Would you take relegation

As the title says  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Relegation is never a good thing, and in our case losing the current spine of the team [notably Enrique, Collo & Nolan - on the back of a season's worth of top flight exposure] in the Summer would be disastrous for a second tilt at promotion. It wouldn't be a case of '2nd time lucky', by that i mean having a strong spine out on the pitch, a spine which is a cut above what is a mostly top-bottom balanced but ultimately poor division.

A choice of the lesser of two evils, obviously - that is treading water in the top flight under Ashley, & relegation. But if a second relegation meant the club becomming more accessible [more affordable] for a consortium [lets say with Shepherd on the ticket, Fletcher ideally as well] with the right intentions/ambition & with some financial clout in tow, it/relegation becomes a more palatable scenario. A backthought i've never contemplated entertaining.

Edited by Year Zero

I think another relegation would fuck us, we managed to hold onto Collo, Enrique, Barton etc because they weren't the standout's in our team then (Beye, Bassong etc were). I think if we go down now we'd lose them and then it'd be Simpson, Taylor, Williamson, Perch as the back 4 (provided they even stay). People stuck with us last time due to either their low marketability or a belief that we could genuinely turn it round and get back up and stay up, going back down again the year after promotion does away with that belief and we've got no one behind the players we have now that could come good.

Edit; In response to the main question though I guess it would depend on who replaced him, if it was some big billionaire man city style consortium that would hoy money about, or a bloke/consortium that really had the club and fans best interests at heart then maybe it'd be worth it if he was 100% guaranteed gone.

Edited by Barton7

In part this seems to pre-suppose a Saudi/Chinese billionaire replacement spunking their own money about, because Newcastle deserve that because we're a 'big' club. I don't know how realistic that is tbh. One things for sure, it can't be done on the back of debt finance like in past times.

I'd like to see the back of him more on principle simply because he's a lying, piss taking cunt. I don't necessarily see that as pre cursor to an inevitable upturn in our fortunes however, it's just that I can't stand his or Llambias' shit eating grins.

Edited by manc-mag

Barton7 is spot on. Going down a second time means you really are left with the dross. Hypothetically 'yes' but hypothetically I wouldn't mind knobbing Kelly Brook or winning the lottery.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I couldn't cope with another season in the CCC. Fucking things were going reasonably this season till he started his megolamaniac pish sacking Hughton, it's all unravelling now, last night was worse than the WBA performance by far. We need someone new in but we're less attractive to any buyers in the CCC, and we'd probably still piss it even if we lost loads of players, it was too easy, I don't want it again.

Barton7 is spot on. Going down a second time means you really are left with the dross. Hypothetically 'yes' but hypothetically I wouldn't mind knobbing Kelly Brook or winning the lottery.

I wouldn't think staying up will make that much difference. The only reason Jose, Colo and Barton didn't leave before is because we didn't get offers for them. Anybody who can be sold for a decent price will be - same as it's been since Milner

I wouldn't think staying up will make that much difference. The only reason Jose, Colo and Barton didn't leave before is because we didn't get offers for them. Anybody who can be sold for a decent price will be - same as it's been since Milner

True enough. They'd probably get those offers for those now though for the reasons B7 mentioned.

Getting relegated again would be an unmitigated disaster, we were lucky last season, I don't see a quick bounce back the season after with the squad as it is. Although squabbling about and just avoiding relegation year-in, year-out with these cunts in control doesn't sound any better either.

The club is fucked. Sorry, but that's just my take on it all. I'll still support the club though and hope for a fucking miracle... ... ...

Hughton was very good at getting good performances out of the lads and we had an excellent target man.

Both now gone and we have a manager who takes teams down, I think we are in rather deep shit.

Edited by trophyshy

We got lucky, very lucky, with the way things went last time we got relegated. We won't get that lucky again.

Last time there were a few who were prepared to give it one season in the Championship, they won't be so keen to do the same this time round.

Depends who comes in. We couldn't wait to shift Freddy out but in retrospect many would rather have him than FMA, who's to say the next owner wont be even worse/tighter? If we went down we will lose our the likes of Colo/Jose/Barton/Tiote/Barfa this time for sure and if they weren't adequately replaced we would be stuck down in the fizzy pop league for a while.

Ashley bought the club on a whim he thought other millionaires own football clubs so i will get one. He stuck a pin in a map and we drew the short straw.

To be totally fair the finances of the club were in dire straits and there is a very good chance we would have gone bankrupt. Ashley has largely sorted this out and has put a lot of his own money in, if it were you would yo have done the same?

BUT As to where he has gone wrong well where do you begin no point in repeating it all as we all know the answers to that one. He should have bought in local experience somebody or some group that knew the club or as many of us want bought in supporters groups.

Instead he just bought the club and went into everything blind and the consequences have been well we all know the answer to that one as well.

If he has a shred of decency he should sell the club as soon as TO SOMEBODY WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING or let a group like NUST in to tell him what to do before its too late.

I reckon we will JUST avoid rellegation this time round because there will be three teams worse but i am not putting any money on it and i reckon if we do stay up this season then we will definatly go down next season.

We have now got a team that would struggle in the Coca cola league let alone the championship. If any of the money from Andy Carrols transfer is spent it will be on unknown foreign players or has been / reject players the likes of Arsenal or Manure dont want lets face it they arent going to sell us a decent player thats our job to sell to them Bellamy Milner etc. We have NO chance of getting a replacement of Carrolls standard unless we can find an up and coming player in the lower leagues.

PLEASE let there be somebody out ther who can rescue our club.

Double-dip relegation would absolutely destroy us. And those who stuck by us last time out would fuck off.

No guarantee that it'd get rid of Ashley too so no.

What's really fucking frustrating is that overall, it seem to have done us good to spend a year in the Championship and up until we sacked Hughton we were moving along better than any of us could expect. Trust fatty to put spoil to that one :lol:

Ashley bought the club on a whim he thought other millionaires own football clubs so i will get one. He stuck a pin in a map and we drew the short straw.

To be totally fair the finances of the club were in dire straits and there is a very good chance we would have gone bankrupt. Ashley has largely sorted this out and has put a lot of his own money in, if it were you would yo have done the same?

BUT As to where he has gone wrong well where do you begin no point in repeating it all as we all know the answers to that one. He should have bought in local experience somebody or some group that knew the club or as many of us want bought in supporters groups.

Instead he just bought the club and went into everything blind and the consequences have been well we all know the answer to that one as well.

If he has a shred of decency he should sell the club as soon as TO SOMEBODY WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING or let a group like NUST in to tell him what to do before its too late.

I reckon we will JUST avoid rellegation this time round because there will be three teams worse but i am not putting any money on it and i reckon if we do stay up this season then we will definatly go down next season.

We have now got a team that would struggle in the Coca cola league let alone the championship. If any of the money from Andy Carrols transfer is spent it will be on unknown foreign players or has been / reject players the likes of Arsenal or Manure dont want lets face it they arent going to sell us a decent player thats our job to sell to them Bellamy Milner etc. We have NO chance of getting a replacement of Carrolls standard unless we can find an up and coming player in the lower leagues.

:lol::icon_lol::):( :( :(:nufc::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol::icon_lol::):( :( :(:nufc::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For once I'm in agreement with CT. I wouldn't trust that lot with emptying the bins.

For once I'm in agreement with CT. I wouldn't trust that lot with emptying the bins.

no disagreement here like :lol: