Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I would also suggest 'political correctness' or some peoples desperate need to conform to every aspect of it almost religiously is another reason for the competitions people embroil themselves in.

''I love muslims/ethic minority/opposite gender/different sexuality me & every aspect of their culture because if I don't I'm a <insert prejudice> you see''

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it seems to be so much more common - perhaps in tandem with the rise of social media people have been mobilized to get on their high horse that little bit quicker.

Like when football is mourning anyone and some daft bint on facebook will say it's an outrage because a soldier died and people should mourn him instead etc etc or because people are dying in Africa etc etc, it's become a competition for some people.

I would also suggest 'political correctness' or some peoples desperate need to conform to every aspect of it almost religiously is another reason for the competitions people embroil themselves in.

''I love muslims/ethic minority/opposite gender/different sexuality me & every aspect of their culture because if I don't I'm a <insert prejudice> you see''

You mean "Political correctness has gone mad"?

:lol:

Reminds me of the new partridge book where he takes a page to explain the weight of thousands of straws dragging him down, until the weight of a single straw on top of that became too much for him to manage, and he blew. Like he was oblivious to the famous phrase.

I think it seems to be so much more common - perhaps in tandem with the rise of social media people have been mobilized to get on their high horse that little bit quicker.

Like when football is mourning anyone and some daft bint on facebook will say it's an outrage because a soldier died and people should mourn him instead etc etc or because people are dying in Africa etc etc, it's become a competition for some people.

You mean "Political correctness has gone mad"?

:lol:

Reminds me of the new partridge book where he takes a page to explain the weight of thousands of straws dragging him down, until the weight of a single straw on top of that became too much for him to manage, and he blew. Like he was oblivious to the famous phrase.

See this years topman debacle for an easy example.

When I was at university (a canny while ago now) there was a politically correct handbook. Now I'm sure such a tome exists now in the form of a parody but this was the real I am. It was so academics could use the correct, non-offensive language in academic papers etc. Seems like a wind-up now.

When I was at university (a canny while ago now) there was a politically correct handbook. Now I'm sure such a tome exists now in the form of a parody but this was the real I am. It was so academics could use the correct, non-offensive language in academic papers etc. Seems like a wind-up now.

I think I've seen that. Does it have a picture of a red-headed black jewish blind woman on the cover?

Disabled Chinese Lesbian, but it might be an older edition. Incidentally the woman who told me about it was a Marxist, vegan, lesbian. I don't think she was on the wind-up about it because she was completely devoid of humour.

Disabled Chinese Lesbian, but it might be an older edition. Incidentally the woman who told me about it was a Marxist, vegan, lesbian. I don't think she was on the wind-up about it because she was completely devoid of humour.

:D

Sorry, Marxist, vegan, feminist, lesbian. She actually once said "I don't eat my friends" with a straight face. She was alright actually, as a tutor. Hard work as a person though.

Sorry, Marxist, vegan, feminist, lesbian. She actually once said "I don't eat my friends" with a straight face. She was alright actually, as a tutor. Hard work as a person though.

Yeah well. Some people are always going to take themselves too seriously. Surprising though in your case, most marxist, vegan, feminist, lesbians are an absolute riot. ;)

Just googled her and she still works there. To quote her home page:

"My current PhD students are working on early-modern representations of menstruation, on early Baptist conversion narratives, and on early-modern depictions and meanings of cleft palate."

You couldn't make that shit up tbh :lol:

Just googled her and she still works there. To quote her home page:

"My current PhD students are working on early-modern representations of menstruation, on early Baptist conversion narratives, and on early-modern depictions and meanings of cleft palate."

You couldn't make that shit up tbh :lol:

:D Fuckin' hell.

You get bands of vegans in Durham.

If you aren't a vegan you don't want to be in their path because they'll try and make you one. They are all feminists too funnily enough & blokes.

Isn't alex a vegan? Or just a vegetarian?

What are you driving at here?

Just trying to dispel any myths there might be about vegans. ;)

I might be a prick but I'm not a vegan.

It's a well known fact that due to the constricting diet and severe lack of protein, vegans are unable to muster the strength to smile and subsequently laugh.

Since every other one of Alex's posts is ":lol:" then he clearly cannot be vegan.