Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

"true dat" as I beleive the younger people say David :)The pressure that Pearce must've been under to pick him from the BOC doesn't bare thinking about....ticket sales not top of Psycho's agenda plainly....

'true dat'?

You turning scouse on my ass, Robert?

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The same year Beckham joined Real Madrid from Manchester United. On the pre-season tour of the Far East his new colleagues were clearly taken aback by the added scrutiny and generally craziness that his presence generated. When he and Luis Figo co-hosted a press conference in a Tokyo hotel, Beckham was ushered to an ostentatious gold throne and Figo to a normal chair placed to its side. The Portuguese was having none of it. "I am Luis Figo," he said as, much to the horror of his Japanese hosts, he sat down on the throne and told Beckham to take the chair."

:lol: Says more about Figo than Beckham. The correct approach would be to let Beckham take the throne and then spend the press conference ripping the piss out of his majesty, not insist that it's your rightful throne.

Richards was picked to beef up the defence as the likes of Rio, Terry, Jones, Smalling Jagielka, Cahill, Baines, Lescott, Johnson, Walker and Cole won't be going. Doesn't leave many decent English defenders. Shame Taylor is fucked as he would have had a decent chance

"piss taking attention seeker who puts his own agenda above that of the team or squad"?

That's total bollocks like. He loves seeing his photo about the place, but the bloke is a model pro. He's one of very few in the modern era who seemed genuinely proud to play for his country too.

This

Richards was picked to beef up the defence as the likes of Rio, Terry, Jones, Smalling Jagielka, Cahill, Baines, Lescott, Johnson, Walker and Cole won't be going. Doesn't leave many decent English defenders. Shame Taylor is fucked as he would have had a decent chance

Taylor wanted to play apparently, but was told in no uncertain terms by Pardew that we weren't getting him fit for him to swan off to the Olympics.

Is picking Beckham for the Olympic football not like picking Frank Bruno for the boxing? :)

PL I rate you as one of the knowledgeable posters on here. The above post though is one massive crock of shit.

Aye I agree with you there, we're already contending with having to go for a relatively representative team of the nations now we're after reserving one of our over 23 slots for a 37 year old who has spent several years in a low standard league.

if we're going for an old player Giggs is the natural choice

He's 37. Why should he be going to an Under 23's tournament? You have to begin asking if we want to win anything or just applaud a nice story.

He couldn't provide a photo of himself holding a 'i am not Paul Wynn' sign.

PL I rate you as one of the knowledgeable posters on here. The above post though is one massive crock of shit.

Very kind of you to say all that...you're a lovely man :) ...I was just on the gee up, someone on 5live said it earlier :lol:

Its a massive commercial own goal, but if Pearce has done it for the reasons stated this morning theres no real argument iyam.

I do think Beckham brings out the "in the closet" side of a lot of blokes...nowt wrong with that like but the way he's treated as some sort of national treasure leaves me a bit bemused tbh.

Aye I agree with you there, we're already contending with having to go for a relatively representative team of the nations now we're after reserving one of our over 23 slots for a 37 year old who has spent several years in a low standard league.

if we're going for an old player Giggs is the natural choice

This is the young student alternative view stand-point. 2 years ago he was winning Serie A, and I don't fully buy in to the fact that MLS, is utterly devoid of quality. 7 or 8 MLS teams would win the SPL, without a doubt, there's some good players there, and Beckham played a massive part in LA Galaxy winning it last season.

My point is this, who gives a fuck about the Olympics? More importantly who gives a fuck about the Olympic football side. Not one of you could name the last 3 winners of the tournament, neither could I, because NO-ONE CARES. For me the Olympics is about representation, if it was about competition people should be interested it wouldn't be an U23 tournament. The key thing for the Olympics is for a country to present itself in the brightest possible light, showing integration, infrastructure, organisation and representation. I think the Olympics did wonders for China, in giving us a little window to their set up, it did wonders for Sydney, even though it costs a lot of money from an international point of view it does good for the country. It's a bit rich them not picking Beckham when he more than anyone went out of his way to get the Olympics here in the first place. He is a national icon, the national icon some would say, he's still a competent footballer, and without doubt should be the flag barer for the UK in the Olympics with him actually participating. Micah Richards?! What a kick in the teeth.

