Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlikely.

Why?

We finished above Chelsea and were competing with Spurs/Arsenal up until the last game of the season for 3rd/4th place 2 seasons back having spent very little.

We are also currently 6 points off top having only signed a player on loan this summer. One quality striker playing instead of Shola would have made a difference let alone £110m of investment.

Why?

We finished above Chelsea and were competing with Spurs/Arsenal up until the last game of the season for 3rd/4th place 2 seasons back having spent very little.

We are also currently 6 points off top having only signed a player on loan this summer. One quality striker playing instead of Shola would have made a difference let alone £110m of investment.

We are currently 6pts off top. Currently, being the important word. Say we signed 4 £25m players; it's no guarantee we'd challenge for the Europa, let alone Champions League or the Title. Ask yourself seriously, which of our team would get into Man City, or Chelsea? Cabaye? Maybe?

Arsenal are where they are because of nigh on 2 decades of coaching a system and style of play from the kids through to the 1st team.

Liverpool because they've the 2nd best player on the planet going by current form.

We would need, imo;

• 2 or 3 top class defenders (Debucy is quality, Santon can be, Mbiwa may be, but with Colo's departure imminent, we're in trouble again)
  • 2 or 3 more midfielders ( I think Cabaye, Tiote, Anita and Sissoko need support to the standard of players like Leiva, Sandro, etc.)
  • 2 top class strikers (Remy isn't ours, Cisse is bobbins at the minute... we don't have a top half striker at the club)

I don't believe we can get all that with £110m, even if it were assembled I don't think Pardew would get that group challenging for the top spots and all that would happen is Man City and Chelsea would simply throw £200m at the new problem they face.

We are currently 6pts off top. Currently, being the important word. Say we signed 4 £25m players; it's no guarantee we'd challenge for the Europa, let alone Champions League or the Title. Ask yourself seriously, which of our team would get into Man City, or Chelsea? Cabaye? Maybe?

Arsenal are where they are because of nigh on 2 decades of coaching a system and style of play from the kids through to the 1st team.

Liverpool because they've the 2nd best player on the planet going by current form.

We would need, imo;

• 2 or 3 top class defenders (Debucy is quality, Santon can be, Mbiwa may be, but with Colo's departure imminent, we're in trouble again)
  • 2 or 3 more midfielders ( I think Cabaye, Tiote, Anita and Sissoko need support to the standard of players like Leiva, Sandro, etc.)
  • 2 top class strikers (Remy isn't ours, Cisse is bobbins at the minute... we don't have a top half striker at the club)

I don't believe we can get all that with £110m, even if it were assembled I don't think Pardew would get that group challenging for the top spots and all that would happen is Man City and Chelsea would simply throw £200m at the new problem they face.

But with the combined £310 million its a no brainer.

We would need, imo;

We are 5 points behind Man City, 4 behind Chelsea. Stick one competent goal scorer in for the game time Shola has accumulated and do you honestly think we wouldn't have been a few points better off?

We are 5 points behind Man City, 4 behind Chelsea. Stick one competent goal scorer in for the game time Shola has accumulated and do you honestly think we wouldn't have been a few points better off?

We may be a few points better off now, but I don't think we will be by the end of the season, is my point.

To be fair, Souness/Shepherd had blown any transfer money Roeder might've got if my memory serves me. I've got plenty of time for the bloke, served this club well enough as a player, steadied the ship and got Souness's side up to seventh which I doubt the bluffer would've managed that year. Heard Roeder on talksport not too long ago and he can't hide what he feels for Newcastle United.

Yeah I like Roeder too, just thought it was a good comparison, i.e cheap inhouse appointment. Of course, it just got worse after he was sacked. Similar developments at Spurs would serve them right...

Graham Carr with an unlimited budget would be frightening. Sissoko and Gouffran have been standouts this season and the pair of them cost £2.5 million.

Throw Debuchy in and it's £7.5 million. A ridiculous amount considering how much it's changed our team and influenced our performances.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Graham Carr with an unlimited budget would be frightening. Sissoko and Gouffran have been standouts this season and the pair of them cost £2.5 million.

Throw Debuchy in and it's £7.5 million. A ridiculous amount considering how much it's changed our team and influenced our performances.

Yep. I don't think Carr could even spend that much tbh, we'd have about 30 new players :lol:

Why?

I've always liked Bellamy. He's playing for his boyhood club, he's got a decent manager leading the team, but it'll all be for nought because of an owner that doesn't understand football.