£20Million out of the £35mil for players

KeithJ

Doing the maths on the Andy Carroll transfer fee and listening to Alan Pardews comments that it will be used for fees and wages for the players, it looks like Newcastle have £20million to play with.

This is adjudging for 3 players on a £30k a week contract for the average lifespan of a player at a club (Averaging around 2.5-3 years)

I personally think your going to see money spent on youngsters this summer in the hope of unearthing the next Walcott, Bale, etc.

I am hopeful we will go down the route of getting a few more "Tiote" signings.

Maybe that young Lakaku lad, if he hasnt already been snapped up by one of the big boys.

Anyone have a few suspiscions on who we might bring in?

Doing the maths on the Andy Carroll transfer fee and listening to Alan Pardews comments that it will be used for fees and wages for the players, it looks like Newcastle have £20million to play with.

This is adjudging for 3 players on a £30k a week contract for the average lifespan of a player at a club (Averaging around 2.5-3 years)

I personally think your going to see money spent on youngsters this summer in the hope of unearthing the next Walcott, Bale, etc.

I am hopeful we will go down the route of getting a few more "Tiote" signings.

Maybe that young Lakaku lad, if he hasnt already been snapped up by one of the big boys.

Anyone have a few suspiscions on who we might bring in?

Does this take in to account wages of players already at the club and how much will go towards their costs between now and the summer? Or is that throwing another spanner in the works?

No, I assume the Carroll fee reflects only on new players we acquire with the £35mil.

However assuming Wayne Routaledge goes along with Xisco, then we may have more play with it.

The spanner in the works if Ashley gets the player to sign a 5 year deal, he wont see the average life and probably take another £3mil in to account for the another two years wages.

Lakuka looks a good bet and judging by his stats, he could replace Andy Carroll. His goals and assist ratio are similiar HOWEVER thats only in the Belgian league. We all got to start somewhere though!

No, I assume the Carroll fee reflects only on new players we acquire with the £35mil.

However assuming Wayne Routaledge goes along with Xisco, then we may have more play with it.

The spanner in the works if Ashley gets the player to sign a 5 year deal, he wont see the average life and probably take another £3mil in to account for the another two years wages.

Lakuka looks a good bet and judging by his stats, he could replace Andy Carroll. His goals and assist ratio are similiar HOWEVER thats only in the Belgian league. We all got to start somewhere though!

Then sell him on after a couple of years and keep the money that would have been spent on their wages

Possibly Jon but work with me here! :D

If the Carroll fee will be reinvested in the club I suspect it will be used to pay the electricity bill and wages before a penny is spent on new players.

Derek Llambias quoted in The Sun, Wednesday:

"We didn't push Andy Carroll out, far from it - he asked to go. The fact is Mike Ashley didn't want to sell him, it's not like he needs the money is it? And remember we turned down bids of £30m and then £35m from Liverpool.

"That's serious money for a 22-year-old with only six months' experience in the Premier League. But finally Mike's point of view was the player's put in a transfer request, so what can we do?

"Andy was already earning top money at the club after signing a new deal recently.

"But he said he'd been offered £80,000-a-week from Liverpool and asked what we would pay to make him stay. We told him the club just couldn't afford to give him a deal like that, nothing close.

"And when we said 'No' - well, that's when he put in his transfer request. Yes, he went in our helicopter. But the sooner the deal was done the sooner we could make our own moves in the transfer market. It was already very late.

"We will spend in the summer. Every penny of the £35m will stay in the club."

Spotted this on .com.

Slight discrepancy between the two bits in bold iyam.

"We didn't push Andy Carroll out, far from it - he asked to go. The fact is Mike Ashley didn't want to sell him, it's not like he needs the money is it? And remember we turned down bids of £30m and then £35m from Liverpool.

"That's serious money for a 22-year-old with only six months' experience in the Premier League. But finally Mike's point of view was the player's put in a transfer request, so what can we do?

"Andy was already earning top money at the club after signing a new deal recently.

"But he said he'd been offered £80,000-a-week from Liverpool and asked what we would pay to make him stay. We told him the club just couldn't afford to give him a deal like that, nothing close.

"And when we said 'No' - well, that's when he put in his transfer request. Yes, he went in our helicopter. But the sooner the deal was done the sooner we could make our own moves in the transfer market. It was already very late.

Spotted this on .com.

Fucking toilet paper innit, he's literally not arsed what kind of shit comes out of his mouth. It's actually quite intriguing to watch someone who is as far detached from any form of accountability as he is just because of how bizarre it is.

