Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll try & get the day after off but it's canny busy at work. Asked for time off for Benfica and just got a look that basically ended the conversation. <_<

Carry on Cabaye: Newcastle chief Mike Ashley will reject ALL offers for favourite player Yohan

22 Mar 2013 22:30

French string-puller is also set to be named Toon captain if Fabricio Coloccini leaves in the summer PLUS Massadio Haidara knee-scan latest

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley will refuse to sell France playmaker Yohan Cabaye at any price.

Ashley warded off interest in several stars last summer by quoting an automatic £25million transfer fee for all of his players – including regular sub James Perch!

And he will do the same in the coming off-season with midfielder Cabaye, who is Ashley’s favourite Toon player, the man who makes the side tick and who will become skipper if Fabricio­ Coloccini leaves this summer. Argentina defender Coloccini has spent the last few weeks at home with a back injury, but should be fit after Easter. He wants to join San Lorenzo in his homeland, and the Magpies could waive a transfer fee to save his £3m-a-year salary.

Meanwhile, it has been confirmed full-back Massadio Haidara has escaped a serious knee injury after THAT horror clash with Wigan's Callum McManaman on Sunday. In a statement, Newcastle said: “Massadio has very fortunately escaped any significant bone or ligament damage following the dangerous tackle by Wigan Athletic’s Callum McManaman on Sunday.

“We are very pleased that the extent of his injury is less severe than first feared and is limited to bruising to the bone and soft tissue damage.

“Depending on the speed of his recovery he should be fit to play again in early April.

“Massadio will continue to be assessed over the coming days.

“He has been very lucky that he has not suffered more serious injury and this positive diagnosis in no way lessens the club’s views with regard to the severity of the tackle from which it resulted.”

Ashley warded off interest in several stars last summer by quoting an automatic £25million transfer fee for all of his players – including regular sub James Perch!

£25million ... James Perch!

Never thought I'd see those two in a sentence together :lol:

#BHAFC 67% wages to turnover ratio lower than many in Championship: Bristol City 157%, Leicester 130%, #Boro 119%, Forest 119%, Cardiff 103%

Swiss ramble tweet about wages/turnover.

Of course some loons think spending like mad is ambitious & how you win trophies.

Of course some loons think spending like mad is ambitious & how you win trophies.

Right, well I'm not fucking going on Twitter for a few days now, am I?!

Nice segment now on Football Focus with Edgar Davids. Think it's fantastic how a lot of the top Dutch stars of the last generation seem to start out by earning their stripes when it comes to coaching credentials. Something some of our own could learn a lot from. :up:

Too many egos over here I suppose. Our old pros are too afraid to just give it a crack. Shearer seemed to want the world laid out before him to take the Cardiff job....

Too many egos over here I suppose. Our old pros are too afraid to just give it a crack. Shearer seemed to want the world laid out before him to take the Cardiff job....

The Dutch aren't traditionally short on them mind.

The wages players get at all levels over here is pretty scandalous like, no wonder so many teams are in financial trouble. Wish they'd enforced FFP a bit tougher, so teams couldn't compete if their wage levels weren't say around 60% of turnover. Sadly with the new tv deal wages are just likely to increase instead of the money being invested in youth facilities and community projects.

Yeah it's doing nothing for competitiveness. I don't mind when a player grows & earns a pay rise but when it's simply Club A having more money than Club B it canny be pretty annoying. Nasri is on over £200k at Man City and he's done fuck all for a long while, he's got no fight.

We need a system which will make the league competitive & boost the national team. Have the obligatory Youth Training centres like in Germany or relegate teams. Have 6+5 and safe standing with a pint on the terrace.

At the moment English football is turning into a nightmare, pay your money, sit down & shut up basically.