Clubs

Southern Geordie

Are clubs good?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Student night is cheap as out. £3 quid max to get in, and its usually 2 quid for a drink.

Went to Beach in sunderland last night. Music was shit, although some classics like livin on a prayer came on . 50p a shot of sambuca, although some lass did collapse and it looked canny bad like.

7963[/snapback]

;)

7964[/snapback]

B) Nah it's a class song when your pissed though. Pretty average when your not.

7966[/snapback]

I bet you love 'Walkin on Sunshine' by Katrina and the Waves too :second:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Student night is cheap as out. £3 quid max to get in, and its usually 2 quid for a drink.

Went to Beach in sunderland last night. Music was shit, although some classics like livin on a prayer came on . 50p a shot of sambuca, although some lass did collapse and it looked canny bad like.

7963[/snapback]

;)

7964[/snapback]

B) Nah it's a class song when your pissed though. Pretty average when your not.

7966[/snapback]

I bet you love 'Walkin on Sunshine' by Katrina and the Waves too :second:

7967[/snapback]

Dunno what that is!

Dunno what that is!

7970[/snapback]

Haway Mark, get with it.

'I used to think maybe you loved me...'

Ask the DJ next you're in, the lasses will be on you like crabs.

7971[/snapback]

I probably wont go back in. I prefer charved out clubs. I'm not a charv I just like dance music when I'm out.

I probably wont go back in. I prefer charved out clubs. I'm not a charv I just like dance music when I'm out.

7973[/snapback]

Alright Mark?

chav.jpg

;)

7973[/snapback]

Alright Mark?

chav.jpg

;)

7985[/snapback]

How the fuck you got a picture of me ?!

• 5 years later...

Me and Chez have touched on this before, and one of my mates used to always say he'd only have a good night in a club if he was on a pill. I reckon up to the age of 22, I used to enjoy the clubbin crack, but as you get older you realise you're hammered by the time you get in, it's hard to hear anyone, good if you're single and get a shag but meaningful conversation goes out of the window. I haven't been clubbing for a long time, I'm not a huge fan, I used to do lots of drugs but stopped now. This year our Christmas Do is in China Whites in London, I've heard the name so it must be canny famous like, anyone been? Bit of a dilemma for me too, my manager is a complete drugs fanatic he makes Shaun Ryder look like Mother Theresa, he was a junkie up till about 10 years ago he's 39 now, and every week he gets fuckin off his nut on a Wednesday night with his mates. Now he's telling me his mission for the night is to get half the company on this powder MDMA. I've had no pills for 8 years, no coke and I'll have to travel back to Newcastle the next day, got visions of myself ending up like Mark Renton the next day. Has anyone had this? Anyone been to China Whites?

Edited by WDP

I was with a mate a few years ago who was quite well connected. We had just left Cafe Royale and trying to find a taxi home when the bouncers (who knew him) were trying to intice us into CW with the lure of a few minor celebrities but tbh I couldn't have been fucked.

Just like the few other 'celebrity' clubs I've been to in London, they try to put on a strict entrance policy in order to attract a crowd while never actually enforcing it with the lure of 'celebrities'. Famous or not you'll rarely meet these twats and even if they do they're boring as fuck.

As for MDMA, predictably I've never touched the stuff but had a few mates who have and thought it was like a light version of ecstasy. I dunno whether they weren't taking enough but that's what they thought.

I was with a mate a few years ago who was quite well connected. We had just left Cafe Royale and trying to find a taxi home when the bouncers (who knew him) were trying to intice us into CW with the lure of a few minor celebrities but tbh I couldn't have been fucked.

Just like the few other 'celebrity' clubs I've been to in London, they try to put on a strict entrance policy in order to attract a crowd while never actually enforcing it with the lure of 'celebrities'. Famous or not you'll rarely meet these twats and even if they do they're boring as fuck.

As for MDMA, predictably I've never touched the stuff but had a few mates who have and thought it was like a light version of ecstasy. I dunno whether they weren't taking enough but that's what they thought.

Aye you're right about celebrity clubs in past years we've been to "Movida" which is the one where Crouch had his top off and got photographed. Straight up last time I was in there I was talking to someone they heard my accent and this bloke and his wife came up to me and went "I recognise you did you used to play for Noocarseww". I was like aye Under 11's.

The clubs in Ibiza do seem amazing though I have to say, some of them it looks like the Gallowgate in the 80's.

Last time I bothered with a 'cele'b clubs was Mahiki about two years ago, because I was staying nearby. The only cunt I recognised in the place was Scott Sinclair, he was round about the standard you could expect during the week in that sort of club.

My mate used to go to China Whites in the late 90s but he's a mug. Never been myself but i'd imagine the blart is decent. If you're dabbing mud Stevie its not like dropping a pill, you have a small bit at a time. His mission sounds like a good idea, just dont get caught red-handed spiking any birds, they'll think he's a rapist. Not sure its the sort of place people take anything other than coke either. If you do get fucked just dont take your top off or owt like that, probably not the done thing.

