Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sixteen months after we became champions of what used to be called division 2, our opponents in the game which saw us reach that summit lie bottom of the entire football league, 4 points adrift with one point from 9 games.Players have been unpaid for months now as takeover plans have failed to come to fruition. And now this morning theyve sacked their manager, one Mr P Reid, formerly of Albainia-on-Wear...sacked for a poor run of results apparently, by (you'll never guess, top man at a crisis hit club) Peter fuckin Ridsdale :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14964634.stm

Peter Reid sacked as manager of Plymouth Argyle

The financially-stricken club are bottom of League Two with one point from nine games and lost 2-0 at Southend on Saturday.

"Peter has had to put up with more in a short period of time than most managers have to put up with in a whole career," acting chairman Peter Ridsdale said.

"Ultimately, whatever the challenges, football is a results business."

Peter inherited an unsustainable wage bill and a club that, with the benefit of hindsight, was in financial meltdown

Reid took over at the beginning of the 2010-11 season before the financial crisis hit.

Plymouth ended up being relegated from League One after being docked 10 points for going into administration. The points total achieved would have been enough to Plymouth to stay up otherwise.

Despite months of talks, the future of the club has still not been resolved.

Earlier this week, Devon-based businessman James Brent was said to be on course to take over the club.

The hotelier had spent the week talking to stakeholders as his Akkeron Group weighed up a bid.

Brent's bid is supported by Argyle's players and fan groups. A rival bid from Gibraltar-based consortium Bishop International is still on the table, but any takeover has failed to materialse.

In the meantime, staff and players had been working for the last nine months more or less unpaid.

REID'S MANAGERIAL CAREERContinue reading the main story

•Manchester City November 1990 - October 1993

•Sunderland March 1995 - October 2002

•Leeds United March 2003 - November 2003

•Coventry City May 2004 - January 2005

•Thailand national team September 2008 - September 2009

•Plymouth Argyle June 2010 - September 2011

Players had threatened to go on strike last month after being asked to forgo their pay.

When the crisis first hit, Reid paid the heating bill out of his own pocket. He also donated his 1986 FA Cup Final loser's medal to be auctioned to help raise money for the club's unpaid staff.

Ridsdale said: "Peter inherited an unsustainable wage bill and a club that, with the benefit of hindsight, was in financial meltdown.

"During the last 15 months, Peter has been the ultimate professional.

"It is crucial that we give ourselves time to attempt to preserve Football League status and therefore it is felt that a change of manager now is the only option.

"Peter leaves with our unreserved thanks for his contribution in helping keep the club alive during this turbulent period and he leaves with our very best wishes for the future."

Ridsdale added that an announcement would be made in the next 24 hours on an interim management team. However, Argyle are expected to look to their senior professionals to manage the side until the club are bought out of adminstration

I don't get this bit. It's factually incorrect.

I thought we did become Champions when we beat Plymouth away (they played "We Are The Champions" at full time iirc). It's badly worded though either way.

Am thinking he was on about 92/93. Stupid me.

For Parky

Hodgson's record as Liverpool manager: P31 W13 D9 L9.

Money spent by Hodgson as Liverpool manager: £20 million

Dalglish's record as Liverpool manager: P30 W15 D6 L9

Money spent by Dalglish as Liverpool manager: £114 million

ok seriously if steven taylor plays for england this will make him more of a risk to injury then were fucked for nufc i cant believe capello only thinks 1 of our players is good enough absolute disgrace. and yet terry isnt that good not lately he hasnt ever since he was in press hes been a joke

Edited by DEADMAN

For Parky

If that's true then :lol::D:lol:<_<

But it's ok as 'The King' is back.

Winger Jonas Gutierrez has insisted his immediate future is at Newcastle, despite interest from Spanish and Italian clubs.

“I always say you never close the door, because football is like that," he said. "But all I can say is that I am happy.”

Fellow Argentine Fabricio Coloccini was handed a personalised­ parking space at the training ground this week, labelled ‘Captain’.

Gutierrez joked: “I’m coming in early tomorrow to park my car in that bay. It will be mine!”

:lol:

For Parky

:nufc:

You couldnt make it up if you tried

A Prostitute chief executive anyone?

"Striking up a friendship with bla bla aged 45"

Hmm yes, a friendship you say...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15079022.stm

Mansfield Town's new chief executive Carolyn Still is to marry the club's owner John Radford.

Still, 29, took up her role earlier this month, insisting her appointment was genuine amid speculation she was in a relationship with chairman Radford.

Radford, 45, and Still have refused to comment on their relationship but a club spokesman told BBC Radio Nottingham they are now engaged.

Still has previously worked in the fashion industry for Bulgari and Gucci.

John Jensen sacked/leaves post of Assistant Manager at Blackburn today. There's some speculation Kean has gone to Venky's and blamed him for our shitness. There is also speculation that werepig O'Leary is in talks with Blackburn, perhaps as a Director of Football.

RIO Ferdinand yesterday lost a legal bid for damages over a kiss and tell story by an ex-mistress.

The Man United star’s case was booted out as a High Court judge ruled that it had been justifiable to question his moral suitability to be England captain.

Serial love-cheat Ferdinand had demanded £50,000 from the Sunday Mirror and a worldwide gagging order over an interview with Carly Storey last year in which she claimed to have dated him since he was a teenage star at West Ham.

1301712_900_400.jpg

pretty.