Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Tens of thousands of Nepalese working on construction sites in Qatar for the 2022 World Cup have been prevented from going home to attend funerals. Some don't even know if their families are alive or dead. Apparently there's some worker rules, known as kafala, which means your employer takes your passport off you and it's really difficult to get permission to go home.

FIFA can go and fuck themselves with this World Cup. It's a genuine disgrace that no national association has come out and said they won't be attending.

I don't know if it's within their power but it would be nice if all the European FA's told Fifa where to go and carried on playing through the winter (I know many already have a 2 week or so break but the World Cup one will be a month or so right?) and refused to release any players from their clubs to play in it. This world cup is an absolute disgrace tbh and the heads of Fifa deserve human rights charges leveled at them along with Qatar. Of course like I say I've no clue if it's within any of the FA's powers but I do know none of them have the bollocks to do it so the tournament will go ahead even if they were shooting workers who weren't working hard enough.

Wonder what's gone on here.

(for what it's worth these two would be amazing. Unlikely to come to Newcastle though.)

Apparently the manager threatened that whoever didn't give it all for the club would be sacked before the next training session.

So there you go

Apparently the manager threatened that whoever didn't give it all for the club would be sacked before the next training session.

So there you go

Surprised that kind of hard-line taken by Roberto di Matteo, seems harsh as well, they can't get into the CL, they've still got games left to ensure they get Europa.

It's bonkers, but they might lose out to Dortmund...

Edited by The Fish

Surprised that kind of hard-line taken by Roberto di Matteo, seems harsh as well, they can't get into the CL, they've still got games left to ensure they get Europa.

It's bonkers, but they might lose out to Dortmund...

Sorry, Horst Heldt, the club "General Manager"

Sorry, Horst Heldt, the club "General Manager"

Ah fair enough.

Dunno why, but I thought Sidney Sam was quite the striker, however after checking his stats, he's never scored double figures...

Another report saying they've not been released but suspended until the end of the season and told to find new clubs.

http://www.schalke04.de/en/news/150511_breaking/page/1587--86-86-.html

Boateng and Sam released
24173_150511_logo_320x180.jpg?

Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt announced there would be consequences after Sunday’s defeat away to 1. FC Köln and the first action has been taken: Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sidney Sam have been released with immediate effect. Marco Höger is suspended from training and first-team action up to and including Saturday, 16th May.