Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he been sacked while he's on the telly? :lol:

Looks like it - and just think, it's only a short leap for him to become manager of NUFC and bring Dennis Wise back as well. All this just before Ashley sells the club's ground to redevelopers and let's us go bankrupt, owing him money that he'd probably think well spent if just to upset the people of Newcastle.

Gus Poyet has been fired by Brighton following an investigation by the club

Championship side Brighton have announced that manager Gus Poyet has been sacked with immediate effect.
The club said on Sunday night that they have taken the decision following an investigation by their internal disciplinary panel.
Poyet was told of his sacking by the BBC, for whom he was working as a pundit during their Confederations Cup coverage.
He said: "I think the BBC have a great story forever, because a manager getting the information that he is being released from his employment by the BBC is quite surprising.
"I have had no communication, no texts, no e-mail. I didn't receive anything on my phone, so it is all up to you and the timing.
"The only thing I'm concentrating on is the appeal. I will appeal because it's the right thing to do."
Poyet led Brighton to the play-offs last season but, following their semi-final loss to Crystal Palace, the Uruguayan boss, his assistant manager Mauricio Taricco, and coach Charlie Oatway were all suspended.
Taricco's suspension has subsequently been lifted but Poyet failed to appear at a disciplinary hearing last Monday, although he did attend a re-convened hearing on Thursday.
Brighton have refused to divulge the reasons for the suspensions but, on Sunday night, a day before the players return for the first day of pre-season training, the club released a statement announcing Poyet's dismissal.
It read: "Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion football club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect.
"This followed his suspension, an investigation, and a subsequent formal disciplinary process.

Poyet has the right of appeal
"In line with the club's own procedures, and UK employment law, Mr Poyet now has a right of appeal.
"As such, the club will make no further comment on this matter or recent LMA (League Managers' Association) statements at this time.
"Given the close proximity of the new season, the club will, in conjunction with its board, now seek to appoint an interim manager pending the outcome of a possible appeal.
"The interim manager will oversee the initial weeks of pre-season preparation alongside the club's existing staff."
The LMA have backed Poyet in the dispute and say the charges against him are "unfounded" in their opinion.
---

I'd have him, tbh.

Looks like it - and just think, it's only a short leap for him to become manager of NUFC and bring Dennis Wise back as well. All this just before Ashley sells the club's ground to redevelopers and let's us go bankrupt, owing him money that he'd probably think well spent if just to upset the people of Newcastle.

Spot on apart from the redevlopers bit

Question . Trying to track down a documentary about Italia 90. Not sure if it was a BBC or ITV job . It had a group of lads from Newcastle interviewed by their tent in the 'supporter camp' that was like a prison.

They had a 'Northumberland Street' sign up by their tent. One lad (tall kid dark hair used to go games late 80's-90's) goes ' look at this - even the refugees wad turn tha nose up at this shite' .

Ring any bells ? Anyone know what it was called ?

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Nah definitely not that mate .

(canny watch if you've not seen it btw - made in and with with a healthy North East bias)

Was more a news documentary style thing .

More about the fans (getting shafted and deported)/trouble/how subsequently harshly dealt with.

Might've been a panorama or world in action prog now I think . .

South American Football - Referee beheaded by fans for killing player.
There were absolutely horrific scenes at an amateur football match in Brazil when spectators lynched a referee and put his head on a stake after he had killed a player.

The barely believable incident happened in Maranhao, Brazil, last Sunday.

According to reports in Brazil, referee Otavio Jordao da Silva (20) fatally stabbed footballer Josenir dos Santos Abreu (30) during a heated moment of a match.

Santos Abreu is believed to have argued and then struck the referee after being unhappy with a decision.

It is believed the referee was carrying a knife throughout the match and fatally stabbed the player in retaliation.

Santos Abreu was rushed to hospital but died from injuries on the way.

Outraged by the incident, some spectators then apparently decided to inflict a gruesome revenge on the referee.

According to reports, the referee was tied up, beaten, stoned and quartered. They then put his head on a stake and planted it in the middle of the pitch.

One man, Luiz Moraes de Souza, 27, has been arrested over the incident. He has admitted to assaulting the referee but denied killing the man. Police are searching for two more suspects.

They are currently viewing video footage of the incident filmed by a witness with a mobile phone.

In a statement, the regional delegate of Santa Ines, Valter Costa, who is looking after the case, said: "One crime never justifies another crime. Actions likes this do not collaborate with the legality of state law."