Right to sell Andy Carroll?

trophyshy

Too good to refuse or a lost opportunity?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He'd have hypothetically gone through with a deal to try and appease the fans with a bloke he knew wouldn't do business with him? I suppose it's possible :D

Seeing as the FCB will spend as little as humanly possibly in the summer its a shite deal indeed. To be honest this is the worst set of "Strikers" we have had since I started to watch the toon nearly 50 years ago.

If we stay up it will be more due to the uselessness of other Teams than the skill of Pardew. What really boils my piss is that I slated the scum for selling Bent in the transfer window and fuck me if Fatty did not screw us all over with only hours to go.

F'kin ell get Paul Cannell

people said £15mill was crazy when we bought Shearer.

Was he poor value?

Carroll is not Shearer and never will be. I'd say also he's been quite average in half the games he's played this season, it's not like he's been this unstoppable force in every game.

Shearer hardly was either. In fact he was quiet in a lot of games but was always good for a goal.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Totally the wrong decision, 35m is a lot of money but we have to ask the question, what did NUFC need more, 35m or a 20 goal a season striker ? The answer is easy.

Some might argue that we could buy a replacement, I disagree, there are very few players in the world who could fill Carroll's boots and then factor in the difficulty of attracting a player of that stature to NUFC.

It's simply impossible.

Agree with this.

Got it in one. Agree with all points.

Edited by pertoon

A good deal if £35m is spent on players transfer fees.

A GREAT deal if it brings an end to this fat bastard's ownership of our great club. Just think: at the end of the season, he has pocketed the PL money (fingers crossed we stay up) and the £35m for Carroll. If some purchaser came in with a reasonable offer he might just take the money and run.

However, I don't see either of the above happening so it's a shit deal.

this poll without the 'Ashley is a mug option' telling a slightly different story to Stevie's which is about 50/50

does this demonstrate how easily influenced people are?

I have a feeling AC will end up back at the club in the future for a fraction of the cost, a much improved England international and will have a conscious effort of firing us to champions league glory with a cracking side which was primarily built from the money his ridiculous transfer generated just 5 mere years before.

I have a feeling AC will end up back at the club in the future for a fraction of the cost, a much improved England international and will have a conscious effort of firing us to champions league glory with a cracking side which was primarily built from the money his ridiculous transfer generated just 5 mere years before.

It'll be 3 years, he can buy himself out for £9.75 million then under that former Hearts player rule.

Totally the wrong decision, 35m is a lot of money but we have to ask the question, what did NUFC need more, 35m or a 20 goal a season striker ? The answer is easy.

Some might argue that we could buy a replacement, I disagree, there are very few players in the world who could fill Carroll's boots and then factor in the difficulty of attracting a player of that stature to NUFC.

It's simply impossible.

Agree with this.

Got it in one. Agree with all points.

When's he scored 20 goals ??? It's £35 million guaranteed against potentially a 20 goal a season striker who wanted to go.

It'll be 3 years, he can buy himself out for £9.75 million then under that former Hearts player rule.

Would be hilarious, the Scousers would be seething :D

Even better!

Seeing as the FCB will spend as little as humanly possibly in the summer its a shite deal indeed. To be honest this is the worst set of "Strikers" we have had since I started to watch the toon nearly 50 years ago.

If we stay up it will be more due to the uselessness of other Teams than the skill of Pardew. What really boils my piss is that I slated the scum for selling Bent in the transfer window and fuck me if Fatty did not screw us all over with only hours to go.

Paul Cannell that was a good first post

He's a player [with his attributes & age factored in] you can build an attacking structure around for a decade. With the right supporting cast around [everybody here knows my opinion of Suarez, and the potential ceiling of their new big-small strike partnership] him they're back on track to re-establishing themselves as forceful player in the league's top echelon, something the current ownership & brainstrust should have been attempting to mirror. The acquisition on Liverpool's part is justafied, and when looking at today's market & his potential worth to the overall benefit of their team structure [using the timeframe mentioned above] so to is the fee..

Edited by Year Zero

Paul Cannell that was a good first post

One of my favourite ever commentary moments from ye olde days when Cannell was a sub. On Shoot (highlight programme on a Sunday) Wolstenhome (I think it was) famously said at one point "And the Newcastle fans are shouting For Cannell" - you've got to say it to get it

• 3 weeks later...