Stable Financial Footing

trophyshy

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fookin' prawns!

we are now nearly 4 years into Mike Ashleys "plan". You couldn't make it up.

If Shepherd had stayed, where do you think we'd be ???

I seriously think we would have either entered administration or hung on in the prem with massive debts and Fat Sam would have turned us into the Borg.

This stable financial footing Ashley claims to be putting us on.

1. Do you believe it? i.e. that MA is working toward making NUFC more sustainable?

Yes I believe he trying to improve the clubs finances.

2. Will it be a platform to challenge or is it merely to engineer profit?

To engineer a sale.

3. If the football bubble ever does burst (I don't think it will) will we really be in a better position to exploit the post-bubble neo-prem?

Can only be more advantageous to be in a healthy financial position.

4. Once he has this stable footing, how many years of that before we will compete again, if ever? I mean how many years of uncompetitive stability before even the MA backers realise he is never going to show ambition or win anything, or will we actually push on and how long may that take?

Depends what you mean by competing. If top 6 then we could have been competing for that this year with a tad more luck. Champions league is a rich clubs plaything these days. Cant really see that changing.

5. What price do you think he would take for the club now? You have to factor in the ££££'s free advertising his company is getting too....how much for his international billboard? Is Sports Direct expanding internationally? That would make his continued 'sponsorship' highly valuable and very cheap.

No Idea

6. And so we can have a laugh in September, what amount of £35m will be spent on transfer fees in the summer?

Anything less than a 30mill spend would be disappointing

For me its now all about the summer. It we dont spend a lot then we finally will have no doubt about his intentions.

To be fair there's only you and Skidmark that don't see the guy for what he is.

I disagree. I think there was quite a few on this forum who were starting to believe that with the likes of Tiote and Ben Arfa, getting contracts for the likes of Carrol sorted out, that we were on the up and heading in the right direction.

The progress since relegation would never satisfy the likes of Leazes , but I think a lot of Ashley haters still had some belief creaping in that the club was heading in the right direction.

Carrols sale has stalled that belief for me, which is why I say the summer spending bill will be make or break.

Like I have said, almost since he had hardly got his foot through the door, his sole aim was to stay in the premiership, while spending as little as possible and pocketing as much as possible, through selling our best players. He bought into the myth that we "always had 50,000 crowds" like lots of other fuckwits - not even just southerners because lots of NUFC fans attracted to the club by the previous regime also gullibly bought into it - and has now had a shock and will get an even bigger one when season ticket renewal time comes, unless he has found a buyer.

He bought people pints in the Bigg Market, a cringeworthy attempt at a PR exercise to buy popularity when he knew all along he had no ambition on the pitch, along with his other stunts which capitalised on the misguided unpopularity of the previous owners, among those who didn't understand what they had done for the club during their time in charge, and had became used to the club showing ambition, thinking it was an automatic thing. Ambition is a choice, which was pointed out many times, nobody has to do it. He chose not to show it, and many many other potential owners out there could do exactly the same thing.

That is all there is too it. The wrong bloke, a terrible terrible owner, all I have done is stuck to my guns, which was easy because I knew that I was right.

People wanting to spend as little as possible as soon as they get their foot in the door don't sanction the spending money Big Sam was given pretty much straight away. You fail to see the flaws in you argument and go on claiming that you were always right.

What I'm trying to say Leazes is that you're basically a tosser.

net spend 6.6m hardly setting the world on fire

1. Do you believe it? i.e. that MA is working toward making NUFC more sustainable?

To engineer a sale.

3. If the football bubble ever does burst (I don't think it will) will we really be in a better position to exploit the post-bubble neo-prem?

4. Once he has this stable footing, how many years of that before we will compete again, if ever? I mean how many years of uncompetitive stability before even the MA backers realise he is never going to show ambition or win anything, or will we actually push on and how long may that take?

Depends what you mean by competing. If top 6 then we could have been competing for that this year with a tad more luck. Champions league is a rich clubs plaything these days. Cant really see that changing.

5. What price do you think he would take for the club now? You have to factor in the ££££'s free advertising his company is getting too....how much for his international billboard? Is Sports Direct expanding internationally? That would make his continued 'sponsorship' highly valuable and very cheap.

No Idea

6. And so we can have a laugh in September, what amount of £35m will be spent on transfer fees in the summer?

For me its now all about the summer. It we dont spend a lot then we finally will have no doubt about his intentions.

