Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#7 Arena Pantanal in Cuiaba

Source

Another stadium under construction for the worlds biggest tournament, the Arena Pantanal provides a very British appearance within the Brazilian beauty. A capacity of over 42,000 for a team sitting in the Brazilian 3rd division may seem ridiculous, but they’ll be left with a gem.

Sure, if by "gem" they mean multimillion pound boondoggle.

With each tournament, the fresh depths of idiocy on display from FIFA beggars belief. We mock West Ham for their acquisition of the Olympic stadium, but at least they'll get 30k in there. FFS Cuiaba Arsenal average less than 3,000*

I suppose that when the Amazon is removed and the world becomes a Mad Max-ian future it'll serve a useful venue for the Thunderdome

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/southampton-fume-as-mark-clattenburg-is-cleared-to-work-9038118.html

Does this make Lallana the biggest wanker in football at the moment? I would also like to hear what the whingeing cunt said to the ref.

Not even in the top ten iyam

Bit of a random one here - was passed this over from a mate asking if i could figure out what year this was played in. Having had a grief recap of what i know and a decent stint on google i genuinely can't seem to find anything so far except the possibility of it being the '59 fa cup in which we DID face chelsea on the 19th - however that would only be valid if the match had been postponed due to bad weather?

Anyone with a bit more knowledge on it got any idea when this may have come from?

1545561_593099644258_1946781210_n.jpg

Edited by ToonMarshy

Ok got it - it was 1959. The match was originally scheduled for Jan 10th but couldn't be played and was carried out on Jan 19th instead. We lost 4-1.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/newcastle-united-v-chelsea-19-january-1959-211264/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958%E2%80%9359_FA_Cup

Ah damn it, you got there first. But yes, I think you're right. If you check the Wiki entry for that round it mentions six matches were postponed and that they were originally supposed to be played on the 10th. Seems reasonable to assume ours was one of them.

Edited by Rayvin

In my head I was much more specific and was only thinking of Prem players so here goes. In no particular order.

Cattermole

Rooney

Young

Van Persie

Cole A

Terry

Suarez

Gerrard

Wilshere

And now Lallana.

Ahhh in that case

Terry (everything about him)

A.Cole (Getting Bellamy sent off is chief amongst a litany of crimes)

Suarez (snidey, vicious, diving, racist cheat)

Young (diving cheat)

Charlie Adams (snidey, vicious, cheat)

van Persie (snidey, cheat)

Nasri (snidey, diving, cheat)

Cattermole (a thug, plain and simple)

Ireland (that Range Rover for a fucking start)

Duff (never forget) ;)

(Huth (snidey, vicious cheat) )

Ahhh in that case

Terry (everything about him)

A.Cole (Getting Bellamy sent off is chief amongst a litany of crimes)

Suarez (snidey, vicious, diving, racist cheat)

Young (diving cheat)

Charlie Adams (snidey, vicious, cheat)

van Persie (snidey, cheat)

Nasri (snidey, diving, cheat)

Cattermole (a thug, plain and simple)

Ireland (that Range Rover for a fucking start)

Duff (never forget) ;)

(Huth (snidey, vicious cheat) )

Oh and Stoke

How can Liverpool possibly not top anyone's list of godawful clubs. Is it because Rodgers isn't quite as much of an asshat as usual? Remember Dalglish - the true face of Liverpool Football Club.

I would go

Liverpool

Stoke

Actually, that might be it. I have no strong feelings about any other clubs.