Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3639003-xmasparty6_288_345.jpg?h=9c02511a37c864c5ac982a8a8eebfecb

Is Haris a bit bong-eyed?

Looks like a cross between Superman and Hugh Grant there like the cockeyed fucka. Never seen a skinny man run slower than Haris at his age.

Looks like Anelka is off to China. You have to why a man already rich beyond most of our wildest dreams has chosen to trade a final chance at playing for a top European club for a final big pay day.

Wayne Rooney wins Uefa appeal in boost to England's Euro 2012 hopes

• Uefa reduces striker's Euro 2012 ban to two matches

• Ban for third match suspended for four years

• Rooney also agrees to do coaching in the community

Wayne-Rooney-007.jpg

Wayne Rooney and the England manager, Fabio Capello, listen during the striker's appeal hearing at Uefa's headquarters in Nyon. Photograph: Reuters

Wayne Rooney has been cleared to play in England's final group game in next summer's European Championship – providing he avoids another red card for violent conduct while playing for Manchester United in the Europa League.

Uefa's disciplinary panel reduced his three-match international suspension to two games for kicking Montenegro defender Miodrag Dzudovic during October's qualifier in Podgorica.

The third game, however, was suspended for four years, not removed, and will be enforced should Rooney be dismissed for violent conduct during an official Uefa game in that period. That means England's leading striker will miss the entire group programme in Ukraine and Poland should he breach the condition while playing for United in the Europa League.

Sir Alex Ferguson's team could play nine matches in European football's second-tier competition should they reach the final in Bucharest next May.

As things stand, Rooney, who declared the hearing "went fine" shortly before the managing director of Club England, Adrian Bevington, confirmed Uefa's leniency, will now miss England's opening two matches at Euro 2012 against France and Sweden. He will be available for the game against the co-hosts Ukraine in Donetsk on 19 June.

Bevington said: "We have had a very fair hearing today. In effect, it is a two-game suspension with one carried over for a further four years for the national team.

"We are very pleased with that. Wayne's presence was clearly important and I'd like to make a special thanks to Manchester United – to David Gill and Sir Alex Ferguson – for releasing Wayne to be present. I would also like to pay tribute to Adam Lewis QC who led our case, Antonio Rigozzi, John Ellis and James Bonnington.

"Wayne has also agreed to support one day of a Uefa [coaching] programme during a forthcoming period and we would expect him to do so on national duty so that there is no impact on his United time. We are very grateful for the time given by Uefa today. The commission considered everything, they listened to evidence from Wayne and Fabio Capello."

Rooney arrived at Uefa's headquarters in Nyon with an England delegation including the manager Capello, a four-strong team of lawyers and his agent, Paul Stretford. The legal team pointed to the fact that Dzudovic had asked Uefa to show leniency because Rooney had acted out of "desperation rather than anger", and had been "provoked by problems his family had to face a short time before the game".

The three-man panel comprised the chairman, Michel Wuilleret from Switzerland, Dr Levent Bicakci from Turkey and Ivaylo Ivkov of Bulgaria and, despite the FA's immense relief at their verdict, it did come with unusual strings attached.

Bevington explained: "It [the third-match suspension] relates to any further red card offences of violent conduct and also covers any received while playing for his club in European games, but the actual penalty would only apply to the international team.

"The commission were very complimentary to Wayne for coming here and giving his evidence personally. It has been made very clear to Wayne that the suspended period of the third card is four years. He has been very mature and rational in the way he answered everything said to him by today's panel. If he is dismissed for violent conduct while playing for United, the only team it will affect is England."

Bevington said he was unable to provide details of how Uefa's disciplinary panel arrived at their decision. He added: "Wayne has always made it clear that he accepted it was a red card offence. I don't want to go into specifics about the hearing because we have been asked by the panel to make clear it was a private hearing, so I cannot breach any confidence of what was said in the room, but we are very pleased with the outcome.

"We arrived here with the possibility of Wayne missing the whole group stage of the Euro 2012 campaign, which would have posed a huge challenge to Fabio and the team. So to have him available for the final game is a positive result for us and Wayne."

Quite brilliant this, remember to put on subtitles.

:D

i posted several years ago how a bunch of us at a house party put a shock collar on the first person who passed out. then carried him to the end of the driveway and set him in the street. watching him running around trying to find a safe zone was hilarious.

Which basically means: the sponsors have been leaning on us; you know it, we know it. Better let him play in a game England are guaranteed to play so everyone's happy and no-one loses face.

Or the right punishment for the crime.

Which basically means: the sponsors have been leaning on us; you know it, we know it. Better let him play in a game England are guaranteed to play so everyone's happy and no-one loses face.

You mean to tell me if it hadn't been Rooney who kicked an opponent, they too would have seen their a suspension on grounds of violent conduct reduced?

Righto.

You mean to tell me if it hadn't been Rooney who kicked an opponent, they too would have seen their a suspension on grounds of violent conduct reduced?

Righto.

Yes, Arshavin. It's ridiculous suspending someone for 3 games at a 6 game max tournament. It's like giving someone in the premiership a 19 game ban. I know going by that logic the equvilent of a 3 game ban in a 38 game season would mean Rooney should really get a 0.47something game ban for the Euros, but I think 2 is fair enough. He should never have been given a 3 game ban in the first place.

Rooney can get to fuck anyway. It's alright doing it for Man U every week when you sit camped on the edge of the opposition box for 90 minutes and play playground football-different when you've got to drop off and fight for it against decent defenders because your midfield's not as world class as the decade old tabloid wankfest claims. Petulent fat scouse twat that he is.

What a fucking dick Curbishley is

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16132436.stm

Scott Parker's talent wasted by England - Alan Curbishley

Page last updated at 17:56 GMT, Sunday, 11 December 2011

_57259610_scottparker.jpg

Parker has won 10 caps for England, seven of them in 2011

Alan Curbishley believes England have consistently wasted Scott Parker's ability and failed to unlock his true potential.

The 31-year-old is only just beginning to establish himself in the national side's set-up, much to the surprise of his former Charlton manager Curbishley.

When asked if he thought England had wasted Parker's ability, Curbishley told BBC Radio 5 live: "I think so.

"If you define his role as a holding midfielder, there's nobody better."

has caught the attention of England manager Fabio Capello, with the former West Ham skipper becoming a key player in the national team in recent matches.

However, Curbishley believes such recognition is long overdue for the midfielder.

SCOTT PARKER AND TOTTENHAM

• With Parker: P12 W10 D1 L1 F28 A8

• Without Parker: P2 W0 D0 L2 F1 A8

Premier League matches

"We saw the advent of [Claude] Makelele as a holding midfield player, [Nigel] De Jong is in there for Manchester City, and Scott Parker is up there with them all because he is so quick over the ground, he makes tackles and wins the ball," said Curbishley.

"We have been crying out for somebody in the England set-up to do that when you have the likes of [steven] Gerrard and [Frank] Lampard either side.

"Parker would have been the ideal foil for them and I can't understand that [why he was not used more often in the past].

"He went off with the [extended] England squad to the World Cup in South Africa, before it got whittled down to the squad that went, and he didn't get in.

"That was a massive surprise to everybody because the way he played and trained in that week, everyone thought he was an absolute cert to be going and, if you look at the best countries around the world, especially at that World Cup in South Africa, Spain had two holding players, so did Brazil.

"Everyone had holding midfield players except us."

The way people are going on about him reminds me of when Gareth Barry was supposedly a key player for England. Probably with a similar outcome.

In my time watching Newcastle since 1985, he'd be NEE WHERE near the best 10 midfielders I've seen us have.