Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Posted this elsewhere, hence the quoting

Surprised you're pining for the days when you sacked your manager every other week. Wasn't exactly a golden age.

I get your point, and I guess it's a good thing that his presence has ensured a pretty stable feel around the club. I also appreciate we've had some good times under him.

But I think we're all fed up of him and Ashley now, the club have no ambition other than to stay in the league (the cynics will say this is because NUFC are now just a Sports Direct marketing tool, hence the stadium being covered in tacky logos) and Pardew seems fine with this. Even the season we finished fifth we had issues with his tactics and he had some excellent in-form players then who perhaps carried the team in the same way Cabaye and Remy have this season. His tactics and starting 11s as of late have been very unimpressive.

People might say we don't have the finances to compete at the top, but a) we've done it (11/12, and first half of this season arguably), and B) the likes of Everton have proved it can be done; with a good manager, a good ethos and attitude throughout the club, a little ambition and some savvyness in the transfer market.

The one problem with removing Pardew is who do you replace him with? You could suggest an ex-player, but because we went down under Shearer Ashley will probably not consider that. You could suggest a novice manager, but Hughton went because the club said he didn't have enough experience (nonsense). We'll never prise a decent manager away from another club and those out of work are either going to want to manager Spurs/Man Utd or they'll be savvy enough to realise they're too good/ambitious for the likes of Newcastle.

tl;dr: fair play to Man Utd.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes getting the sack is horrible news if true. Would have been one of the few things to look forward to next season, him spending 100M on another couple of flops and finishing 6th.

Cant anything good ever happen in football?

I actually quite like David Moyes as a person, if it was for any other team I'd be hoping he turned it around. Hope he gets sacked and goes to someone more palatable, and finishes above them next season. Because they've spent £200mill and been relegated, hopefully.

It's brilliant how easily that club has just fallen over once Ferguson left. Here's hoping that they're gonna be in the relative wilderness for another couple of years, whoever they bring in - an expensive manager that completely flops would set them back even further. I really hope this signals the start of a long spell as also-rans.

It's brilliant how easily that club has just fallen over once Ferguson left. Here's hoping that they're gonna be in the relative wilderness for another couple of years, whoever they bring in - an expensive manager that completely flops would set them back even further. I really hope this signals the start of a long spell as also-rans.

Not sure they can afford to be also rans. If they're not consistently at the top table they'll be sliding off to the soup kitchen. Fingers crossed.

So this

I think so too, although to be fair, they probably never anticipated having to deal with quite such a drop-off in form even post-Fergie. Can't imagine there having been a contingency plan for this.

....which is further grounds for a good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

David Moyes leaves United

Manchester United has announced that David Moyes has left the Club.

The Club would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role.

The biggest gig of his life reduced down to 2 sentences, harsh :lol:

Edited by Sonatine

Heard an American Man U fan on radio 5 this morning saying sacking Moyes would be a bit harsh but they've never plumbed the depths they are at the minute. :lol: Also heard some financial bloke on BBC breakfast claim Man U were just out of the 2nd division when Fergie took over. :lol: Where do they find these fuckers?

Heard an American Man U fan on radio 5 this morning saying sacking Moyes would be a bit harsh but they've never plumbed the depths they are at the minute. :lol: Also heard some financial bloke on BBC breakfast claim Man U were just out of the 2nd division when Fergie took over. :lol: Where do they find these fuckers?

At least they have the excuse of not being professional pundits.

Lee Ryder's latest article is comparing robson's end of 00/01 slump (lost 6 in 16) to Pardew's current slump (lost 12 in 17).

Unbelievable.