along with other assistant Darren Cann, fourth official Martin Atkinson and referee Neil Swarbrick.

I watched ESPN's French football highlights last night and a 17 year old striker called Corentin Jean caught my eye.

Plays for Troyes and despite snatching at a number of chances, he looked an awesome prospect.

Get watching Mr Carr.

You heard it here first.

It's hard to gague things like luck over a 38games. Especially when you're only seeing one team consistently.

You could argue that we made our own luck with good organisation and defensive solidity. We also had the fortune of Chelsea and Liverpool in a bit of crisis.

You'd think a 38game season would balance these things out.

Anyway, probably not much that regular watchers of us last season wouldn't have noted. We played to our absolute maximum and had no huge injury problems.

It does still produce better talent though :lol:

Not prone to defending Old Firm chunts who are the scourge of Scotland for not supporting their local teams,but I would expect England to have better players since it's 10 times the population(probably about 15 times if all the non census fillers and illegals were counted). :unsure2:

The last 20 years Scottish football has went downhill rapidly which has many causes-one of which is the rise of the Premiership and the money it engenders.

Prior to the Premiership,Scottish clubs like Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen etc could compete wages wise with your Stoke's,Derby's and Fulhams.Now our SPL clubs can't-in the main-compete with League 1 clubs and further down,clubs like mine in The First struggle against Conference wages.

The only good thing I can see is that the lack of finance is making our clubs field more kids rather than the likes of Kilmarnock or Motherwell etc paying 6-8k a week on wages as they did 10 or so years ago to foreign mediocre mercenaries.

The downside is the fitba is too dear.A few weeks ago,I was on the way to Livingston to see the Accies(I rarely go now as like many others I've fallen out of love with our fitba for a variety of reasons...................was previously a season ticket holder for nearly 30 years)as it was a fiver admission and got talking to 2 guys I know on the train on their way to Hibs V Celtic.That game was £28 a ticket............no wonder our fitba's fcuked.

Competition from the Premiership,1 or what used to be a 2 horse race,lack of play offs from the First Division,expensive admission and declining standards allied to the buffoons in charge have led to what we have now.

FWIW,I feel only summer football and the right reconstruction can save our football.This 12-12-18 crap could well be the death knell of our game.Time will tell.

http://englishfootba...d-to-newcastle/

One for Happy Face. Stats based work on us this and last season that I think you'd appreciate.

Great read. Thanks.

Was just about to post that. Pretty interesting. Did we really overachieve to that extent?

Wasn't it clear just watching the games, without the stats to back it up?

It's hard to gague things like luck over a 38games. Especially when you're only seeing one team consistently.

You could argue that we made our own luck with good organisation and defensive solidity. We also had the fortune of Chelsea and Liverpool in a bit of crisis.

You'd think a 38game season would balance these things out.

Anyway, probably not much that regular watchers of us last season wouldn't have noted. We played to our absolute maximum and had no huge injury problems.

We weren't even that well organised. We conceded shedloads in more than a few games.

Generally, over a 38 game season these things do even out. But what you have to think about is how many 38 game streaks are played around the world. Every season there are 92 in England alone. there are hundreds of 38 game streaks in the top leagues in Europe. Thousands of them around the world...in a single year. Over...say....a decade, of the tens of thousands of 38 game streaks played by teams, it's a statistical certainty that at least one sequence of 38 games will generate more points than should be expected. Toss a coin 10 times you would expect it to even out to about 5/5. Repeat the test 100 times you'd expect overall the average to even out to 5/5...but you would get some 7/3s or 8/2s. Do it tens of thousands of times and you would perhaps see a 9/1 or a 10/0.

The notion that "it evens itself out over a season" is a fallacy. It can do. but not necessarily.

Only four teams allowed more big chances than us, which would suggest that it was more down to the fact that Krul had a brilliant season than defensive solidity.

Lies, damn lies and statistics...

The stats back up the facts here though....the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the statistics.

:D

"The support of the home team is amazing.

In Italy, Latin people will support you when they are playing and when you lose, they kill you.

