Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like hearing that sort of thing - Cisse has a few similar stories I think - I hope it's genuine rather than some form of point scoring (i.e. ahead of legal proceedings, as you say). I'm sure it is, the world can't be that cynical...

Didnt realise quite a few teams use hybrid pitches (7-14% 3G) - Arsenal, Everton, Manchester City, Liverpool and Swansea

http://www.dessosports.com/sports/football/football-projects/arsenal-fc-emirates-stadium-uk

Villa have had one since the 90's

http://www.dessosports.com/sports/football/football-projects/aston-villa-uk

Edited by Phil

From the same paper, I challenge anyone to get through paragraphs 4-6 without giggling like a schoolboy.

And- why didn't she buy a fucking padlock?

did not see that coming! knew they were in a bit of a bad state (so say the least) but didn't realise this was a possibility. Apparently the meeting only took 10 minutes.

Real shame to see this happen to any club. Bad day for football.

Commentator said at the start of the match something like....

20 penalty points

No stadium

Playing all there home games 34 miles away

And only 200 season tickets sold

Don't get much more fucked than that.

Got to feel for them. For all that and for having a lass that looks like Richard Kiel as an MEP

Commentator said at the start of the match something like....

20 penalty points

No stadium

Playing all there home games 34 miles away

And only 200 season tickets sold

Don't get much more fucked than that.

their

HULL City Tigers will be the new name officially adopted by the club in the Premier League.

Owners Assem and Ehab Allam have confirmed their intention to re-brand Hull City by dropping the 'AFC' and putting the emphasis on 'Tigers'.They said one of the reasons for the change is to give the club a stronger "brand identity" on the international stage.

In an exclusive interview with the Mail, Assem Allam also admitted he would personally prefer the club to be known simply as 'Hull Tigers'.

"Hull City is irrelevant," he said.

"My dislike for the word 'City' is because it is common.

"City is also associated with Leicester, Bristol, Manchester and many other clubs.

"In the commercial world, the shorter the name, the better. The more it can spread quickly.

"It is about identity. City is a lousy identity. Hull City Association Football Club is so long."

BRN1Iv9CIAAAplO.jpg

Foreign wankers with no respect for a club's identity should also be irrelevant. I still don't know how any Cardiff fan could tolerate their change of colours/crest on the whim of another prick with too much to say and who meddles with a communities football club.

From the Guardian's comments page. re a preview article on how LFC might get on this season;

Liver Bird..(related to the sub species the Gooner Bird). Recognized by their bright red plumage, late summer strutting display and distinctive call. ( Arr ey arr ey arr ey). Increasingly, an autumn/winter visitor from Scandanavia, the Far East and the South of England. As with red squirrels, the foreign visitors now seriously outnumber the native north west species. Begins its annual strutting ritual in August which leaves the Liver Bird particularly vulnerable to predators. Particularly the dominant Red Manxus and its traditional enemy, The Blue Kite with whom it shares the same territory. Another sub species, the North Eastern Magpie was once known to share similar characteristics to the Liver Bird but after a disastrous season in 2010, the magpie’s character appears to have undergone a transformation and it now generally keeps it’s pink head buried in the sand and avoids contact with other more aggressive species like the Red Striped Makem.
The Liver Bird is now a protected species and in common with the Puffin, is well loved by the public for its clownish behaviour and eccentric strutting ritual. The Liver Bird nests on the top of tall buildings close to the sea, although unlike another high nesting bird, the jackdaw, it is highly sensitive and wary of silver objects and avoids collecting them

So thats how we're perceived now?.....