Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it looks like the payments Redknapp received were in relation to his cut of transfer fees rather than brown envelope payments.

I imagine any bungs would be delivered in cash. The Revenue still have their teeth in his arse though since he allegedly paid no tax on his cut of the transfer fee.

Dyer's three touches from his own half to chipping the keeper whilst sprinting at full pelt against Everton is still one of my favourite toon goals.

I jumped up in the Black Bull at Four Lane Ends and knocked the light off the wall :lol:

Imagine if Dekka had pulled this stunt :Dclicky

Bayern Munich have angered their fans after a media stunt in which they claimed to be unveiling a new striker backfired.

The German club announced on their website that “a spectacular name” would be signing for the club, with the unveiling to follow in the afternoon.

The news generated a huge wave of excitement from fans on social networking sites to see which superstar striker had been brought to the Allianz Arena.

Fans were able to watch the unveiling on the club’s Facebook page, but were disappointed when they tuned in.

Bayern Munich’s general manager Christian Nerlinger was shown in the video unveiling the new player’s identity, only for users to see their own Facebook profile picture.

The users then saw their own name appear on the back of a Bayern Munich number 8 shirt.

“Dear fans, you probably already noticed, that we did not sign a new player,” a statement on Bayern Munich’s Facebook page read. “This app is for our fans to show the importance of you for our club.”

Within half an hour of the announcement the Bayern Munich explanation had attracted well over 3,000 comments, almost universally negative.

“Failed PR campaign, very, very weak,” said one commenter, Tim Wiedmann.

“You stupid idiots! I’ve sacrificed my lunch break for a bad joke,” added Bunyamin Divarci. “Those responsible must feel the consequences.”

On the Leeds vacancy, a letter in the local rag.

I couldn't help but notice that Neil Warnock is the favourite for the vacant Nasty Leeds job. Would this be the same Neil Warnock that, upon hearing Nasty Leeds' relegation to the third tier, was quoted as saying: 'As a proud Yorkshireman, I'll be among the first to offer [Nasty] Leeds my commiserations. Well, I will as soon as I can stop laughing, anyway'

It would be terrible if that were to come back and bite him on the arse.

Anyway, Clark is the new favourite for the job.

I know. Spoke to my dad last night and apparently he has said he doesnt want it.

hes talking about a currently runniing criminal investigation that he could be considered a witness in

no hes not, he needs to keep his fucking mouth shut

Looks like the FA could be looking for an excuse to sack Fabio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/16905818

Fabio Capello may have breached his contract with the FA

England coach Fabio Capello may have breached his contract by publicly criticising the Football Association's move to oust John Terry as captain.

Former FA executive director David Davies told the BBC the FA was taking "the matter very seriously".

Terry, 31, was stripped of the armband pending his trial in July over alleged racial abuse of QPR's Anton Ferdinand.

On Sunday Capello said to Italy's state broadcaster RAI he "absolutely" did not agree with the decision.

Capello, whose first game in charge was on 6 February against Switzerland, is set to meet FA chairman David Bernstein this week.

Davies left the FA a year and a half before Capello was hired and he added: "There is strong leadership now at the FA from [chairman] David Bernstein," he said.

"Last week he wasn't slow to take things forward and he may not be slow to do so now."

At the weekend Capello indicated that he did not believe someone should be punished by sporting authorities before a court had reached a verdict.

"I thought it was right that Terry should keep the captain's armband," said the 65-year-old Italian.

"I have spoken to the [FA] chairman and I have said that in my opinion one cannot be punished until it is official and the court - a non-sport court, a civil court - had made a decision to decide if John Terry has done what he is accused of."

David Davies, former executive director of the FA, told the BBC that the former Real Madrid and AC Milan manager's outspoken actions have frustrated his employer.

"My understanding - and I've talked to one or two very senior people at the FA in the last 24 hours - is that this matter with Capello is regarded very seriously," Davies told BBC Radio 5 live. "He may well have breached his contract.

"There is collective responsibility and there is a view that publicly this sort of matter shouldn't be aired in this sort of way.

"It will be for others to know the fine print of Capello's contract and I suspect people will look at it."