Tbf i agree with most that CT has to say. And again on this he is correct.

I do see FMA for what he is...he is a business man with no REAL affiliation or love for our club. He is trying to do everything on the cheap and it is a gamble but it could work. If it does work then it will only put us in a much stronger position.

Now us fans are frustrated because we have been blessed with european football and title races in the past but it is exactly that. The past.

LM Bangs on about how expectations have been lowered, and rightly so.

We have to ride this out, rough few years not compeating for much. But this is what needs to happen if we are going to dig ourselves out of that almighty whole FFS and SJH left us in.

Good times will come about again, we may flirt with a chance of europe in the near future but it will only be sustainable once our financial situation is sorted.

Id love to see the days when we spend massive money and play in europe just now but i honestly think for all i hate FMA for some of the things that have went on and the fact he doesnt love OUR club, he as a business man will put us on a good standing.

So long as the gamble doesnt go tits up.

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

I do see FMA for what he is...he is a business man with no REAL affiliation or love for our club. He is trying to do everything on the cheap and it is a gamble but it could work. If it does work then it will only put us in a much stronger position.

Now us fans are frustrated because we have been blessed with european football and title races in the past but it is exactly that. The past.

We have to ride this out, rough few years not compeating for much. But this is what needs to happen if we are going to dig ourselves out of that almighty whole FFS and SJH left us in.

Good times will come about again, we may flirt with a chance of europe in the near future but it will only be sustainable once our financial situation is sorted.

Id love to see the days when we spend massive money and play in europe just now but i honestly think for all i hate FMA for some of the things that have went on and the fact he doesnt love OUR club, he as a business man will put us on a good standing.

Good post - I think that he actually wanted, initially, to become a fan, but then when we, understandably rejected him, he started looking at us purely as a business.

The fat shithead got done by Sir John Hall. Simple. I would love to see LardAsh's reaction to a face to face question of what he thinks of SJH :D The fat twat would probably explode.

SJH saw the writing was on the wall for NUFC and the debts. Luckily for him, a fat stupid saviour came riding in to town on a very strong horse. SJH couldn't believe his luck. "Quick, Mike baby, buy it now whilst Fred is in his bed feeling poorly. You've only got hours to make it yours!" Kerrrrrrrrchingggggggg

The fat gambler lost his stake and a lot more besides. Unfortunately he's now trying to claw his money back, bit by painful bit.

I hope Surgeon Hall sends the fat one a Christmas card every year. To see the fat shite open it and witness his expression would make me sooooooooo happy. Cunt (sorry Cath).

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

I disagree. I think there was quite a few on this forum who were starting to believe that with the likes of Tiote and Ben Arfa, getting contracts for the likes of Carrol sorted out, that we were on the up and heading in the right direction.

The progress since relegation would never satisfy the likes of Leazes , but I think a lot of Ashley haters still had some belief creaping in that the club was heading in the right direction.

Carrols sale has stalled that belief for me, which is why I say the summer spending bill will be make or break.

Like I have said, almost since he had hardly got his foot through the door, his sole aim was to stay in the premiership, while spending as little as possible and pocketing as much as possible, through selling our best players. He bought into the myth that we "always had 50,000 crowds" like lots of other fuckwits - not even just southerners because lots of NUFC fans attracted to the club by the previous regime also gullibly bought into it - and has now had a shock and will get an even bigger one when season ticket renewal time comes, unless he has found a buyer.

He bought people pints in the Bigg Market, a cringeworthy attempt at a PR exercise to buy popularity when he knew all along he had no ambition on the pitch, along with his other stunts which capitalised on the misguided unpopularity of the previous owners, among those who didn't understand what they had done for the club during their time in charge, and had became used to the club showing ambition, thinking it was an automatic thing. Ambition is a choice, which was pointed out many times, nobody has to do it. He chose not to show it, and many many other potential owners out there could do exactly the same thing.

That is all there is too it. The wrong bloke, a terrible terrible owner, all I have done is stuck to my guns, which was easy because I knew that I was right.

People wanting to spend as little as possible as soon as they get their foot in the door don't sanction the spending money Big Sam was given pretty much straight away. You fail to see the flaws in you argument and go on claiming that you were always right.

Really ? Shame I am right then. Successful clubs spend big money, because they need to buy the best players, like it or not. Fuck me, this is like teaching someone to suck eggs.