Anyway, i was never into shite places like that when i lived there. Fabric, The End, Plastic People, The Cross, Neighbourhood, Cherry Jam and the NH Arts centre. Always on the persians.

was in Fabric Twice and preferred it to China Whites but the times I was in Fabric was to see two specific bands I like whereas the China Whites incident was just a case of being in London and looking for something to do, was too pissed when I got there to enjoy it.

was never fussed on them either,

the odd indie/rock one but not the stereotypical type, too many pretentious wankers.

Definitely nowadays but back in the early 90s clubs weren't like that, they were the underground of youth culture. Two songs for me encapsulated the cultural change. Happy Mondays released Wrote for luck, which crossed-over fans of indie music into the burgeoning dance scene. About 3 years later, Nirvana released the piss taking Smells Like Teen Spirit. About that time indie music took a new direction (Oasis etc in the UK) For the next 5 years, house and techno was truly the underground alternative music which was why you saw so many ex punks (Leftfield etc) dominating the scene. For a while indie bands had bigger promotional campaigns in mix-mag than the NME.

Then dance went pop and clubs went shit.

I subscribe to the Jason Manford theory that in your twenties you go looking for the clubs with the most totty in them, but once you get to your thirties you're after one wear you know you'll be able to get a seat.

I very occasionally go to an indie club, but other than that I prefer late bars / gigs / restaurants.

was never fussed on them either,

the odd indie/rock one but not the stereotypical type, too many pretentious wankers.

Definitely nowadays but back in the early 90s clubs weren't like that, they were the underground of youth culture. Two songs for me encapsulated the cultural change. Happy Mondays released Wrote for luck, which crossed-over fans of indie music into the burgeoning dance scene. About 3 years later, Nirvana released the piss taking Smells Like Teen Spirit. About that time indie music took a new direction (Oasis etc in the UK) For the next 5 years, house and techno was truly the underground alternative music which was why you saw so many ex punks (Leftfield etc) dominating the scene. For a while indie bands had bigger promotional campaigns in mix-mag than the NME.

Then dance went pop and clubs went shit.

You use to speak the truth, but now you're liar

You use to speak the truth, but now you're clever

:icon_lol: Good times

My mate used to go to China Whites in the late 90s but he's a mug. Never been myself but i'd imagine the blart is decent. If you're dabbing mud Stevie its not like dropping a pill, you have a small bit at a time. His mission sounds like a good idea, just dont get caught red-handed spiking any birds, they'll think he's a rapist. Not sure its the sort of place people take anything other than coke either. If you do get fucked just dont take your top off or owt like that, probably not the done thing.

Anyway, i was never into shite places like that when i lived there. Fabric, The End, Plastic People, The Cross, Neighbourhood, Cherry Jam and the NH Arts centre. Always on the persians.

If The Cross was the smaller of those two clubs next to each other, the one with the brick arches I used to love it in there. Peach@the Leisure Lounge and Love Muscle were my other regular haunts.

If The Cross was the smaller of those two clubs next to each other, the one with the brick arches I used to love it in there. Peach@the Leisure Lounge and Love Muscle were my other regular haunts.

Right next to Kings cross, there were all sorts of venues around there. They used to do a mini-festival thing in that whole area. Cant remember the name of it now. The cross was the one with loads of smallish rooms connected by brick arches. I've got an old photo of me at the cross from about 8 years ago, on first look its me with a bottle of champagne in each hand, silly glasses and a cigarette cooly balanced in the side of my mouth. On closer inspection you can see that both eyes are looking in different directions, the tab isnt lit and i've got sick/dribble on my chin and t-shirt.

Love Muscle? Meenzer will know it i'm sure.

• 1 month later...
Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Went to that world famous China Whites last neet doon here, it was areet like, we had a hostess like a proper hostess. God only knows how much our table cost but she was model material no one could take their eyes off her. Apart from that it much like I expected didn't see anyone famous apart from some yank singer who I can't even remember the name of which doesn't count as far as am concerned but aye it was areet. I wouldnt pay £50 to get in or whatever it costs like. Had a gram and half of toot first time for years was canny like but that's me last time, the thing is down here literally every fucka is on it, and I mean everyone and it's just false confidence I was havin a canny neet without it. My lesbian colleague wants me to move here and move in with her, I was like aye right oh, I'd rather move in with The Fish (nee offence Fish). Aye though it's areet once in a while clubbin down here, like three times a year. Some gay bloke tried to tap me as well I was like just yee howld on there a minute.

Went to that world famous China Whites last neet doon here, it was areet like, we had a hostess like a proper hostess. God only knows how much our table cost but she was model material no one could take their eyes off her. Apart from that it much like I expected didn't see anyone famous apart from some yank singer who I can't even remember the name of which doesn't count as far as am concerned but aye it was areet. I wouldnt pay £50 to get in or whatever it costs like. Had a gram and half of toot first time for years was canny like but that's me last time, the thing is down here literally every fucka is on it, and I mean everyone and it's just false confidence I was havin a canny neet without it. My lesbian colleague wants me to move here and move in with her, I was like aye right oh, I'd rather move in with The Fish (nee offence Fish). Aye though it's areet once in a while clubbin down here, like three times a year. Some gay bloke tried to tap me as well I was like just yee howld on there a minute.

Probably the best post of 2010 tbh.