"In England, I'm always surprised that people always support everything and that is nice.

Not prone to defending Old Firm chunts who are the scourge of Scotland for not supporting their local teams,but I would expect England to have better players since it's 10 times the population(probably about 15 times if all the non census fillers and illegals were counted). :unsure2:

The last 20 years Scottish football has went downhill rapidly which has many causes-one of which is the rise of the Premiership and the money it engenders.

Prior to the Premiership,Scottish clubs like Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen etc could compete wages wise with your Stoke's,Derby's and Fulhams.Now our SPL clubs can't-in the main-compete with League 1 clubs and further down,clubs like mine in The First struggle against Conference wages.

The only good thing I can see is that the lack of finance is making our clubs field more kids rather than the likes of Kilmarnock or Motherwell etc paying 6-8k a week on wages as they did 10 or so years ago to foreign mediocre mercenaries.

The downside is the fitba is too dear.A few weeks ago,I was on the way to Livingston to see the Accies(I rarely go now as like many others I've fallen out of love with our fitba for a variety of reasons...................was previously a season ticket holder for nearly 30 years)as it was a fiver admission and got talking to 2 guys I know on the train on their way to Hibs V Celtic.That game was £28 a ticket............no wonder our fitba's fcuked.

Competition from the Premiership,1 or what used to be a 2 horse race,lack of play offs from the First Division,expensive admission and declining standards allied to the buffoons in charge have led to what we have now.

FWIW,I feel only summer football and the right reconstruction can save our football.This 12-12-18 crap could well be the death knell of our game.Time will tell.

If you look at Scotland though they produced some of the best players in the world two generations ago. Kenny Dalglish, Denis Law, Jimmy Johnstone, Hughie Gallagher going back further. I mean had Scotland got to the World Cup in 1966, who is to say they couldn't have won it. The Lisbon Lions were all Scottish and they became European champions the next year. I think the problem with Scotland now, is it is a country of extremes. Their are parts of Glasgow where the life expectancy is 49. Go anywhere in Europe and you won't find more fat people than in parts of Scotland. Drugs are a major part of Scottish life, while lets be honest there's more alkees in Scotland per head than anywhere else in the world. Everything is done to extremes. Heroin, alcohol, fatty foods etc...kids have become lazy, and from being a conveyor belt of world class talent, you have a country who pull themselves when some who can trap a ball at 17 comes to the fore. How many times have you heard Charlie Miller is going to be a world class talent, or young John Fleck is? Loads. Scotland will never produce top players until kids there start living healthy lifestyles.

If you look at Scotland though they produced some of the best players in the world two generations ago. Kenny Dalglish, Denis Law, Jimmy Johnstone, Hughie Gallagher going back further. I mean had Scotland got to the World Cup in 1966, who is to say they couldn't have won it. The Lisbon Lions were all Scottish and they became European champions the next year. I think the problem with Scotland now, is it is a country of extremes. Their are parts of Glasgow where the life expectancy is 49. Go anywhere in Europe and you won't find more fat people than in parts of Scotland. Drugs are a major part of Scottish life, while lets be honest there's more alkees in Scotland per head than anywhere else in the world. Everything is done to extremes. Heroin, alcohol, fatty foods etc...kids have become lazy, and from being a conveyor belt of world class talent, you have a country who pull themselves when some who can trap a ball at 17 comes to the fore. How many times have you heard Charlie Miller is going to be a world class talent, or young John Fleck is? Loads. Scotland will never produce top players until kids there start living healthy lifestyles.

Your complete lack of knowledge in pretty much every area outside of Newcastle combined with an ability to jump to a conclusion due to uninhibited generalisation is a joy to see. I think I should just shoot my kids as living in Scotland will mean they will have a life of unparalleled misery.

Great read. Thanks.

Wasn't it clear just watching the games, without the stats to back it up?

We weren't even that well organised. We conceded shedloads in more than a few games.

