Grim Destinations

Mac-Toon

I was curious about Camden, NJ so I searched for it and plonked Street View down in what looked like the centre of town. And got this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=camden+nj&am...263.23,,0,-6.93

:(

:rolleyes: Aye that's the place, it's lush I think it had the murder capital of America title took off it by Detroit recently. Still owns the car-jacking capital iirc.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As is Hartlepool tbf

Haven't been to Hartlepool in a while (maybe the last friendly we played there when Barton made his debut? First time I'd seen Carroll in the flesh that day too), but it always seemed to be about 20 years behind everywhere else.

I have family there, once when I was about 14/15 I was just walking down the road and some skinny little runt rode up to me on his bike punched me in the back of the head and rode off before I could have my say; was with my cousin at the time and he had never seen him before

They have since moved to a nicer area of Hartlepool (if there is one)

Edited by Idioteque

Coventry has been slowly improving over recent times, but there are parts that are still shit like where I live (Hillfields). The city centre is no longer the miserable modernist 60's tower block type of thing, and the people are usually reasonably friendly.

Out of the many places I've lived Bridlington is easily the worst. It has an inbred, Royston Vasey vibe. I've found an old blog that I wrote in 2006, that gives you a rough idea of the place:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello people. I have now moved to Bridlington, since I couldn't get a job anywhere, and I am amazed at the place. No, the streets are not paved with gold, and the buildings do not push architure to new heights. Rather I am amazed at the following:

1. How many balding fat men there are. I have lost count of the number of overweight men with saved heads there seems to be. Some are so fat they actually look like their waters are about to break.

2. How ignorant people are. They generally stand in your way, and don't move. And they also have no concept of road safety. Many people have stepped into the road in front of the car I'm in and adopted that 'if I can't see you, you can't hit me' attitude as they shuffle across the road.

3. There are countless spaz chariots, wheelchairs and walking sticks about, which make it hard for the more mobile pedestrian. Perhaps they have all been run over.

4. Loads of old people, invariably with small dogs and something to help their mobility. Very few ethnic minorities as well, which is very different from Bedford.

One more thing that annoys me is that the two libraries don't have computers that support memory sticks i.e. no USB port. Is it 1995 here or something? Therefore, I can't use the library to send off my CV, which is on my hard drive or a memory stick. I haven't worked out if there are any nightclubs here, but if there are, I'm not exactly expecting a goth club. No, more chavish bangin' choons innit.

There is a good side to this place I'm sure, but it is as elusive as a good looking girl who isn't with a fat bald man in an England shirt, or a chav.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This extract is from something I wrote a few months later:

Some other kind of fucking artist must have come up with that one. Anyhow, apart from that I have been assaulted by some chav for literally no reason, found out that the tennants of my parents flat have recieved copious amounts of racist abuse (one is black, the other Asian), and that everyone loves shitty Eurodance round here. What I would do for a nightclub that plays my sort of music.

The big darts tournament is on here at the mo, and all the crazy people are here. Served some Dutch people earlier today, who were here to see Ray Barneveld I presume. Very polite crowd, I liked them. I have had to endure tedious dance shit at work the past couple of days. There is a CD player, and I've had ©rap, and a compelation probably entitled 'Shit, nondescript Eurodance covers 2006' on a loop. You start to feel old when you can remember the originals the shit acts cover. I mean i had to endure an awful version of Angel Eyes by Wet Wet Wet for fucks sake. I know I should put on some Tomahawk or Rammstein to rip their faces off. No doubt they'll whine, but they have no culture.

----------------------------------------------------

In regards for the OP, I went to actual glasgow a couple of years ago; the day of the old firm

We arrived and found the nearest pub as it was Chelsea vs Liverpool and a few with us were kopites, you could tell there had been trouble as the old firm had finished but they had the game on and a lot in there had and english team, hypocrites

anyway afterwards we couldn't get in there as they didn't like our accents or 'when did you have your last drink' or 'how many drinks have you had' so we walked miles round Glasgow city centre and couldn't get in anywhwere

Absolute shithole

I love Glasgow. Always had a good time there. If people in bars (usually older) start ball aching about whether I prefer Celtic or Rangers, I just say I don't care and support Newcastle. That usually changes the conversation to whether we're good or shit. Either that or you get some verbal abuse. Just got to ignore it.

Bouncers in Glasgow can be a nightmare mind, that's true. Some of them will keep you talking for five minutes before telling you to try somewhere else. Not agressively like, but it's still a pain. There's a bar up there that I have never been able to get in yet, but I'll keep trying!

Why is there still discussion going on when Peasepud got it right with his first post.

Stoke is a fucking shithole. You could firebomb the place and you'd never notice the difference, duck.

I was curious about Camden, NJ so I searched for it and plonked Street View down in what looked like the centre of town. And got this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=camden+nj&am...263.23,,0,-6.93

:lol:

:lol: Aye that's the place, it's lush I think it had the murder capital of America title took off it by Detroit recently. Still owns the car-jacking capital iirc.

Yuk's. :lol:

SCUNThorpe btw. Although my mate from Doncaster tells me people "go to scunny for their weddings cos it's posh) which is a horrifying thought.