Quote from the Journal this morning on the Reinvestment article

Ashley has given “assurances” all £35m will be available and the supporters will hold him to account if any goes unspent. “I said to Mike, ‘Look, if that boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team. All of it’. He assured me of that.

“That money will be used. It could not be used (on Monday) night, we made a couple of bids and were quoted extortionate figures.

“It would have been playing over-inflated prices for a lesser product than Andy Carroll. So unfortunately, as I sit here now, I am weaker than I was yesterday. The fees and salaries will be included in that figure of £35m.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastl.../#ixzz1CoLR1jNG

Spotted this on .com.

Fucking toilet paper innit, he's literally not arsed what kind of shit comes out of his mouth. It's actually quite intriguing to watch someone who is as far detached from any form of accountability as he is just because of how bizarre it is.

Ok, im having a thick day judging by the "brains" of the board understanding this and not me.

Isnt the first bold bit stating that we didnt need the fee and the second bold bit saying we wernt going to fuck up the clubs wage structure for one player???????

Be gentle.

Spotted this on .com.

There's a massive difference between needing money in (selling Carroll) and paying money out (paying him more).

Lets face it Carroll knew he would be offered more to leave and we rightly wouldn't match it. Why should the club increase a players wage because someone wants to buy him. We dont get to put them down when they turn out to be shite, do we Alan :D

I can imagine his agent seeking to renegotiate his terms and Ashley saying, why would we do that!?

It sounds a lot like the Milner saga. We have to have a wage structure and players can't jump up the ladder as it sets a bad precedence.

Spotted this on .com.

Ok, im having a thick day judging by the "brains" of the board understanding this and not me.

Isnt the first bold bit stating that we didnt need the fee and the second bold bit saying we wernt going to fuck up the clubs wage structure for one player???????

Be gentle.

That's my interpretation of it.

The transfer request is the key to this whole saga. While i dont like or trust Dekka. A transfer request in writing is pretty clear - he wanted to talk to Liverpool.

I'm not advocating the tearing up of a wage structure for one player. However there's a clear discrepancy between someone pointing out the billionaire owner of the club is so well off he can easily turn down £35m then in the same breath saying the same bloke can't afford to give Carroll a pay rise anything like what Liverpool were offering him.

Spotted this on .com.

Be gentle.

That's my interpretation of it.

The transfer request is the key to this whole saga. While i dont like or trust Dekka. A transfer request in writing is pretty clear - he wanted to talk to Liverpool.

Him handing that request in was massive (and gutting) news for me but seemed to be brushed off by a lot of people as insignificant.

I agree with you fwiw.

The more telling discrepancy for me is saying on the one hand Mike Ashley doesnt need the money and then on the other hand Newcastle United can't afford to offer that sort of money. It makes incomings sound like a personal slush fund for Mike Ashley and outgoings sound like a burden that Newcastle United has to finance.

The more telling discrepancy for me is saying on the one hand Mike Ashley doesnt need the money and then on the other hand Newcastle United can't afford to offer that sort of money. It makes incomings sound like a personal slush fund for Mike Ashley and outgoings sound like a burden that Newcastle United has to finance.

Aye, I picked up on that as well and its blatantly going against comments about money all going back into the club. I put that down to Llambias being an absolute retard in situations where he speaks to the media though. Or not giving a fuck. Or both.

I'm not advocating the tearing up of a wage structure for one player. However there's a clear discrepancy between someone pointing out the billionaire owner of the club is so well off he can easily turn down £35m then in the same breath saying the same bloke can't afford to give Carroll a pay rise anything like what Liverpool were offering him.

Slight discrepancy between the two bits in bold iyam. :D

Slight discrepancy between the two bits in bold iyam. :D

I deliberately said 'a' rather than 'the' wage structure because our wage structure is a recipe for mediocrity. In principle a decent wage structure is a good thing, a la Spurs.

It sounds a lot like the Milner saga. We have to have a wage structure and players can't jump up the ladder as it sets a bad precedence.

It's a hell of a lot like the Milner saga - sell one of our best players to one of our close rivals for a massive fee moments before the window shuts despite the manager stating only days before that he definitely wouldn't be sold. Then the fans being few the bollocks that there wasn't time to get a replacement in but we did try...

History has repeated itself and our trousers are round our ankles once more. Meanwhile fatty has netted almost £50m from the sale of two players who should have been instrumental to the core of this football club.

If the Carroll fee will be reinvested in the club I suspect it will be used to pay the electricity bill and wages before a penny is spent on new players.

The electricity bill is covered mate, Mike Ashley has set up bicycle generators for the squad to power the club's facilities, Shola does most of the work.

Almost believable it was the shola doing most of the work that made it suspect :D