Pearce is also a dinosaur and should not be in charge of the team

He has nothing. That stat in the paper today, in his last season in charge of Man City they scored 10 home goals in 19 games, and scored 0 in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May, yet the FA have involved him in every set up for nearly 6 years. Fucking joke.

My point is this, who gives a fuck about the Olympics? More importantly who gives a fuck about the Olympic football side. Not one of you could name the last 3 winners of the tournament, neither could I, because NO-ONE CARES.

I'm willing to bet that thats because we've never had representation in it, theres not been a GB football team before, I know, for instance, that I'm a lot more interested in the olympic football tournament this time round since its both in the UK and we have a team

also I think Argentina won the last one, couldn't tell you the previous 2 off the top of my head but I don't really remember a lot about begin 15 or 11

"The same year Beckham joined Real Madrid from Manchester United. On the pre-season tour of the Far East his new colleagues were clearly taken aback by the added scrutiny and generally craziness that his presence generated. When he and Luis Figo co-hosted a press conference in a Tokyo hotel, Beckham was ushered to an ostentatious gold throne and Figo to a normal chair placed to its side. The Portuguese was having none of it. "I am Luis Figo," he said as, much to the horror of his Japanese hosts, he sat down on the throne and told Beckham to take the chair."

:lol: Says more about Figo than Beckham. The correct approach would be to let Beckham take the throne and then spend the press conference ripping the piss out of his majesty, not insist that it's your rightful throne.

:lol: I'd have probably done the same in Figo's position like. What with him being a better player than Beckham ever was.

He is a national icon, the national icon some would say,

Why though?....honestly, I cant see it. He cant even talk properly. He's attractive to members of the female gender and he was a good footballer a decade ago. He's a national icon in the way a reality tv show star is.

He has nothing. That stat in the paper today, in his last season in charge of Man City they scored 10 home goals in 19 games, and scored 0 in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May, yet the FA have involved him in every set up for nearly 6 years. Fucking joke.

It really is. That U-21 tournament last summer with him in charge was embarrassing. Watching us hit long balls up to Sturridge and Wellbeck was a farce. He really is the epitome of the old you're not a good player unless you get stuck in malarky.

Talk about putting Micah Richards under pressure to perform :lol:

Why they thought they had to single him out as an individual for the reason for dropping Beckham I don't know.

:lol: I'd have probably done the same in Figo's position like. What with him being a better player than Beckham ever was.

I saw Figo in the big Armani shop in Milan, buying up half the shop. Little bloke but broad as fuck. Class player.

Very kind of you to say all that...you're a lovely man :) ...I was just on the gee up, someone on 5live said it earlier :lol:

Its a massive commercial own goal, but if Pearce has done it for the reasons stated this morning theres no real argument iyam.

I do think Beckham brings out the "in the closet" side of a lot of blokes...nowt wrong with that like but the way he's treated as some sort of national treasure leaves me a bit bemused tbh.

Me and you both, mate. Nowt against the lad, he's obviously been a good professional and his dead ball kicks have been quality but the media in this country have made far more of him than just his talent deserves. If Pearce thinks he's not up the job anymore and is taking this GB seriously then he's done the right thing not picking him, I haven't seen him play for a couple of years, I've no idea how he is these days. I've no interest whatsoever in the Olympics so couldn't give a fuck, but should a person get picked to compete because he played a part in getting the Olympics here regardless if he's good or fit enough?

I saw Figo in the big Armani shop in Milan, buying up half the shop. Little bloke but broad as fuck. Class player.

Did he take a ball on his chest then volley it just past your head before running his fingers through his hair before carrying on with his shopping?

Did he take a ball on his chest then volley it just past your head before running his fingers through his hair before carrying on with his shopping?

Nah but he looked like he could have.