Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Why is it Arsenal won one double and an FA cup between the mid fifties and 86 when George Graham turned up and none of their then fans were whingeing about "won nothing for x years"?

They're entitled to win the square root of fuck all, same as us, unless they earn it. Their sense of entitlement is a mystery to me or anyone else who can remember them boring the shit out of everyone for decades. The media and luvvie types love them because they're manager is a "sophisticated French philosopher blah blah...". So fuckin what?...sure on a good day they're great to watch, but recently "Wengerball" has been exposed as passionless tippy tappy pointlessness as it's stopped being able to overwhelm teams who are a bit physical with them.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say I've met more "Gooners" who know fuck all than any other fan base. Might hate the scousers, but at the very least they're informed.

They've been spoiled on a diet of good football and critical acclaim for their business model. Also, there are a considerable number of foreign fans who, while happy to buy the shirt and attend the home game against Man U, they won't ever go to an away game or have a genuine discussion with opposition fans without descending into the cliché Stevie mentioned.

Not saying they're all post-invincibles, but a staggering number are

Got to say I've met more "Gooners" who know fuck all than any other fan base. Might hate the scousers, but at the very least they're informed.

They've been spoiled on a diet of good football and critical acclaim for their business model. Also, there are a considerable number of foreign fans who, while happy to buy the shirt and attend the home game against Man U, they won't ever go to an away game or have a genuine discussion with opposition fans without descending into the cliché Stevie mentioned.

Not saying they're all post-invincibles, but a staggering number are

Man Utd have 1000000000000 times better fans than Arsenal. They're just so fuckin generic. They'll debate the current side, how they gonna replace their midfield, how they gonna cope without "Cesc", Wenger's economics degree hindering their acquisitions, their insistence on blooding younguns, but when it comes to debating the culture of the club, the support, the history of the club etc....like Newcastle fans do, and fans of all proper clubs do, then you will never ever ever meet a more clueless bunch. I'm sick of fuckin London already, my company 90% support Arsenal literally and they all think they're mint, seriously there's not one with a degree of humility and they fuckin hate it when I mention things about Arsenal they haven't got a clue about. I'm not gonna generalise about all Londoners being the same, but fuck me, the utter arrogance of them beggars belief. They're more than willing to talk about Newcastle, you notice here that Newcastle fans are vaguely respected and we're worthy of being discussed (and its a feat with these arrogant tossers believe me) but this sums it up "I'd love it" "Keegan" "Ashley's done a good job" "Carroll werent wurff firty five million" "you might stay up" "you want your managers aaht wivvin free weeks" if I worked in London full time I would get sacked for common assault. Anyway up in 9 hours for more fun and fucking games.

PaddockLad also raises a good point they won next to fuck all for 30 years, more than any club, Arsenal have benefitted from the modernisation of football, they were no where near as big as Tottenham when I was growing up, the ethnic boom in London coupled with it being accepted for tarquins to be football fans has created this monster of a club, and that's what they are. Fair enough they never murdered anyone Arsenal, but at least Liverpool have some passionate fans even.

i have 2 lads that come down to football on wednesdays that are gooners and they cannot see outside of their emirates wengerfabregasnasri tastic world. it definitely did not make my heart bleed when i told them we took 4 points off them last season.... :lol:

Have lived down in London for over 10 years now and, of the people I know, I find the Arsenal and West Ham fans the most knowledgeable and least blinkered. Of the London teams, the Spurs fans are comfortably the worst which I attribute to the Mackem-like chip on their shoulder.

Have lived down in London for over 10 years now and, of the people I know, I find the Arsenal and West Ham fans the most knowledgeable and least blinkered. Of the London teams, the Spurs fans are comfortably the worst which I attribute to the Mackem-like chip on their shoulder.

Like Hammers on the whole, but I can count the gooners that know anything about anything pre-Wenger on one finger. Spurs have that chip, but at least they can banter beyond the back page headlines of the Star or the Sun.

Stevie, next time you talk to an Arsenuw fahn see what they think of Blackburn. They still must love us since that FA Cup semi-final in 2005.

They won 3-0?

Best one I heard today, "Arsenuww pwobably av the fawf biggest fanbase in the world". 15 years ago our fanbase was bigger than their's.

Disagree Whitehurst, maybe you know more proper Arsenal fans than me, but Ian Wright has it right the vast majority of them are not proper fans.

Stevie, next time you talk to an Arsenuw fahn see what they think of Blackburn. They still must love us since that FA Cup semi-final in 2005.

They won 3-0?

