Ben Arfa

Deano

I think he will probably play as lone striker with Nolan in the hole or vice versa.

Before the striker crisis he probably would of played on the left in place for Jonas but now i think we will need his pace and trickery even more upfront.

Amazed if he plays this season but regardless, I would like him to have the freedom of the attacking middle to go wherever he wants. A see him as a Beardsley type who can either set people up but also score stunning goals himself.

Who he plays with will depend on what happens in the summer. Hopefully somebody decent to lead the attack. (sickening to be typing that).

So true. It would take him being more than half decent for manure to come in and buy him for the 10m+ that Cashley would be holding out for.

I think he will probably play as lone striker with Nolan in the hole or vice versa.

Before the striker crisis he probably would of played on the left in place for Jonas but now i think we will need his pace and trickery even more upfront.

I doubt either of them could play the lone striker role, even as effectively as Best. It's also takng an effective player out of another role to the detriment of the side imo.

if he was fit now you'd have to stick him up front such is the lack of options. at least he's got a bit of pace. ideally he'd be buzzing around off a target man or out wide.

At 5 foot 8 and about 10 stone he's not exactly lone striker material is he?

Neither Ranger or Best can play in the lone striker role. They are inexperienced and have a habit of hiding in games for patches.

We should look to win games in midfield, its clearly our strength and there are few teams that have a better midfield than;

Ben Arfa, Barton, Tiote, Jonas

If Ranger and Best turn out to be turd. We should look at playing Nolan or Ireland before Ben Arfa.