Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be on loads of pubs on the foreign telly, shirley. The one near me showed every Newcastle match last season I think (league games anyway).

Aye same round here, the local had it on and was packed to the rafters.

Anyone know what the ticket applications would be like, say number of tickets per person and whether I might have to get a membership this season again

You have 2 hopes of getting an away ticket without a season ticket

Meanwhile, Pardew has discovered that neither Danny Guthrie or Shane Ferguson are likely to be ready for the start of the new season.

The duo picked up ankle and leg injuries respectively at Darlington on Friday night.

Pardew said: “It’s not particularly great news on either of them.

“It’s looking like neither will be ready for the start of the season.

“Fergie has probably got more chance than Guthrie.

“It’s OK, we can cope, but if we lost another two, then it won’t be OK.

“I wouldn’t say we’re on a knife-edge with injuries, but our squad isn’t particularly big.”

He seems to be all over the place on this one.

Meanwhile, Pardew has discovered that neither Danny Guthrie or Shane Ferguson are likely to be ready for the start of the new season.

The duo picked up ankle and leg injuries respectively at Darlington on Friday night.

Pardew said: “It’s not particularly great news on either of them.

“It’s looking like neither will be ready for the start of the season.

“Fergie has probably got more chance than Guthrie.

“It’s OK, we can cope, but if we lost another two, then it won’t be OK.

“I wouldn’t say we’re on a knife-edge with injuries, but our squad isn’t particularly big.”

He seems to be all over the place on this one.

:lol:

How come the SPL's starting this weekend, I thought they usually start when the CHampionship does?

I know it's woeful football but it should tide is over nicely until the start of the Prem

No idea. To accommodate a winter break mebbies?

Edited by alex

How come the SPL's starting this weekend, I thought they usually start when the CHampionship does?

I know it's woeful football but it should tide is over nicely until the start of the Prem

Has the SPL got a winter break now?

The Premiership should really have some a little break over that time or even cut down the number of games in that time

The Premiership should really have some a little break over that time or even cut down the number of games in that time

Don't know / don't care :lol:

Just guessing tbh.

I think they do have a winter break.

I don't see the PL ever having a break over Christmas, attendances are usually very good over that week iirc.

Don't know / don't care :lol:

Just guessing tbh.

Haha true, not that I'm ower arsed aboot it, it's just good to have a bit footy back on :D

I'm not too fussed about a winter break, and I probably reckon youre right about those games having higher attendances, but i dont see why they have a game on Boxing day and then a game on the 28th, thats just asking to give players injuries, surely the game on the 28th could be moved to a midweek game sometime in the season

There's no need to have it over Christmas though, a few weeks in Jan would do. Given that there are often games called off due to weather conditions it wouldn't be the worst idea.

There's no need to have it over Christmas though, a few weeks in Jan would do. Given that there are often games called off due to weather conditions it wouldn't be the worst idea.

Two weeks or so in Jan wouldn't be a bad idea. Let the PL have a the 3 or so games in a flurry over Christmas and then a break for 2 weeks.

If I hear the word Arsenuww again this week I swear I will kill someone. Arsenuww, Arsenuww, Fabwegas, Arsenuww, Wenger, David Dein, Nasri, Arsenuww, Fabwegas, Arsenuww, The Gannuz. I never had any feelings for Arsenal really you know before I started working in London but everyone supports them, honestly it feels like in London if you added up all of the fans of all of the clubs other than Arsenal it wouldn't equal Arsenal's support. The only problem with this is none of them have a clue, so I came out with it today, "your support is shit full of tarquin mugs who didn't know what football was before Sky". Went down like a lead balloon, "cam back when you've won samink", fuck off, massive clubs don't go 6 years without winning a trophy, they are also rans who won't spend money, I'd rather we won fuck all and have the heart and character our support does than have a million mugs in the same city who know fuck all about football, and have less knowledge of their club than I do. These fans deserve to win FUCK ALL. I'm starting to agree with Danny B, even fucking Tottenham have more passionate, and a profile support than these wanks.

Edited by McFaul