Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Well why get worked up about it? I've followed most major European leagues, I particularly like the Bundesliga - everything about it but it doesn't mean I should kick off or get angry about casual football fans.

Apologies for kicking off. I really lost it there.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think "canny bit" is an exaggeration he cost them £2.5m after bayern had sent him to dortmund on loan for a year, he was at bayern since he was a bairn, played there from when he was like 8yr old right through there youth academy.

people can whinge about bayern spending money and buying up talent, but they seem to forget how many of their squad came through the youth setup,

Lahm arguably the worlds best fullback, alaba, muller, kroos , can,badstuber, schweinsteiger, tons of talent like who do get on for their current squad.

reus man, reus

ahhhhh fair enough, aye they paid like 15m for him (don't think he was ever at munich mind thought he was taken from the munchengladbach (sp) )

Whoops my bad too got him all mixed up. Yup he came from Munchengladbach.

Anybody know what the consensus in Germany is about the job that Low has done with the national team? Are there now expectations with the squad that he's got that they should no longer be nearly mean under him and now be winning things? I know that it's as young core they've got but it's not as if they're an inexperienced bunch they've all got banks of experience at the very top level in them now.

Anybody know what the consensus in Germany is about the job that Low has done with the national team? Are there now expectations with the squad that he's got that they should no longer be nearly mean under him and now be winning things? I know that it's as young core they've got but it's not as if they're an inexperienced bunch they've all got banks of experience at the very top level in them now.

The semi-final exit at Euro 2012 was certainly seen as a disappointment, although whether they'd have been any better positioned than Italy to deal with Spain in the final is a matter of contention. Löw's current contract runs until 2014 and if Germany aren't (at least) the best-performing European team in Brazil next year then I'd be surprised if it gets renewed. But yes, on the whole there's a feeling that it's time for the current crop to prove themselves - it's getting on for two decades since they won a major tournament, after all (the poor dears). :D

Mike phelan and Eric Steele released by Man U following moyes departure, we don't need a goalkeeping coach but phelan would probably be an asset for us behind the scenes

Mike phelan and Eric Steele released by Man U following moyes departure, we don't need a goalkeeping coach but phelan would probably be an asset for us behind the scenes

I think he wants to go and be a manager somewhere. Plus he'll probably be on more than Pardew. :lol:

He didn't last too long.

I wouldn't fancy having Phelan at all. Don't think Brian Kidd did so well leaving Man Utd from memory, Phelan would've been a cones and bibs man being told his duties I'm pretty confident of that as you don't rule the roost like Fergie did for so long without being in total control. Comes across as a bit of a yes man for me and they're ten-a-penny as coaches.

Marky Hughes to take over at Stoke.

Please let them go down next season.

Would seem a strange decision to replace Pulis with Hughes if the former's departure was about the way they play football....

Found this old magazine lying around. Im just fond of this cover, world's greatest player at the time introducing his successor. No ego whatsoever, class act :thumbup:

971118_10151377590176571_816340380_n.jpg

I wonder what he's 'saying' with the hand gesture there ?

It's a bit like a rocker's DEVIL sign or whatever the fuck it is they do .

Is it 'give me a bell sometime - once me thumb's better we'll go out n get a bit tache on' ?

Hard to say really .