Ah, but we kicked the shit out of them, and ever since then Wenger has branded any Blackburn team as evil thugs with a Moatish streak. So you can wind them up by saying Arsenal have no heart, no passion like that great team of Todd, Mokoena, Savage and Dickov........and so on. Big up those kind of players, and if you bring yourself to praise him, point out Big Sam often had the better of Wenger. Oh, and say Bergkamp is over rated and Shearer was better than Henry (which is of course true).

@nufcfans on twitter. What a bellwhiff.

nufcfans NUFCfans

A stunning brunette has just walked in at work, for an audition and says she was out with 'good friend' Mike Ashley last night. #justsaying

They won 3-0?

Best one I heard today, "Arsenuww pwobably av the fawf biggest fanbase in the world". 15 years ago our fanbase was bigger than their's.

Disagree Whitehurst, maybe you know more proper Arsenal fans than me, but Ian Wright has it right the vast majority of them are not proper fans.

I'm not saying they are entirely representative, just most of the Arsenal fans I know are pretty knowledgeable and pretty realistic about their current standing. The Spurs fans I know are the opposite. I suppose that's by the by though as all team's have their fair share of numpty fans.

Actually, the worst down here are the Liverpool and Man Utd supporters who have absolutely no links with the clubs apart from being glory seeking bastards.

They won 3-0?

I'm not saying they are entirely representative, just most of the Arsenal fans I know are pretty knowledgeable and pretty realistic about their current standing. The Spurs fans I know are the opposite. I suppose that's by the by though as all team's have their fair share of numpty fans.

Actually, the worst down here are the Liverpool and Man Utd supporters who have absolutely no links with the clubs apart from being glory seeking bastards.

I hate the fans who try and justify saying they support a successful team by saying "Aaaahhhh me uncle supports them though"

So friggin what, your dad supports Newcastle and your brother supports Newcastle, youve got another uncle who supports Huddersfield, but you decide to support a team that your Irish uncle supports, when a third of Ireland support Man U, the other Celtic and the other third other teams.

Aye obviously you support Man U because your uncle supports them you glory seeking nerbheed

10 years i lived in London and i'm with Whitehurst. Even the one yid i was mates with was an utter cock when we discussed football. I think its to do with living in the shadow of a bigger club, much like with the mackems.

We're top of the injury table (physioroom.com) before the season's even kicked off.

Whhoooooooooooooo, do we get a trophy?

Lucky we're not paying those high wages!

Yep it's 3 foot high, covered in washing up liquid and made of lead, so whichever player recieves it will drop it on their foot and be out for 4 months.

I don't hate Andy Carroll, but why would I care about your training ground.

Especially now that Ashley's improved it...

Sorry, I have no idea why you would care about our training ground at all, I didn't suggest you would/could. Lots of fans keep an interest in their ex players but obviously you're not one of them.

There are a few men who've improved our training ground this summer, Mike Ashley certainly isn't one of them.

Sorry, I have no idea why you would care about our training ground at all, I didn't suggest you would/could. Lots of fans keep an interest in their ex players but obviously you're not one of them.

There are a few men who've improved our training ground this summer, Mike Ashley certainly isn't one of them.

:mellow: couldn't give a shit about his training to be honest. He's at a new club and good luck to him. I hope he doesn't succeed with you lot, because I find your fans to be amongst the least amiable characters in football, but I hope he's outstanding for England, and dominant for whomever he moves onto next (as long as it's not the mackems). Not bitter about his move, just think you lot are beyond contempt.

:mellow: couldn't give a shit about his training to be honest. He's at a new club and good luck to him. I hope he doesn't succeed with you lot, because I find your fans to be amongst the least amiable characters in football, but I hope he's outstanding for England, and dominant for whomever he moves onto next (as long as it's not the mackems). Not bitter about his move, just think you lot are beyond contempt.

There are many contemptible things about football and it's fans, but thanks, I'd rather be a red and contemptible than a fan of any other club, many of whose fans I just find plain old gobshites.

Love it when I'm proved right. Got the dole through today did you explains your internet access?

Happy to oblige.

Oh the irony of a Newcastle person using the dole as a jibe. Still, if it eases your own feelings of insecurity........

Love it when I'm proved right. Got the dole through today did you explains your internet access?

Happy to oblige.

Oh the irony of a Newcastle person using the dole as a jibe. Still, if it eases your own feelings of insecurity........

:dunno:

cheer up, you won Capital of Culture! :mellow:

Happy to oblige.

:dunno:

cheer up, you won Capital of Culture! :mellow:

It ain't me that needs cheering up, and we were worthy winners, a great year was had by all.