Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOOTBALL

Reading announce they have parted company with manager Brian McDermott.

A short statement on the club's official website says: "Reading Football Club has announced today the departure of Manager Brian McDermott. Owner Anton Zingarevich wishes to place on record his thanks to Brian who had achieved great success with the club since taking over as Manager in December 2009.

"Brian gained promotion to the Barclays Premier League last year for only the second time in the club's history thanks to a remarkable run at the end of last season. However, in our current situation, owner Anton Zingarevich felt that a change was necessary.

The search for a successor will start immediately and it is hoped that a new Manager will be in place as soon as possible to lead the fight against potential relegation."

Was just about to post that!

Feel really sorry for the guy given how he turned the team around and got up to the premiership again but he's been ridiculously out of his depth all season. Very naive tactically, too reluctant to drop players who aren't performing and towards the end of his tenure, his man management was appalling. Quite frankly he should've been given the boot solely for his continual selection of Ian fucking Harte.

Would like to see Adkins come in myself, but there was rumour of Di Canio being spotted at the ground on Saturday. :unsure2:

Definitely not saying that I think he deserved the boot, but when do managers ever get criticised after they've been fired. It's always "it's a shame", "he's a great manager", "He'll be back in a job in no time", "they've made a mistake here".

End of the day Reading have a fairly weak squad and he's been working miracles, given there's no opportunity to strengthen between now and the end of the season, I don't see the benefit in giving him the heave-ho

End of the day Reading have a fairly weak squad and he's been working miracles, given there's no opportunity to strengthen between now and the end of the season, I don't see the benefit in giving him the heave-ho

He deserves a lot of credit for fixing the mess that Brendan Rodgers was making and then winning the Championship, but he should've gone this January. He's just not up to the premiership yet and as with Coppell (who was a very good manager), the season after relegation is crunch time for a club. Best get someone in who can start a project and rebuild a team that needs serious reshuffling.

I won't list the ins and outs of why Reading have been so shit this season, but it really does all boil down to McDermott being out of his depth. Did brilliantly to get to the premiership but he was never going to be able to keep them up. The Villa game saw the fans (albeit the ones that won't watch the team in the championship) get on his back and I think the owner's acted.

Reading are down, but with this group of players it shouldn't have been so inevitable.

70yyrm.jpg

Not the Man U page, or the champions league page, but the BBC football page today, covering all teams and all competitions.

Ridiculous.

Sadly ironic that this is in this thread; to the beeb/sky etc almost everything else is small time blather.

Fellani got subbed on Saturday v Wigan with about 15mins left to a chorus of boos so loud that if it was us doing it at SJP the red top sports journo's wouldve rolled out every tired old cliche about NUFC supporters that has ever entered print. NB: only NUFC fans get criticised in the media for showing any dissent; "they should be grateful to Mike..."

No wonder he didnt fuckin turn up :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

FOOTBALL

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has cut season ticket prices for the next campaign as a thank you to supporters.

He's also marking the 60th anniversary of the club's famous 1953 FA Cup win over Bolton, when football legend Stanley Matthews spurred Blackpool on to success.

Oyston has set the prices for 2013/2014 at £195.30 to mark the year 1953.

More of this please

I knew youd post that :lol:

if your not on the Kop its in excess of 700 quid to watch Liverpool next season....thats a lorra cash....

Joking aside, that's a pisstake. Especially as they've no guarantee of anything yet, so they may very well end the season 7th and out of Europe for another year.

Caerphilly Castle Ladies: 2012/13 results so far

0-5 v Northop Hall

0-18 v Port Talbot Town

0-10 v Wrexham

0-18 v Cardiff Metro University

0-26 v Llandudno Junction

0-36 v Newcastle Emlyn

0-21 v Port Talbot Town

1-14 v Caernarfon Town

0-28 v Aberystwyth Town

0-43 v Cardiff Metro University

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-21749312