Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure how we got from my comment to ' political correctness gone mad' tbh but I wasn't just talking about people competing to who grieves the best etc. Just generally that people are more bothered about pushing their own agendas, using any situation (e.g. the tragic suicide of a young man) to to do so, completely ignoring the situation itself to do so.

NUFC :

Payments to Agents - 2010/11

Total amount paid to agents in the period 1 October 2010 to 30 September 2011: 6,380,488.

Explanatory Note:

The amount shown is the aggregate of all payments made to agents during the reporting period for agency activity, including payments made by the club on behalf of players.

City, unsurprisingly, topped the payments table with a total of £9.7million paid to agents followed by Spurs on £7.6million, then Liverpool on £7million.

The total in the top flight of £71.8million is the highest since the Premier League decided in 2008 to publish club-by-club spending on agents - in 2009 it was £70.7million.

The three lowest spenders included two promoted sides Swansea (£248,000) and Norwich (£710,00), with Wigan having spent £659,000.

The amounts shown include payments made by clubs on behalf of players.

Club-by-club spending on agents' fees between October 1 2010 and September 30 2011:

Man City £9.7m; Tottenham £7.6m; Liverpool £7m; Chelsea£6.5m; Newcastle £6.3m; Arsenal £4.6m; Man Utd £4.5m; Blackburn £4.2m; Sunderland £3.7m; Aston Villa £3.2m; Everton £2.9m; QPR £2.5m; Stoke £2.2m; Bolton £1.9m; West Brom £1.3m; Wolves £1.1m, Fulham£0.9m; Norwich £0.7m; Wigan £0.66m; Swansea £0.24m.

Total: £71.9m.

Some interesting stats.

After 13 games last season, Manchester United had 25 points. After 13 games this season, Newcastle United have 26 points.

If Newcastle had taken 26 points from their first 13 last season, they'd be only 2 points off the league leaders, Chelsea.

Last season, Bolton were in 5th after 14 games played, but finished below us in 14th place at the end of the season.

Ah I see Alex also has relations with the venerable vegan-Elaine...

Bet you googled that quote as soon as I mentioned the tutor was female. Unlucky :D

Some interesting stats.

After 13 games last season, Manchester United had 25 points. After 13 games this season, Newcastle United have 26 points.

If Newcastle had taken 26 points from their first 13 last season, they'd be only 2 points off the league leaders, Chelsea.

Last season, Bolton were in 5th after 14 games played, but finished below us in 14th place at the end of the season.

Interesting? Not particularly.

Meaningless? Yep.

Some interesting stats.

Interesting? Not particularly.

Meaningless? Yep.

All stats are meaningless! I found the fact that we had more points than Man U at this stage particularly interesting though.

You get bands of vegans in Durham.

If you aren't a vegan you don't want to be in their path because they'll try and make you one. They are all feminists too funnily enough & blokes.

Feminist blokes?

He may have been joking.

You get bands of vegans in Durham.

If you aren't a vegan you don't want to be in their path because they'll try and make you one. They are all feminists too funnily enough & blokes.

Feminist blokes?

He may have been joking.

Needless to say, I was too.

So was I. Triple whoosh!

Anyone got statistics on how 4th after 13 games ended up, historically? If we grab 1 point a game for the rest of the season ( relegation form really), we will end up with 51 points, which should be enough for top-8.

In the last 4 seasons:

10/11: Manchester City, 22 points -- Finished 3rd with 71 points.

09/10: Tottenham, 25 points -- Finished 4th with 70 points.

08/09: Arsenal, 23 points -- Finished 4th with 72 points.

07/08: Chelsea, 25 points -- Finished 2nd with 85 points.

06/07: Portsmouth, 23 points -- Finished 9th with 54 points.

05/06: Wigan Athletic, 25 points -- Finished 10th with 51 points.

I'll do more seasons later if anyone gives a fuck!

Edited by JonTheMag

Anyone got statistics on how 4th after 13 games ended up, historically? If we grab 1 point a game for the rest of the season ( relegation form really), we will end up with 51 points, which should be enough for top-8.

In the last 4 seasons:

10/11: Manchester City, 22 points -- Finished 3rd with 71 points.

09/10: Tottenham, 25 points -- Finished 4th with 70 points.

08/09: Arsenal, 23 points -- Finished 4th with 72 points.

07/08: Chelsea, 25 points -- Finished 2nd with 85 points.

06/07: Portsmouth, 23 points -- Finished 9th with 54 points.

05/06: Wigan Athletic, 25 points -- Finished 10th with 51 points.

I'll do more seasons later if anyone gives a fuck!

Do it for 7th after 14 ;)

Notts County's Lee Hughes arrested over sexual assault

Lee Hughes was arrested in Croydon on Saturday night, the BBC understands

Notts County striker Lee Hughes has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault after an incident involving a woman at a hotel in south London, the BBC understands.

The Metropolitan Police said officers were called to a hotel in Purley Way, Croydon, at 23:00 GMT on Saturday.

A 35-year-old man, believed to be Mr Hughes, was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and taken into custody.

He was bailed until a date in late January, pending further inquiries.

In a statement, Notts County said: "Notts County can confirm that the club are aware of an alleged incident involving one of our players at the team's hotel on Saturday, 3 December.

"As this is a police matter, the club will be making no further comment on this incident."

The team was staying at the hotel on Saturday night, prior to their match against Sutton United on Sunday evening.