Edited by LeazesMag

Fookin' prawns!

you mean the Halls and Shepherd ? Do you know where we were when they took over the club ? When do you think someone will come in and match their european and Champions League qualifications, and growth of the club, as you appear to think they were so useless ?

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

Gamble ? He's 4 years into his "plan". Anybody who STILL can't see what this bloke wants from the club must be completely blind, in fact, "blind" just doesn't do it justice at all.

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

Really ? Shame I am right then. Successful clubs spend big money, because they need to buy the best players, like it or not. Fuck me, this is like teaching someone to suck eggs.

But how does that related to what youve just quoted? Time for you to ties yourself in knots again and ignore all points made to you. You still haven't shown me when I suggested we'd be in the Champions League under Ashley. Are you going to respond to these simplest of questions/points or are you going to carry on making yourself look like the thickest of thick twats? Because when you are unable to provide answers to things people ask you, and keep on saying the same fucking thing, you just look like a fucking nutjob mate, and that's a serious criticism, I'm not just taaking the piss here.

Fookin' prawns!

you mean the Halls and Shepherd ? Do you know where we were when they took over the club ? When do you think someone will come in and match their european and Champions League qualifications, and growth of the club, as you appear to think they were so useless ?

Again, this bears absolutely no relevance to Mike Ashley or the club he bought. Pointless statement. Pointing out that you have a stiffy for what the old board did in the 90s is infuckinggoddamnsignificant to Ashley, the players from the 90s, the manager from the 90s, the economic situation in the 90s, the big fuck off turd that John Hall took after agreeing to expand the ground, all of it - were gone in 2007. Can you not see what an idiot you look?

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

But how does that related to what youve just quoted? Time for you to ties yourself in knots again and ignore all points made to you. You still haven't shown me when I suggested we'd be in the Champions League under Ashley. Are you going to respond to these simplest of questions/points or are you going to carry on making yourself look like the thickest of thick twats? Because when you are unable to provide answers to things people ask you, and keep on saying the same fucking thing, you just look like a fucking nutjob mate, and that's a serious criticism, I'm not just taaking the piss here.

what progress ? you mean talking 4 steps backwards and 2 steps forwards again ? We are miles away from the champions league and european qualifications, and expectations accordingly, we got used to. You're fucking dumb. This week has still taught you nothing at all.

The club is not geared to success or in terms of consistently attaining high league positions and attempt to play regularly in europe ? Understand ?

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

Gamble ? He's 4 years into his "plan". Anybody who STILL can't see what this bloke wants from the club must be completely blind, in fact, "blind" just doesn't do it justice at all.

Not all plans work. Like Shepherd's plan to buy Owen and Luque to get us back into europe.

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

what progress ? you mean talking 4 steps backwards and 2 steps forwards again ? We are miles away from the champions league and european qualifications, and expectations accordingly, we got used to. You're fucking dumb. This week has still taught you nothing at all.

The club is not geared to success or in terms of consistently attaining high league positions and attempt to play regularly in europe ? Understand ?

I don't even know what you're on about here. Are you responding to what I wrote or not? Go take your fucking pills I've had enough or trying to decipher you.

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

Not all plans work. Like Shepherd's plan to buy Owen and Luque to get us back into europe.

But other "plans" before that did.

Mike Ashley's "plan" to get promotion worked, but he had to get relegated first :D He's only got 1 season and half to get into the Champions League, because if that wasn't his "plan", what was it ? ;)

Fookin' prawns!

know exactly where we were, I'm nearly as old as you for fucks sake. They did a great job initially but when SJh stepped back the bubble burst, we had our time and we blew it. We're paying for it now and it's going to be a slow climb back

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

I don't even know what you're on about here. Are you responding to what I wrote or not? Go take your fucking pills I've had enough or trying to decipher you.

go back 2 days, and where the events of yesterday were predicted by another poster. Your reply was "fuck off you dribbling wreck"

Daft lad. One day you will learn. :D

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

But other "plans" before that did.

Mike Ashley's "plan" to get promotion worked, but he had to get relegated first :D He's only got 1 season and half to get into the Champions League, because if that wasn't his "plan", what was it ? ;)

Shame they didn't plan to win a trophy then.

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

go back 2 days, and where the events of yesterday were predicted by another poster. Your reply was "fuck off you dribbling wreck"

35 million you silly old cunt, NO CUNT that hasn't been in the Champions League for this long has EVER turned down a bid of that size. Prove otherwise and you have a point.

