Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I'd be happy if McClaren came.Nolan as player-manager would be acceptable.Unfortunately Ashley would have to change his whole outlook on how a/his football was to be run.I cannot see any proven manager accepting that the cups are not a target,nor finishing in a position which would qualify us for the Europa Cup,nor a struggle near the bottom of the league.All managers with no ambition should apply.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy if McClaren came.Nolan as player-manager would be acceptable.Unfortunately Ashley would have to change his whole outlook on how a/his football was to be run.I cannot see any proven manager accepting that the cups are not a target,nor finishing in a position which would qualify us for the Europa Cup,nor a struggle near the bottom of the league.All managers with no ambition should apply.

:lol: wtf

Would be interesting to see how Nolan would get on as a manager as he's been a pretty good captain in the past and seems a natural leader. Not sure we are in the position to take a chance although saying that, when KK was unveiled in 1992 most thought it was a ridiculous appointment and doomed.

I'm sure he's learnt plenty under the tutelage of Allardyce, Kinnear and err... Allardyce.

:lol:

Think it was Shankly who sent a couple of his staff down to an FA course on coaching at somewhere like Lilleshall and when they got back a week later he asked them if they'd memorised their FA training? They said they had and he replied with something along the lines of 'good, now I want you to do the opposite of what they told you.' It might be a myth but sounds canny. Nolan should do the same if he ever fancies a managers job.

Even if I were running the club under the limits on finance and ambition, I'd still have a few options for every position. From Fullback to Physio, Marketing Director to Manager. Just makes sense.

Yanga-Mbiwa starting Centre back tonight for Roma in the Champions League, I'm so glad we got rid of him we're faaaaaar stronger in defence now he has gone. I'm sure he's also devastated. :angry2:

Can't help but think Roma should have signed Mike Williamson instead.

Yanga-Mbiwa starting Centre back tonight for Roma in the Champions League, I'm so glad we got rid of him we're faaaaaar stronger in defence now he has gone. I'm sure he's also devastated. :angry2:

Lo and behold it turns out he was a canny player all along! I wonder if Ashley or Charnley have noticed the profit they've lost by Mbiwa being Pardewed?

MYM has always been confident on the ball and likes to come out of defence with it. Just needed a run of games with a towering CD beside him (to do the heading)..Pardewed and not given enough time to settle into a new league and all that...Then played everywhere but in his favoured position. Interestingly the club put out some propoganda a few weeks back about all the mistakes he made that the IT (video) team highlighted. Mmmm..

Can't help but think Roma should have signed Mike Williamson instead.

:lol: Aye they'll be kicking themselves for that one.

It's mental tbh, the decline of Colocinni and the fact that Williamson and Taylor have very little upside and are both average at best just adds to the craziness in this decision. I hope Pardew gets his walking paper ASAP and the new bloke rates MYM, as honestly with a decent coach he'd be a perfect successor to Colo, CT can fuck off with his "he can't physically hack the league he even said it himself" garbage as well, the bloke is far more athletic, looks taller and is bigger then Colo and he has managed more than fine until recently.

I didn't see the game last night but i saw enough of him in a black and white shirt and he was shit.We signed Maric after watching him play twice against us and he was another shit signing .So now Mbiwa would have been the man to save us from relegation . Bollocks.

:lol:

"I'm going to ignore all evidence that suggests he's a good player, and I have nothing to base this on but my own bias, but I insist he's shit."

You are sounding like makems.One good game and he is a good player.One good game means he had a good game,not that he is a good player.Why not bring up the excuses for him when wearing a black and white shirt.`he wasn't given a chance' Bollocks.he played 37 Premier league games.`He was played out of position'. Aye he was.Because he was shit in his `best' position.He was totally unsuitable for the Premier League.Weak at reading the game.Weak in the tackle.Weak in the air.He may come good at Roma but you cannot deny he was shit for us.Pardew gave him enough games to prove he was good enough in his prefered position so give your heads a shake .

You are sounding like makems.One good game and he is a good player.One good game means he had a good game,not that he is a good player.

:lol: You idiot.

He has been Roma's best defender this season, so much so that they're looking to push through a permanent transfer early incase we see how well he's doing and jack up the price.

You are sounding like makems.One good game and he is a good player.One good game means he had a good game,not that he is a good player.Why not bring up the excuses for him when wearing a black and white shirt.`he wasn't given a chance' Bollocks.he played 37 Premier league games.`He was played out of position'. Aye he was.Because he was shit in his `best' position.He was totally unsuitable for the Premier League.Weak at reading the game.Weak in the tackle.Weak in the air.He may come good at Roma but you cannot deny he was shit for us.Pardew gave him enough games to prove he was good enough in his prefered position so give your heads a shake .

Wahey!

It's not "one good game" though, is it? It's his entire career outside of Pardew's influence. It was clear to everyone that he has potential and it was clear to everyone that he's never in his life been a fullback.

Put it this way; He's playing well as Roma drew with Manchester City in the Champions League a day after we surrendered to Stoke. He looked decent (not man of the match stuff, but not out of place at a higher level).

Everything points to Pardew and Newcastle coaches being unable to get a performance from a good player, rather than him somehow having a career of "one good game"s.

Nah, it isn't just one good game. For a start, Yanga-Mbiwa has been at the heart of a Roma defence who have kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 league games and managed to prevent Manchester City from scoring in open play yesterday. Those who watched the game last night would have noticed how Mapou marshaled the back line, constantly calling instructions to players either side of him, made a game saving tackle late in the second half and generally played well. He came up against Aguero, Dzeko, Silva, Navas, Toure and co without looking out of place. That's including being utterly superb in possession.

And before joining us Mapou captained Montpellier to a surprise league title.

I guess there is more evidence than just one good game, eh?

Edited by beatty

No lads he's definitely right, Williamson, Taylor and Colocinni are all far better than this bloke. After all he has played 37 games, hasn't started all of those mind, but he did play some of them in his favored position. We all also know in the games he played poorly in the rest of the team was fucking stellar as well.

Remember how immense Colocinni and Jose Enrique looked when they first arrived, their first 40 games were astounding. They started basically all of them as well and were never played out of position. We also know Pardew has a proven track record of getting the most out of his players, so all in all the evidence is clear.