Generally, over a 38 game season these things do even out. But what you have to think about is how many 38 game streaks are played around the world. Every season there are 92 in England alone. there are hundreds of 38 game streaks in the top leagues in Europe. Thousands of them around the world...in a single year. Over...say....a decade, of the tens of thousands of 38 game streaks played by teams, it's a statistical certainty that at least one sequence of 38 games will generate more points than should be expected. Toss a coin 10 times you would expect it to even out to about 5/5. Repeat the test 100 times you'd expect overall the average to even out to 5/5...but you would get some 7/3s or 8/2s. Do it tens of thousands of times and you would perhaps see a 9/1 or a 10/0.

The notion that "it evens itself out over a season" is a fallacy. It can do. but not necessarily.

The stats back up the facts here though....the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the statistics.

I did think we were organised quite well. But we were a complete shambles in a few games(away to Wigan & Spurs for starters). IThe article briefly touches on Cisse's screamer against Chelsea as something that doesn't exactly conform/fit in with the chances created stat. We had a load of absolutely fabulous goals last season though. Raylors volley against Everton standing out along with HBA's Bolton solo goal. Very little like that this year.

Your complete lack of knowledge in pretty much every area outside of Newcastle combined with an ability to jump to a conclusion due to uninhibited generalisation is a joy to see. I think I should just shoot my kids as living in Scotland will mean they will have a life of unparalleled misery.

Cut my post to pieces with facts you cheeky cunt. Scottish lifestyles (particularly in the West of Scotland) are acknowledged as being the least healthy in Western Europe. Please contradict it with factual things rather than with the tones of a depressed 50 something chump living in Edinburgh. I've got family all over Scotland as it goes. Eyemouth, Pitlochry, Stirling, Kilmarnock etc.... Do you think the fact kids are no longer playing football on the streets like they used to as much, and live in a country acknowledged for having a huge section of the population who lead lifestyles to the extremes collectively not seen elsewhere, has no effect on the amount of talent they can produce? Only an idiot would deny that is one of the fundamental problems.

Cut my post to pieces with facts you cheeky cunt. Scottish lifestyles (particularly in the West of Scotland) are acknowledged as being the least healthy in Western Europe. Please contradict it with factual things rather than with the tones of a depressed 50 something chump living in Edinburgh. I've got family all over Scotland as it goes. Eyemouth, Pitlochry, Stirling, Kilmarnock etc.... Do you think the fact kids are no longer playing football on the streets like they used to as much, and live in a country acknowledged for having a huge section of the population who lead lifestyles to the extremes collectively not seen elsewhere, has no effect on the amount of talent they can produce? Only an idiot would deny that is one of the fundamental problems.

The average life expectancy in Glasgow is 71 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15368400.

Newcastle has a higher obesity rank than Glasgow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_Kingdom#Statistics.

The level of football skill comes and goes in cycles all over the world Scotland has a very low population coupled with the best teams over many years playing very few scots and the detrimental effect of poor coaching and scouting means that Scotland currently has a paucity of talent.

The average life expectancy in Glasgow is 71 http://www.bbc.co.uk...-west-15368400.

Newcastle has a higher obesity rank than Glasgow http://en.wikipedia....dom#Statistics.

The level of football skill comes and goes in cycles all over the world Scotland has a very low population coupled with the best teams over many years playing very few scots and the detrimental effect of poor coaching and scouting means that Scotland currently has a paucity of talent.

Mens fitness magazine. My god.

I think this gives you a better representation of health in each city, and utterly vindicates my point.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/oct/20/uk-life-expectancy-estimates

As a bloke you're expected to live 6 years longer if you're a geordie than if you're from Glasgow.

Mens fitness magazine. My god.

I think this gives you a better representation of health in each city, and utterly vindicates my point.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/oct/20/uk-life-expectancy-estimates

As a bloke you're expected to live 6 years longer if you're a geordie than if you're from Glasgow.

It took you long enough to find a report you think backs your wild generalisations but I don't really think that the level of skill in Scottish football can be simply attributed to poor diet which you claim with the flimsiest of evidence. As per usual you shot your mouth off based on half remembered factoids and personal prejudice.