Barton

peasepud

Lets face it, he is waiting to see what Newcastle do with the money this summer. Barton was quite happy with the team because Carroll complimented his football. His passing in to Carroll is what have got him recognised this season. Same with Nolan with Carrolls knock downs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So our senior players get poached off/ leave in the summer, remains of the 35 mil get spent replacing them with substandard alternatives with high prices as teams know we are desperate - and we rely on Lua Lua and Ranger for the start of next season through til January - where the person who outperforms gets sold.

My worst nightmare :lol:

So our senior players get poached off/ leave in the summer, remains of the 35 mil get spent replacing them with substandard alternatives with high prices as teams know we are desperate - and we rely on Lua Lua and Ranger for the start of next season through til January - where the person who outperforms gets sold.

Mine is Ashley selling Barton, Tiote and Enrique in summer. Then Pardew bemoans luck at finding suitable replacement with 70+ mil in Ashley's pie fund

Mine is Ashley selling Barton, Tiote and Enrique in summer. Then Pardew bemoans luck at finding suitable replacement with 70+ mil in Ashley's pie fund

Not a betting man and all that, but I have a reasonable source who tells me that Barton is wanted (not that he will go there etc.) by West Ham in particular

They certainly are investing, and incidentally at the end of the transfer window had 8 strikers! My only club connection/source is at West Ham, so it's not official etc.

He'll be in his prime during his next contract, why would he want to waste it with a club whose sole ambition appears to be avoiding relegation.

Should we not significantly strengthen in the summer then it won't just be him looking out.

Carroll made his crosses looks great tbh.

I bet he is only 1/2 the player without him.

He'll not be half the player but he'll look it without anyone to convert his crosses, which midfielder wouldn't?

I hope Pardew realises he needs to stop using him as a winger now. It was terrible watching him putting in crosses against west-ham and seeing Hangeland head them out again unchallenged while Best and Ranger just stood there. He probably still will use him as winger tho. Since our only winger is Jonas.

I hope Pardew realises he needs to stop using him as a winger now. It was terrible watching him putting in crosses against west-ham and seeing Hangeland head them out again unchallenged while Best and Ranger just stood there. He probably still will use him as winger tho. Since our only winger is Jonas.

In 5 league games since Carrols self inflicted injury, we've scored 8 goals and conceded 3, leave the midfield well alone IMO, coincidently the only games we haven't won (2 draws and the Fulham loss) are when Tiote was suspended.

has refused to sign his contract and is now waiting to see what develops seemingly.

Cant blame him tbh. For all the crap he's put us through and pledges to see out his career here, he must know if he signs now, which will probably be his last big contract he's admitting that he has no hopes of playing for an ambitious club that will compete for anything

This just still hearsay or anything resembling official yet.

Same difference :lol:

Doubt they'd announce something like this though other than 'negotiations ongoing'. Not surprised one bit btw.

Doubt they'd announce something like this though other than 'negotiations ongoing'. Not surprised one bit btw.

At least we can be confident JB will let us know what he thinks has gone on - I'm surprised he has kept quiet this long

Fair enough like. I dont think its anything to do with Carroll making him look good etc, fact is his crosses are decent with or without Carroll. Its more to do with the direction of the club. He wont want to be relegated again as none of them will. The players are working well as a team to stay up. Whats the point if the owner keeps trying to fuck it up.

Exactly, the fact he hasnt signed a week after he was "in the bag" and quoted as being happy to take a pay cut should be enough to say that all is not well.

The source is a valid, trustworthy one who never gives out info unless hes 100% sure of it. He will have got it directly from a player (more than likely Barton himself).