Fookin' prawns!

know exactly where we were, I'm nearly as old as you for fucks sake. They did a great job initially but when SJh stepped back the bubble burst, we had our time and we blew it. We're paying for it now and it's going to be a slow climb back

you mean you are aware we nearly went into administration ?

We would not have been relegated under the Halls and Shepherd, and so it would not have been such a "slow climb back". We will not "climb back" under Mike Ashley, because he does not have the ambition nor does he want to show the ambition. So your idealistic view is futile. It will not happen because he isn't prepared to take the risks, instead he is presiding over a club with revenues and gates tumbling, which only means competing at an even lower level. Liverpool have the right idea by the way, they proved it yesterday, they will get into the Champions League long before any club owned by Mike Ashley.

To engineer a sale.

No Idea

35 million you silly old cunt, NO CUNT that hasn't been in the Champions League for this long has EVER turned down a bid of that size. Prove otherwise and you have a point.

Valencia took 34 mill for David Villa, what does that say about 35 mill for Carroll

Fookin' prawns!

We would not have been relegated under the Halls and Shepherd, and so it would not have been such a "slow climb back". We will not "climb back" under Mike Ashley, because he does not have the ambition nor does he want to show the ambition. So your idealistic view is futile. It will not happen because he isn't prepared to take the risks, instead he is presiding over a club with revenues and gates tumbling, which only means competing at an even lower level. Liverpool have the right idea by the way, they proved it yesterday, they will get into the Champions League long before any club owned by Mike Ashley.

Jul 2006 Garra Dembele FWD Auxerre

On Trial

Jul 2006 Michael Morrison DEF Cambridge United

On Trial

Jul 2006 David Templeton FWD Stenhousemuir

On Trial

Jul 2006 Damien Duff MID Chelsea

£5m

Aug 2006 Paul Huntington DEF Plymouth

Trial ended

Aug 2006 Obafemi Martins FWD Inter Milan

£10.14m

Aug 2006 Wael Gomaa DEF Al-Ahly

On Trial

Aug 2006 Giuseppe Rossi FWD Manchester United

4 month loan

Aug 2006 Antoine Sibierski MID Manchester City

fee tbc

Sep 2006 Olivier Bernard DEF Rangers

free

Sep 2006 Pavel Srnicek DEF Unattached

4 month deal

Dec 2006 Pierre Boya FWD Partizan Belgrade

Trial

Jan 2007 Oguchi Onyewu DEF Standard Liege

4 month loan

Feb 2007 Lee Kerr FWD Whitley Bay

Trial

Apr 2007 Erol Bulut DEF Olympiakos

Trial

Shepherd/Hall's last two transfer windows. Full of trial's, loans and even Duff is 'basement bargain' in line with your comments about Ben Arfa. We sold £7.5m worth of players that summer too, as well as Shearer retiring. We were definitely heading towards the top four like a freight train like, weren't we Leazes :D

Fookin' prawns!

Jul 2006 Garra Dembele FWD Auxerre

On Trial

Jul 2006 Michael Morrison DEF Cambridge United

On Trial

Jul 2006 David Templeton FWD Stenhousemuir

On Trial

Jul 2006 Damien Duff MID Chelsea

£5m

Aug 2006 Paul Huntington DEF Plymouth

Trial ended

Aug 2006 Obafemi Martins FWD Inter Milan

£10.14m

Aug 2006 Wael Gomaa DEF Al-Ahly

On Trial

Aug 2006 Giuseppe Rossi FWD Manchester United

4 month loan

Aug 2006 Antoine Sibierski MID Manchester City

fee tbc

Sep 2006 Olivier Bernard DEF Rangers

free

Sep 2006 Pavel Srnicek DEF Unattached

4 month deal

Dec 2006 Pierre Boya FWD Partizan Belgrade

Trial

Jan 2007 Oguchi Onyewu DEF Standard Liege

4 month loan

Feb 2007 Lee Kerr FWD Whitley Bay

Trial

Apr 2007 Erol Bulut DEF Olympiakos

Trial

Shepherd/Hall's last two transfer windows. Full of trial's, loans and even Duff is 'basement bargain' in line with your comments about Ben Arfa. We sold £7.5m worth of players that summer too, as well as Shearer retiring. We were definitely heading towards the top four like a freight train like, weren't we Leazes :D

That's Leazes problem, he thinks we were in the champions league when we Freddy left !!!

BTW, shame we hadn't held onto Templeton, canny little player now