Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Very cheap with a potential fan base of the city of Leeds?

On the field though aye, dog shite, but these guys buying clubs now are business men arent they? I wish it was the Venkys :lol:

I suppose I was thinking Elland Rd is an ageing stadium, the clubs been in the doldrums for years, footy's probably second fiddle to Rugby League (?), the squad's shite etc. Massive job to turn it round and get into the promised land I reckon.....

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I was thinking Elland Rd is an ageing stadium, the clubs been in the doldrums for years, footy's probably second fiddle to Rugby League (?), the squad's shite etc. Massive job to turn it round and get into the promised land I reckon.....

Elland Road has the potential due to the wide spaces around it. The East Stand has just been upgraded and the facilities around it for coroporate stuff is great. The rest off Elland Road is a shit hole. It will need serious investment to make it a decent ground.

RL is the main sport in the city, but there is an overlap of when the seasons are played so you get a lot of Rhinos fans attending Leeds games and visa versa. The Rhinos are on the wain at the moment due to an ageing squad and some shite management, if it continues then I can see more Rhinos fans attending Leeds UTD Games. Leeds Utd still get better attendances than the Rhinos and always have done, but thats also to do with fans out of Leeds coming to see the football.

It would take a lot of investment to sort the ground out, they have fantastic training facilities at Thorpe Arch and Warnock has proven time and time again he can get teams up into the Premiership.

A lot of rumours are saying its Paul Allen co-founder of Microsoft along side an Arab Billionaire. If thats the case, well, they have the cash to do what they like.

Elland Road has the potential due to the wide spaces around it. The East Stand has just been upgraded and the facilities around it for coroporate stuff is great. The rest off Elland Road is a shit hole. It will need serious investment to make it a decent ground.

RL is the main sport in the city, but there is an overlap of when the seasons are played so you get a lot of Rhinos fans attending Leeds games and visa versa. The Rhinos are on the wain at the moment due to an ageing squad and some shite management, if it continues then I can see more Rhinos fans attending Leeds UTD Games. Leeds Utd still get better attendances than the Rhinos and always have done, but thats also to do with fans out of Leeds coming to see the football.

It would take a lot of investment to sort the ground out, they have fantastic training facilities at Thorpe Arch and Warnock has proven time and time again he can get teams up into the Premiership.

A lot of rumours are saying its Paul Allen co-founder of Microsoft along side an Arab Billionaire. If thats the case, well, they have the cash to do what they like.

:spit:

they're pulling your leg.

Guest CabayeAye

I reckon it's the classic 'player gets a big signing on fee, club get an inflated transfer fee due to the length left on his contract' gig that happened when we fleeced the scousers for Carroll.

I reckon it's the classic 'player gets a big signing on fee, club get an inflated transfer fee due to the length left on his contract' gig that happened when we fleeced the scousers for Carroll.

So you reckon he's still off in this window?

David Beckham has confirmed that he has not been included in Great Britain's football squad for the Olympic Games.

The 35-year-old former England midfielder has made the final short-list and was widely expected to be confirmed in the final 18-man party by coach Stuart Pearce.

The statement from Beckham read: "Everyone knows how much playing for my country has always meant to me.But now the Los Angeles Galaxy star has revealed that he will not be taking part in the London games.

"So I would have been honored to have been part of this unique Team GB squad.

"Naturally I am very disappointed, but there will be no bigger supporter of the team than me. And like everyone, I will be hoping they can win the gold."

It is understood Ryan Giggs, Craig Bellamy and Micah Richards will be the three over-age players confirmed by Pearce next week.

Bit of a surprise, thought he'd be a shoo-in.

surprised because he's done a lot of work getting the olympics here in the first place

less surprised from the standpoint that Pearce is wanting to actually win it.

Good for Giggs and Bellamy,never appeared on the world stage before, but Beckham can fuck off. He's had his oppurtunities in front of a worldwide audience of millions at least 4 times. But Pearce can't justify Richards in the same way, and didn't he used to manage Man City when Richards was a nipper?......I'd have given his slot to Aaron Hughes.

So he's got a British player who can deliver a better ball than Beckham? Righty-o... :lol:

so beckham should still be playing for england?

so beckham should still be playing for england?

No, but under the selection criteria (Pearce isnt allowed to pick any players who appeared at the Euros, regardless of age) I wouldve thought he would be a useful player to have on the bench. He's good enough when you discount the whole England squad if you see what I mean. I agree with not taking him, hes a piss taking attention seeker who puts his own agenda over and above anything that may be good for the squad in general, but he's good enough to be picked for it on ability. If Bellamy and Giggs playing is a consolation prize for being Welsh, then the same can't be said for Richards, who has nationality and time on his side, and thats why if you're going to be consistant then Hughes captained N.I. for a decade and shouldve got a squad place iyam.

"piss taking attention seeker who puts his own agenda above that of the team or squad"?

That's total bollocks like. He loves seeing his photo about the place, but the bloke is a model pro. He's one of very few in the modern era who seemed genuinely proud to play for his country too.

Great to see someone not bowing down to sponsor and locog pressures to pick someone purely to boost revenues. Good curevball Psycho.

No doubt he (Beckham) will still be hanging around like stale fart trying to steal limelight during it instead of playing for his contracted club in the MLS whilst the tournament is on.

"piss taking attention seeker who puts his own agenda above that of the team or squad"?

That's total bollocks like. He loves seeing his photo about the place, but the bloke is a model pro. He's one of very few in the modern era who seemed genuinely proud to play for his country too.

Its partially bollocks yeah, his attitude was great, but for me it was a means to an end. His life is about self promotion. I think a lot of the hoopla you get with him eg private security,chef etc was indulged by Erikkson and McLaren but Pearce is a different character to them, no bullshit, all in together etc and he just didnt want the bullshit sideshow that Beckham brings.

Its partially bollocks yeah, his attitude was great, but for me it was a means to an end. His life is about self promotion. I think a lot of the hoopla you get with him eg private security,chef etc was indulged by Erikkson and McLaren but Pearce is a different character to them, no bullshit, all in together etc and he just didnt want the bullshit sideshow that Beckham brings.

Pearce is also a dinosaur and should not be in charge of the team

There'll be a few disappointed Japanese tourists in London now, mind.

"true dat" as I beleive the younger people say David :)The pressure that Pearce must've been under to pick him from the BOC doesn't bare thinking about....ticket sales not top of Psycho's agenda plainly....

Thought Fergie might have wanted the gig...cant see many Scottish players appearing in the squad..Barry Bannon anyone :lol:

Add Bale and Ramsey to the other two druids and its a good start...Kyle Walker a good shout,that Mchearn? kid from Chelsea....not bad..